View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 9:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Various 2012 NFL Mock drafts. 
Bubbles the Lion

Post Re: Various 2012 NFL Mock drafts.
LioneeR wrote:
Who was the guy that did the mock draft last year that was rediculously close? Goose maybe?

I don't remember exactly, but he had Prince to the Giants, that DE to the 49ers in the top 10, and even Fairley dropping out of the top 10.

He is the only one I saw last year that was anywhere close to correct. I can't wait to look at his for this year.

Yeah the guys' name was Goose. I will just post the 1st Rd. First who he thought and then the real choice.

1. Newton Newton
2. Von Miller Von Miller
3. Dareus Dareus
4. AJ Green AJ Green
5. Peterson Peterson
6. Jones Jones
7. Gabbert Aldon Smith
8. Locker Locker
9. Tyron Smith Tyron Smith
10. Ponder Gabbert
11. Aldon Smith Watt
12. Dalton Ponder
13. Fairley Fairley
14. Ingram Quinn
15. Pouncey Pouncey
16. Kerrigan Kerrigan
17. Jordan Solder
18. Liuget Liuget
19. Solder Prince
20. Quinn Clayborn
21. Carimi Taylor
22. Castonzo Castonzo
23. Jimmy Smith Watkins
24. Clayborn Jordan
25. Prince Carpenter
26. Watt Baldwin
27. Taylor Jimmy Smith
28. Watkins Ingram
29. Austin Carimi
30. Sherrod Wilkerson
31. Heyward Heyward
32. Williams Sherrod

Apologize for the setup. Looks kinda muddled.

I mean this guy was DEAD ON on 13 of 32 picks. He was the only person I saw predict the run on "2nd Tier" QB's of Locker, Ponder, Gabbert. This caused a bunch of defensive guys to drop like Fairley, Prince, and Jimmy Smith. In the spots he was wrong, you can usually look a couple spots up or down and see your guy.

I am only going to be looking at his mock draft this year.

March 20th, 2012, 12:05 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

sure but its not like he puts out that mock months or even weeks in advance - he puts it out like 1-2 days before

March 20th, 2012, 2:30 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

The Legend wrote:
sure but its not like he puts out that mock months or even weeks in advance - he puts it out like 1-2 days before

He does his "official" mock draft the morning of the draft! He does some preliminary drafts as well. I think he does one mock draft based on his perception of team need, another based solely on best player available (regardless of need), and then the final mock that is published on draft day.

His name is Rick Gosselin, by the way, and he writes for the Dallas Morning News. http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/columnists/rick-gosselin/

March 20th, 2012, 2:58 pm
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:

He actually does 3 mocks starting a few weeks out. The last one is the most accurate, however, as he bases that on what he is hearing from his sources within each organization and how he thinks it will happen.

Each year I post it, everyone says how crazy it is - go ahead and look at last years. Then low and behold he is by far the most accurate of all the prognosticators.

What sucks down here in Dallas is they are having Goose write about all sports now, I've seen articles on baseball and hockey lately - just ain't right but an indication of what is happening to the newspaper business.

March 20th, 2012, 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
The Legend wrote:

He actually does 3 mocks starting a few weeks out. The last one is the most accurate, however, as he bases that on what he is hearing from his sources within each organization and how he thinks it will happen.

Each year I post it, everyone says how crazy it is - go ahead and look at last years. Then low and behold he is by far the most accurate of all the prognosticators.

What sucks down here in Dallas is they are having Goose write about all sports now, I've seen articles on baseball and hockey lately - just ain't right but an indication of what is happening to the newspaper business.

Off topic. But. I think it is interesting how all the major newspapers claim that circulation is down and newspapers are going bankrupt. And then you look at the extravagant new buildings that they have all recently built. I shake my head and wonder what the truth is.

March 20th, 2012, 6:44 pm
RIP Killer

Draft Tek Mock for Lions - March 23rd

R1 - OT Jonathan Martin, Stanford
R2 - CB Josh Robinson, Central Florida
R3 - OC Philip Blake, Baylor
R4 - FS Phillip Thomas, Syracuse
R5 - DE Trevor Guyton, California
R7 - QB Russell Wilson, Wisconsin
R7 - OT James Carmon, Mississippi State

Great Blue North - March 20th

R1 - CB Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina
R2 - OT Bobbie Massey, Mississippi
R3 - RB LaMichael James, Oregon

Walter Football - March 21st

R1 - CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama
R2 - OT Zebrie Sanders, Florida State
R3 - RB Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati
R4 - FS Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State
R5 - DE Oliver Vernon, Miami

March 23rd, 2012, 8:54 am
RIP Killer

I like those first 3 on the GB north report

March 26th, 2012, 3:28 pm
Team MVP

conversion02 wrote:
I like those first 3 on the GB north report

Me too!!

Actually, not to start a new discussion, but if we go Kirkpatrick/Gilmore in RD1, and if Barron is high on their list, call me crazy but I would not rule out a trade up for Barron. Cuz im thinking Barron could possibly slip to Rd2. COULD.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 26th, 2012, 6:35 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Mel Kiper
Detroit Lions.com wrote:
Kiper has Lions selecting OT and CB in first two rounds of latest mock draft
Posted by ttwentyman on April 4, 2012 – 1:51 pm

ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. has released the fourth installment of his mock draft and even included second round predictions this time around.

