View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 9:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Jason Peters injured 
QB Coach

Post Jason Peters injured
Eagles starting LT Jason Peters ruptured his Achilles tendon and is likely out for the season.

I could see them bringing in McNeil now or perhaps drafting an OT in the mid rounds. For whatever reason, Reid doesn't like taking olinemen high, last year Watkins being the exception.

March 30th, 2012, 1:22 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Jason Peters injured
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Eagles starting LT Jason Peters ruptured his Achilles tendon and is likely out for the season.

I could see them bringing in McNeil now or perhaps drafting an OT in the mid rounds. For whatever reason, Reid doesn't like taking olinemen high, last year Watkins being the exception.

Now the Eagles will definitely have to lower their demands for Samuel to get his salary off their books so that they can seriously look at signing a left tackle replacement. Peters career may be over now.

March 31st, 2012, 10:10 am
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:

Now the Eagles will definitely have to lower their demands for Samuel to get his salary off their books so that they can seriously look at signing a left tackle replacement. Peters career may be over now.

With them apparently contacting McNeil, they could potentially be replacing their season ending injured LT with an injury prone left tackle. This makes me think if things don't work out, they're gonna be looking into Martin or Adams in the draft.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 31st, 2012, 2:11 pm
QB Coach

Saw that they did contact McNeil and are looking into Bell from Buffalo too. Bell dealt with injury issues 2 of the last 3 years so it looks to be a shaky situation in Philly.

Regarding cap issues, from what I've seen the Eagles have about 17 million available so fitting in a new tackle won't be an issue even with Samuel on the books.

March 31st, 2012, 6:57 pm
QB Coach

Was just checking into Demetrius Bell and found out something interesting - his dad is Karl Malone. The same story mentions Cheryl Ford, a former Detroit Shock player who is also Malone's kid.

March 31st, 2012, 7:10 pm
League MVP

thats a sad story with bell/karl malone (total scumbag)

April 3rd, 2012, 5:19 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

The Legend wrote:

Am I missing something? What's the sad story?

April 3rd, 2012, 10:03 pm
Footsoldier32 wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Am I missing something? What's the sad story?

Well KM hasn't been particularly involved with any of his kids lives, from what I understand. Cheryl Ford has been on record talking about what a bastard he was, but I think she's softened on that in recent years... I guess its easier to "make amends" for Karl when child support is out of the window.

April 3rd, 2012, 10:44 pm
QB Coach

Malone settled with Bell's mother who was 13 at the time she got pregnant so that he wouldn't have to pay child support or be involved in Bell's life. It wasn't til he was older that Bell even found out who his father was and Malone told him you're too old now, you have to make it on your own.

April 4th, 2012, 3:49 pm
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Malone settled with Bell's mother who was 13 at the time she got pregnant so that he wouldn't have to pay child support or be involved in Bell's life. It wasn't til he was older that Bell even found out who his father was and Malone told him you're too old now, you have to make it on your own.

You can't really settle with a 13 year old... I mean, it worked out for him, but that's really only because she was dumb and didn't pursue the thing.

April 4th, 2012, 4:00 pm
QB Coach

He settled with her and her family who didn't want to pursue any criminal charges because they were all residents of a small town.

Still that's pretty messed up that he was sleeping with a 13 year old. He was 20 at the time.

Back on topic the Eagles signed Bell.

April 4th, 2012, 4:05 pm
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
He settled with her and her family who didn't want to pursue any criminal charges because they were all residents of a small town.

Still that's pretty messed up that he was sleeping with a 13 year old. He was 20 at the time.

Back on topic the Eagles signed Bell.

Still could have gotten child-support, regardless of what the "settlement" was. Child support is the child's money, it really has nothing to do with the parent. Further, she could have broke the contract at any point prior to her 18th birthday, a contract by a minor is voidable by that minor at any point. The bottom line is that Malone got lucky that she wasn't smarter and asserted herself in court. She would have won BIG.

April 4th, 2012, 4:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]