View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 11:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Mega Millions 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Mega Millions
Don't bother buying any tickets. I am buying the winner in a few minutes. LOL

Quote:
Mega Millions hits record $640 million jackpot
By Eric Pfeiffer | The Sideshow – 1 hr 23 mins ago

Mega MillionsThe already record-breaking Mega Millions jackpot has surged again — to an unprecedented $640 million.

The Mega Millions game is played in 40 states, along with Washington, DC and the U.S. Virgin Islands. #IfIWonTheMegaMillions has been trending on Twitter this week, with players offering ideas on how they'd spend the record-breaking jackpot.

As we previously reported, depending on how much of your winnings are handed over to the government in taxes, you might end up wealthier than Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who is worth an estimated $250 million. You'd almost certainly have more cash on hand than NBA superstar LeBron James, who is worth an estimated $120 million. And you could buy more all-meat outfits than Lady Gaga, who as of last year was estimated to have earned about $90 million.

March 30th, 2012, 1:40 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Mega Millions
Did you know you have a better chance at being the real Billy Sims than winning this?

March 30th, 2012, 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

For the record, I've already bought the winning ticket, but you all can feel free to add to my winnings by buying more :P :wink:

Pablo wrote:
Did you know you have a better chance at being the real Billy Sims than winning this?
This reminds me, I played a round of golf with one of Billy's cousins (at least he said he was his cousin :wink: ) a few months ago. Nice guy

March 30th, 2012, 2:16 pm
RIP Killer

odds of winning = 1 in 176 million

number of males in the US = 151.4 million

You have better odds of being Barack Obama than holding the winning ticket.

March 30th, 2012, 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

where do you think they get the odds for all the things they are comparing this to. Like you have a 1 in 576,000 chance to get hit by lightning. Would mean that 11875.88021354167 people would get struck by lightning every day?

March 30th, 2012, 3:02 pm
1st Round Pick

Isn't the odds of being hit by lightning figure the odds of it occurring once in your lifetime, rather than the odds of being hit on any one given day?

ie of the people currently on earth, 11875 will get struck by lightning or (assuming a 50yr average lifespan (complete guess on my part)) there are 0.65 incidents of people being struck by lightning per day.

April 2nd, 2012, 6:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]