View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 2:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Fairely and LeShoure? Bus Tickets out of town? 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Fairely and LeShoure? Bus Tickets out of town?
I have a question. If Nick Fairely were being drafted this year, would he be the first DT off the board?

If so, What would be the chances of packaging Fairely and LeShoure for KC's 1st round pick and swap3rd rounders this year. KC needs a DT and a RB.

We are deep at DT and would be just fine without Fairely. LeShoure never played for us, so there would be no great loss. And it's likely that we will be drafting a RB again even if we keep LeShoure.

I just think that after 3 dope arrests this off season, ( Fairely, LeShoure, and earlier Culbreath), that it is time to send a message to the team. That message would be a loud one.

If we could land KC's first round pick, #11 over all, we would be right in the sweet spot for any of the following guys.

Riley Reiff OT Iowa
Dontari Poe DT Memphis
Luke Kuechly ILB Boston College
Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
Devon Still DT Penn St.
Mark Barron S Alabama
Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina

We could get our future LT at pick #11 in Reiff
And then use Pick #23 to get a CB or LB.

Carolina at Pick # 9 is also in need of a DT but not so much for a RB.

April 5th, 2012, 10:06 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Fairely and LeShoure? Bus Tickets out of town?
BillySims wrote:
If so, What would be the chances of packaging Fairely and LeShoure for KC's 1st round pick and swap3rd rounders this year. KC needs a DT and a RB.

Billy, in todays NFL do you really think a team would trade for a pair of guys just coming off of the police blotter for drugs? Have you just been hanging out with these two?

April 5th, 2012, 10:09 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Billy, in todays NFL do you really think a team would trade for a pair of guys just coming off of the police blotter for drugs? Have you just been hanging out with these two?

No, I have not been hanging out with them. LOL.

I understand what your saying. But, Fairely has the skills that will allow teams to look past 1 dope arrest. The risky part for them is LeShoure who has the skills. But, as of yet, has done nothing in the NFL but blow out his Achilles and get 2 Dope Arrests. But, if Fairely is head and shoulders better than the top DT in this draft, LeShoure is a headache that a team might be willing to endure in order to get Fairely.

April 5th, 2012, 10:15 am
RIP Killer

Two guys with serious drug and injury issues after just one year? Can you imagine the outcry from the fan base.

April 5th, 2012, 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

Billy, you're seriously overreacting like usual. Step back, take a deep breath (just don't inhale), and let it all out.

What you're seeing is the immaturity of young players that couldn't really take part in a full offseason last year due to the lockout, and the new CBA that keeps players away from facilities longer this year. The vets know the deal, but the younger players are going to fall into traps. Teams and teammates need to realize that they have a greater responsibility to mentor these kids. Shipping them off isn't mentoring them.

April 5th, 2012, 10:45 am
RIP Killer

Perhaps Billy subscribes to the buy high, sell low philosophy. Doesn't work in the stock market or the NFL...

April 5th, 2012, 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

njroar wrote:
Billy, you're seriously overreacting like usual. Step back, take a deep breath (just don't inhale), and let it all out.

What you're seeing is the immaturity of young players that couldn't really take part in a full offseason last year due to the lockout, and the new CBA that keeps players away from facilities longer this year. The vets know the deal, but the younger players are going to fall into traps. Teams and teammates need to realize that they have a greater responsibility to mentor these kids. Shipping them off isn't mentoring them.

I am not over reacting. I am merely asking a question. Thus the ?'s in the title of the thread.

The idea is not about what they did. It's the fact that they did it and sending a loud and clear message to the team. If you are stupid, you will find yourself being stupid for another team. It doesn't matter what your name is or where you were drafted. And I'm sorry. But, I don't subscribe to the idea that a 20 something man doesn't realize the smoking dope is illegal and wrong. The Law is the law. And and if you are too stupid to understand that breaking the law puts your career in the NFL in jeopardy, then please, be stupid for another team.

April 5th, 2012, 10:57 am
RIP Killer

First of all, the notion that the Lions would trade these two based on this is far fetched, at best. Second of all, the notion that another team would give anything of value for these two is absolutely ludicrous.

And lastly, where do you get your information from on the needs of the Chiefs? They don't have a need for a DT like Fairley. The need someone more like Sammie Lee Hill...a player who can be a nose tackle in their 34 defense. Fairley doesn't remotely fit that bill. And they have Jamaal Charles coming back, as well as having signed Peyton Hillis. Is there a chance they draft a RB? Sure. But it doesn't mean they have a need. And it certainly doesn't mean they'd want a cannabis devouring player who is coming off what amounts to a career threatening injury, before he's even played a single NFL game, in exchange for anything more than a box of twinkies.

April 5th, 2012, 2:11 pm
Team MVP

I think even if these guys weren't coming of being arrested, the Cheifs wouldn't trade #11 for them.

April 5th, 2012, 5:27 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

i think you would be lucky to get a 6th rounder for leshoure and probably couldnt get more than a 3rd for fairley right now

April 5th, 2012, 8:40 pm
Team MVP

The Legend wrote:
i think you would be lucky to get a 6th rounder for leshoure and probably couldnt get more than a 3rd for fairley right now

Agree with this.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 5th, 2012, 8:49 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

You might be able to get a second for Fairely. But I think he has more value to this team than the pick he'd fetch. Likewise, Leshoure is probably nearly worthless on the market, but if he returned to form, he would help the team tremendously. The Lions would get the best value out of these guys by keeping them.

April 5th, 2012, 11:18 pm

agree somewhat with the above post but if i could get a 2nd rd pick for fairley and turn that pick into Nick Perry, Jerel Worthy, Lamar Miller, Bobbie Massie, and a handful of other guys I d do it in the blink of an eye

April 7th, 2012, 1:34 pm
Varsity Captain

Ok this stuff about pot is so overblown.half the league smokes.I would rather have a player who smokes pot then one slaming beer.

April 7th, 2012, 7:20 pm

maybe ur the guy that got them to draft chuck rogers?

April 7th, 2012, 7:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next