View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 4:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Obama denounces 'radical' Republican budget plan 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Obama denounces 'radical' Republican budget plan
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I would count out Obama V Romney... And the reason is, they're the SAME DAMN PERSON.

Coke V Pepsi

April 4th, 2012, 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I would count out Obama V Romney... And the reason is, they're the SAME DAMN PERSON.

Coke V Pepsi

Exactly, and "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know..." It's a proven fact that human psychology dislikes "change" and will only choose something new where there is a real difference. There is no real difference between the words of Obama and Romney, and Romney isn't smart enough or charismatic enough to put out a clear message that is different from Obama's.

April 4th, 2012, 1:28 pm
UK Lion wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Most of the Nation leans right in today's slide-scale, but he has a way of talking about American Values, Family, etc. that garnishes nation wide support.

Where do you see that he has nation wide support? As far as I know all the data shows that he lacks broad support and only has the support of conservative republicans. People on the far right.

Take the latest real clear politics polling data. If you don't know, they take an average of a bunch of polls to try to generate an aggregate poll result. The latest polls of a candidate vs Obama have the following results:

Gingrich: Obama +13.2 O+5.7
Romney: Obama +4.3 R+0.5
Santorum: Obama +7.8 O+5
Paul: Obama +7.6 O+3.5

This isn't just the trend currently either. Gingrich has trailed Obama throughout the entire primary process. At one point it got to about even, but no better than that. Nobody has really gotten ahead of Obama in the polling, but Romney has had the best results, showing as slightly higher than him at a few different point.

Regardless, my point is that Gingrich doesn't have broad, wide spread national support. He's only won 2 states in the primaries, and both were Southern, conservative states (1 being his home state). As far as I know, there is just nothing to support this appeal you keep mentioning. Am I missing something?

Newt has also gotten shafted by the media

Newt got shafted by Newt (as a result of Newt being a wife shafting hypocrite).

Bullsh!t... Why didn't Romney get shafted by Romney for his gaffes? Why didn't Santorum get shafted by Santorum? NO ONE EVEN PROVED THE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST NEWT, OTHER THAN WHAT HE ADMITTED TO YEARS AGO, yet the media lambasted him, and glossed over other candidates flaws. It was an organized effort to take him down, period. Further, there has been an organized effort to make Romney look like the golden child, when he is the MOST FLAWED CANDIDATE OF THE BUNCH. It's ridiculous.

April 4th, 2012, 1:31 pm
3rd Round Selection

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Bullsh!t... Why didn't Romney get shafted by Romney for his gaffes? Why didn't Santorum get shafted by Santorum?

Newt's issues are more than gaffes. Going through 3 wives, having affairs etc, whilst trying to win over a social conservative audience and preaching a social conservative message, are more than gaffes.

wjb21ndtown wrote:
NO ONE EVEN PROVED THE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST NEWT, OTHER THAN WHAT HE ADMITTED TO YEARS AGO

The ones he admitted to years ago were more than enough.

wjb21ndtown wrote:
yet the media lambasted him, and glossed over other candidates flaws. It was an organized effort to take him down, period. Further, there has been an organized effort to make Romney look like the golden child, when he is the MOST FLAWED CANDIDATE OF THE BUNCH. It's ridiculous.

Tough for me to comment on, given I don't get to see the US coverage much.

But my guess is that you think Romney is the worst of the bunch, so expect him to come in for the hardest time in the media. When that doesn't happen, you assume that the media is biased (because your view is, in your opinion, the correct one). The alternative possibility is that Newt is genuinely the one with the most character issues. That is certainly my impression, and it appears that the Republican electorate agrees.

April 5th, 2012, 1:49 pm
UK Lion wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Bullsh!t... Why didn't Romney get shafted by Romney for his gaffes? Why didn't Santorum get shafted by Santorum?

Newt's issues are more than gaffes. Going through 3 wives, having affairs etc, whilst trying to win over a social conservative audience and preaching a social conservative message, are more than gaffes.

wjb21ndtown wrote:
NO ONE EVEN PROVED THE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST NEWT, OTHER THAN WHAT HE ADMITTED TO YEARS AGO

The ones he admitted to years ago were more than enough.

wjb21ndtown wrote:
yet the media lambasted him, and glossed over other candidates flaws. It was an organized effort to take him down, period. Further, there has been an organized effort to make Romney look like the golden child, when he is the MOST FLAWED CANDIDATE OF THE BUNCH. It's ridiculous.

Tough for me to comment on, given I don't get to see the US coverage much.

But my guess is that you think Romney is the worst of the bunch, so expect him to come in for the hardest time in the media. When that doesn't happen, you assume that the media is biased (because your view is, in your opinion, the correct one). The alternative possibility is that Newt is genuinely the one with the most character issues. That is certainly my impression, and it appears that the Republican electorate agrees.

I don't care about Newt's personal life, he's the only candidate with a plan, a vision and a clear message. Newt is the best candidate in the pool of Reps, and the only candidate that has a chance to win. He got shafted by the media, because they don't want him going against Obama.

The MEDIA created this illusion that Romney is the best candidate in the Rep. ppl, and that couldn't be further from the truth. They put out a false message and kept repeating it over and over again until it started to take hold. Now the general public actually believes that it's true.

April 6th, 2012, 10:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2