With the 23rd pick in the first round, Kiper has the Lions selecting Stanford offensive tackle Jonathan Martin.

“The Lions can’t go wrong with either the best corner or tackle option here,” Kiper wrote.

“In this scenario, Martin fits what they’ll be looking for to bring the O-line up to par. An athletic tackle, he should develop into a great pass protector for Matthew Stafford. Jeff Backus has played forever, the Lions have enough pieces elsewhere and must target the line.”

In the second round, Kiper has the Lions selecting Montana cornerback Trumaine Johnson with the 54th pick.

“One of the more underrated players in the draft, Johnson dominated at Montana,” Kiper wrote. “Detroit has a huge need here.”

My thought on both picks is that this isn’t a bad scenario for the Lions. They address two needs at the top of the draft with two players who can come to camp and compete for starting roles, and at the very least add good depth at positions that need it.

I'm not so sure Mel Kiper has studied up on Martin Mayhew's view of / approach to the draft.

April 4th, 2012, 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie Player of the Year

It's crazy how soon the draft is coming up. It sneaks up a lot faster when you're drafting late in the first.

April 10th, 2012, 9:40 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Mel Kiper
LionFan57 wrote:
Detroit Lions.com wrote:
Kiper has Lions selecting OT and CB in first two rounds of latest mock draft
Posted by ttwentyman on April 4, 2012 – 1:51 pm

ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. has released the fourth installment of his mock draft and even included second round predictions this time around.

With the 23rd pick in the first round, Kiper has the Lions selecting Stanford offensive tackle Jonathan Martin.

“The Lions can’t go wrong with either the best corner or tackle option here,” Kiper wrote.

“In this scenario, Martin fits what they’ll be looking for to bring the O-line up to par. An athletic tackle, he should develop into a great pass protector for Matthew Stafford. Jeff Backus has played forever, the Lions have enough pieces elsewhere and must target the line.”

In the second round, Kiper has the Lions selecting Montana cornerback Trumaine Johnson with the 54th pick.

“One of the more underrated players in the draft, Johnson dominated at Montana,” Kiper wrote. “Detroit has a huge need here.”

My thought on both picks is that this isn’t a bad scenario for the Lions. They address two needs at the top of the draft with two players who can come to camp and compete for starting roles, and at the very least add good depth at positions that need it.

I'm not so sure Mel Kiper has studied up on Martin Mayhew's view of / approach to the draft.

I haven't seen Kiper's complete first round mock, but if Martin is there at #23 he may very well be the top player on the Lions board. I don't see him falling that far, because LTs don't fall too far.

As for Trumaine Johnson in round two, that's not a bad pick. He could be the top player available there. And for the Lions, he could be put at either CB or S, depending on what he shows in camp.

April 10th, 2012, 10:15 am
Team MVP

I just cannot see Martin falling that far. Kalil and Reiff will be gone by 10 IMO, with Martin having to fall another 13 to get to us. The Seahawks, Cardinals (especially), Bengals, Bears, and Browns all have a need at offensive tackle. Of course this all depends on how high teams have Mike Adams rated also.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

April 10th, 2012, 11:46 am
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
I just cannot see Martin falling that far. Kalil and Reiff will be gone by 10 IMO, with Martin having to fall another 13 to get to us. The Seahawks, Cardinals (especially), Bengals, Bears, and Browns all have a need at offensive tackle. Of course this all depends on how high teams have Mike Adams rated also.

Seahawks? I don't see them having a need for a left tackle. Didn't they just take Russell Okung two seasons ago, and Carpenter last season? Carpenter was considered a reach, but actually played really well for them at RT. Okung has had some injury issues, but has been pretty good when healthy. I can't see them taking a LT.

The rest I agree with. But don't be surprised if Reiff does fall out of the top ten. Some teams have changed his projected position from tackle to guard, which drops his stock for them. I wouldn't be surprised to see DeCastro go ahead of Reiff, and not in the top ten.

April 10th, 2012, 3:05 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

m2karateman wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Seahawks? I don't see them having a need for a left tackle. Didn't they just take Russell Okung two seasons ago, and Carpenter last season? Carpenter was considered a reach, but actually played really well for them at RT. Okung has had some injury issues, but has been pretty good when healthy. I can't see them taking a LT.

The rest I agree with. But don't be surprised if Reiff does fall out of the top ten. Some teams have changed his projected position from tackle to guard, which drops his stock for them. I wouldn't be surprised to see DeCastro go ahead of Reiff, and not in the top ten.

Agree on Reiff falling out of the top ten, to me he's a right tackle. As for Martin, I've read a few negative scouting reports on him (soft, lacks strength, finesse tackle) that I hope the Lions don't take him.

April 10th, 2012, 11:15 pm
Team MVP

liontrax wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Agree on Reiff falling out of the top ten, to me he's a right tackle. As for Martin, I've read a few negative scouting reports on him (soft, lacks strength, finesse tackle) that I hope the Lions don't take him.

I can guarantee you the Lions wont take him because Ill bet the computer im typing on right now the he wont last to 23.

April 11th, 2012, 7:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next