View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 7:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Safety 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post Safety
With Barron's stock rocketing up the boards, doubtful he'll be an option at 23. Looks like if the Lions want a Safety, we will be looking to the 3rd or 4th round. Believe that Harrison Smith will be gone by 54. After those two, the next best depends on what scouting service your reading. Having not seen Antonio Allen - South Carolina play last season, can't form an opinion, but I have seen Brandon Taylor - LSU play several games, and feel he could be a good selection. Any opinions?

April 6th, 2012, 7:15 pm
Team MVP

Post Re: Safety
Drafting a good safety would be a very good thing. Barron would be awesome and I actually think he still could be there at 23.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 6th, 2012, 8:25 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

With so many teams in need of Safeties I doubt he makes it out of the top 20.

April 6th, 2012, 8:58 pm
Team MVP

liontrax wrote:
With so many teams in need of Safeties I doubt he makes it out of the top 20.

Thats very true. Especially the lack of quality depth at the position. But at the same time, with so many CBs apparently shooting up draft boards, if there is a run on them he might fall. Who knows. Cant wait.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

April 6th, 2012, 9:02 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I went to sleep and when I woke up, Barron was all of a sudden the safest pick in the draft. If he makes it to the Bengals at 17, I would'nt be surprised if we trade up for him(or Dre, Kuechly, or Gilmore for that matter.

Harrison Smith might be just as good tho

April 6th, 2012, 9:28 pm
Team MVP

Killwill25 wrote:
I went to sleep and when I woke up, Barron was all of a sudden the safest pick in the draft. If he makes it to the Bengals at 17, I would'nt be surprised if we trade up for him(or Dre, Kuechly, or Gilmore for that matter.

Harrison Smith might be just as good tho

I like Harrison Smith too.

April 7th, 2012, 8:25 am
RIP Killer

After watching Barron work out at the 'bama Pro Day, I believe he gets taken before the Lions pick. He was fluid, changed direction pretty well, and seemed to have pretty solid ball skills in the drills. I don't have any game tape, but recall watching some games that he played in and seeing him stand out on some plays from time to time. I don't recall him making any big plays in coverage, however.

I think the Jets could take him if Ingram and Upshaw are somehow off the board. I could even imagine Dallas taking him. Cleveland, Cinci and Tennessee are all strong possibilities as well.

That's not to say he definitely won't be there. I just think the odds are against it.

That said, I do like what I saw of Markelle Martin and wouldn't mind it if the Lions ended up with him. He will likely be there in round two, possibly even round three. George Iloka in round three would be a great pick as well.

April 7th, 2012, 11:00 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

M2, whats the deal with Martin? I think he was neck and neck with Barron before the bowl season but I have heard NOTHING about him since. Who is he like in the NFL? all I know is that he's a smaller guy...

I do like Iloka too

April 7th, 2012, 10:19 pm
RIP Killer

Barron and Martin are about the same size. Martin is faster, but Barron is more physical. The knock against him is that he only has a small amount of picks in his college career. He's a pretty good tackler and has the speed to go sideline to sideline. He's not as complete a player as Barron. He doesn't show great field awareness or play that well in coverage. But those are things that he can be coached on, hopefully with some success.

I would compare him to someone like LaRon Landry.

April 7th, 2012, 10:33 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

the Lions have a clear need for a starting CB, even if Barron is there I fully expect the Lions to be targetting a corner and probably moving up to grab him if necessary. i assume that they wont cough up what it will take to get claiborne and have probably taken jenkins off of their board. that leaves kirkpatrick and gilmore. once one of them is taken I think we will see the Lions attempt to make a move, the key question is will a team take Jenkins instead of one of KirKpatrick/Gilmore and allow the other to slide to us.

April 8th, 2012, 10:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]