View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 30th, 2014, 1:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Cornerbacks 
Post Re: Cornerbacks
UK Lion wrote:
I'm worried about Jenkins. Anyone who hasn't learnt, after his third unplanned kid with a third different woman, that contraception is perhaps a good idea is someone who just can't be that smart IMO. (I am right in recalling he has 4 kids by 4 different women at age 20, or something?)

I agree UK. I don't buy this "change of heart" that has lasted less than 6 months. If anything I'd say he's hired a great agent, and that agent is managing him very well. I really don't believe that he "grew up" over night, as some others do.

March 28th, 2012, 2:21 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
UK Lion wrote:
I'm worried about Jenkins. Anyone who hasn't learnt, after his third unplanned kid with a third different woman, that contraception is perhaps a good idea is someone who just can't be that smart IMO. (I am right in recalling he has 4 kids by 4 different women at age 20, or something?)

I agree UK. I don't buy this "change of heart" that has lasted less than 6 months. If anything I'd say he's hired a great agent, and that agent is managing him very well. I really don't believe that he "grew up" over night, as some others do.
It hasn't lasted just six months, and was taking place before he hired an agent. He transferred to to North Alabama and had no issues there. That was more than a year ago. And while his fathering so many children at such a young age could be a concern, it doesn't make him a bad football player. There have been other very, very good players who have done similar things. Every player is a gamble. And even the choir boy type players can have off field issues once they've been drafted.

March 28th, 2012, 6:11 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

It hasn't lasted just six months, and was taking place before he hired an agent. He transferred to to North Alabama and had no issues there. That was more than a year ago. And while his fathering so many children at such a young age could be a concern, it doesn't make him a bad football player. There have been other very, very good players who have done similar things. Every player is a gamble. And even the choir boy type players can have off field issues once they've been drafted.

Well said. In my opinion, I dont care how many children he has or is going to have. If we drafted him and he stayed out of trouble and kept his mind on football, the team, and stayed focused, then thats all i care about. He is an outstanding CB, sometimes it just might be worth taking a chance on him.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 28th, 2012, 8:46 pm
Team MVP

Not to change subjects, even though it is CB related..

Some so called "analysts" say Detroit will take Brandon Boykin, CB Georgia with their 1st pick. While I like Boykin, i dont think hes first RD caliber, let alone #23. Anyway, a guy I work with thinks IM wrong in saying there is no way the Lions take Boykin at 23, and the writer is correct in saying they will. We made a bet. With no disrespect towards Boykin, I bet him he doesnt go 1st rd, while my co-worker says he will. Does anyone else besides me like my odds?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

March 29th, 2012, 2:44 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
Not to change subjects, even though it is CB related..

Some so called "analysts" say Detroit will take Brandon Boykin, CB Georgia with their 1st pick. While I like Boykin, i dont think hes first RD caliber, let alone #23. Anyway, a guy I work with thinks IM wrong in saying there is no way the Lions take Boykin at 23, and the writer is correct in saying they will. We made a bet. With no disrespect towards Boykin, I bet him he doesnt go 1st rd, while my co-worker says he will. Does anyone else besides me like my odds?

Honestly I think he may still be on the board when the Lions pick in round two so I like your odds.

March 29th, 2012, 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Keeping with the title of this thread... anyone think the Lions can work out a deal with Asante Samuel?

I know having Avril franchised probably makes that dang near impossible to pull off though. :/

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 29th, 2012, 4:23 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

They're not going to give up a 3rd (yes, up from a 4th because the Eagles always want too much for their players) and they're not going to pay him 9.5million a year.

March 29th, 2012, 5:34 pm

njroar wrote:
They're not going to give up a 3rd (yes, up from a 4th because the Eagles always want too much for their players) and they're not going to pay him 9.5million a year.

I was hoping they'd restructure with Samuel for a more cap friendly number and trade Avril to an AFC team for some picks to make up what the team had to give up to get Samuel.

