View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 8:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Linebackers 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Linebackers
Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama has been tearing it up at the Senior Bowl. His stock is skyrocketing. If his combine matches his Senoir Bowl week, he might become the 1st OLB drafted. And is definitely worthy of the #23 pick. He is projected as a fit for both the 4-3 and the 3-4 defenses.

edited to add: Yes, I am aware that he probably won't be available at #23.

January 26th, 2012, 6:13 pm
Team MVP

BillySims wrote:
Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama has been tearing it up at the Senior Bowl. His stock is skyrocketing. If his combine matches his Senoir Bowl week, he might become the 1st OLB drafted. And is definitely worthy of the #23 pick. He is projected as a fit for both the 4-3 and the 3-4 defenses.

edited to add: Yes, I am aware that he probably won't be available at #23.

Lol good edit. I'd gladly welcome him to Detroit but doubt he will make it that far. BUT, condsidering what Detroit was willing to give up last year for Patrick peterson, I wouldn't rule out anything as far as a possible trade up.

So far with my mock draft I'm working on, the earliest I see Upshaw going is to Buffalo.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 27th, 2012, 2:11 am
RIP Killer

Zach Brown is another linebacker that is earning cash at the Senior Bowl. One analyst listed him as the most impressive defensive player on either squad. He'd be great as a weakside backer for the Lions, but much like Upshaw he won't be on the board when the Lions pick, unless they trade up.

Somebody plant some weed on him and call the cops.....

January 27th, 2012, 2:41 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

m2karateman wrote:
Zach Brown is another linebacker that is earning cash at the Senior Bowl. One analyst listed him as the most impressive defensive player on either squad. He'd be great as a weakside backer for the Lions, but much like Upshaw he won't be on the board when the Lions pick, unless they trade up.

Somebody plant some weed on him and call the cops.....

Maybe we can send Culbreth on a recruiting visit. :D

January 27th, 2012, 2:47 pm
Team MVP

Just read on PFT that Miami LB Sean Spence put up a whopping 12 reps on the bench today. Ouch.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

February 27th, 2012, 3:26 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
Just read on PFT that Miami LB Sean Spence put up a whopping 12 reps on the bench today. Ouch.

But he ran a 4.56 forty.

February 27th, 2012, 3:27 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

But he ran a 4.56 forty.

For any team that had time on their radar, they gotta decide which is more important.

February 27th, 2012, 3:45 pm
RIP Killer

PFT is also reporting that Vontaz Burfict has killed his stock in interviews with the media and teams alike. Aside from his slow forty times, he has not taken any responsibility for his behavior, and instead blames the coaches and officials.

That high pitched whistle is the sound of his stock falling from the sky into the depths of the latter rounds.

February 27th, 2012, 4:24 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
PFT is also reporting that Vontaz Burfict has killed his stock in interviews with the media and teams alike. Aside from his slow forty times, he has not taken any responsibility for his behavior, and instead blames the coaches and officials.

That high pitched whistle is the sound of his stock falling from the sky into the depths of the latter rounds.

Saw that, and I have to agree with you. Burfict apparently has buried his draft stock.

February 27th, 2012, 4:31 pm
League MVP

Burfict's comments have been ridiculously stupid. Could he be available in round 3 or 4? I think the Ravens would take him at the end of Rd 2. Cant think of a worse fit for the guy than coming from a Dennis Erickson program - he has to be one of the least effective disciplinarians ever.

February 27th, 2012, 5:30 pm

I was just about to come over and post what all you guys have said about Burfict. I was high on him b/c of his style of play, but after hearing/reading some of the things he's said this past week... yeah he just lost himself A LOT of $$!

NEVER GIVE UP!

February 27th, 2012, 5:42 pm
League MVP

burfict also ran in the 4.9-5.0 range at the combine from what i saw on nfl network, i dont know what his official time ended up as - could he fall out of the draft completely?

February 27th, 2012, 10:17 pm
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
burfict also ran in the 4.9-5.0 range at the combine from what i saw on nfl network, i dont know what his official time ended up as - could he fall out of the draft completely?

I'd wouldn't be shocked if he goes undrafted, because it's happened before. LeGarrette Blount comes to mind. The difference is, Blount had some pretty decent workouts, but still went undrafted. He even apologized and took responsibility for what he did. Burfict is probably blaming the stopwatch right now for his slow 40 times.

I wouldn't touch the guy.

February 28th, 2012, 12:14 am
Team MVP

Just thought id mention I listened to Mayocks latest on Vontaze Burfict, he says he doesnt see Burfict as a draftable kid. :shock:

March 29th, 2012, 6:45 pm

Deandre McDaniel 2

March 30th, 2012, 3:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next