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 30th, 2012, 8:15 am
RIP Killer

It was my understanding that the Titans were willing to give a conditional 3rd round pick in 2013 for Samuel, and that he would restructure his deal, or do a new deal, to lower his cap number to facilitate the trade. What happened with that?

If I'm Philly, I'd prefer the trade to Tennessee, since it would seem Detroit will be the better team for the next couple years, at least. They'd end up with a better pick if both teams are offering the same thing.

Lastly, I wouldn't offer a conditional pick to Philly. Here's a fourth rounder, no conditions. You either trade him for that, or we'll wait until you cut him. That's exactly what the Eagles are going to do. They don't want to carry his high price tag. At least Samuel will know that Lions are genuinely interested in his services, and have been for a couple years now. If I'm Mayhew, I make that offer, and if the Eagles say no, I wait them out or allow him to go elsewhere. We don't need him that badly.

March 30th, 2012, 10:53 am
Player of the Year - Defense

The Eagles can't afford him, much like they couldn't afford Kolb after Vick got his new contract. He'll eventually get cut, but somehow the Eagles manage to get someone to overpay for what they know is used goods.

As often as I think "I wish we could sign so and so," its refreshing to sit back and realize that Mayhew isn't going to get suckered. Its a relatively new feeling, but over the past few years, he's proven that he knows what he's doing.

March 30th, 2012, 11:07 am
Rookie Player of the Year

njroar wrote:
As often as I think "I wish we could sign so and so," its refreshing to sit back and realize that Mayhew isn't going to get suckered. Its a relatively new feeling, but over the past few years, he's proven that he knows what he's doing.

Yeah--yesterday there was an article on PFT how Philly was lining up another sucker for a trade, and they mentioned the Lions. My comment? "Nobody rolls Mayhew."

March 30th, 2012, 11:11 am

I just have a feeling that they'll trade up in the draft. If they like a guy alot they'll go pretty hard for him. Eric Wright is the only starter who left(37.5milli!?!?!...Nice job dude), we've been a non factor in free agency, I'm sure the front office will be very specific in the draft about the players they like and have moved up early in the draft quite a bit.

My point being I don't think any 2 or 3 players in the first 2 rounds are unnatainable. Kuechly, Konts, Kirkpatrick, Decastro, and maybe even Claiborn are all very real possibilities. look at what they almost gave up for peterson last year. They say they don't draft for need, but look at our RB situation.

If they trade up for Trent Richardson, I will S*** out of my d***

March 31st, 2012, 2:45 am
Team MVP

Killwill25 wrote:
I just have a feeling that they'll trade up in the draft. If they like a guy alot they'll go pretty hard for him. Eric Wright is the only starter who left(37.5milli!?!?!...Nice job dude), we've been a non factor in free agency, I'm sure the front office will be very specific in the draft about the players they like and have moved up early in the draft quite a bit.

My point being I don't think any 2 or 3 players in the first 2 rounds are unnatainable. Kuechly, Konts, Kirkpatrick, Decastro, and maybe even Claiborn are all very real possibilities. look at what they almost gave up for peterson last year. They say they don't draft for need, but look at our RB situation.

Ive been saying that for months now. I would not be surprised to see any player besides Luck and RGIII to be wearing a Lions jersey next year. Not saying it WILL happen, I just wouldnt be surprised. Especially for a CB.

March 31st, 2012, 5:04 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

kdsberman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

Ive been saying that for months now. I would not be surprised to see any player besides Luck and RGIII to be wearing a Lions jersey next year. Not saying it WILL happen, I just wouldnt be surprised. Especially for a CB.

Have to agree, Mayhew showed last year he's not shy about moving around in the draft to obtain players he perceives as good values, and I'm thinking the players the Lions like most in round 1 will be long gone by 23. That's not to say they can't get good talent to develop with there pick, it's just that the impact players will probably be gone.

March 31st, 2012, 8:24 am
All State

I dont see us moving up , but I would be happy if we did to get Claiborne. He is a better CB prospect than Patrick Peterson I believe .

April 2nd, 2012, 6:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next