View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 9:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 NCAA football support 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post NCAA football support
Do you guys want to participate in a support for your favorite NCAA college? I'm thinking we either post the school's flags in our avatar or in our signature. More than one person can have support the same school too! I'm definitely supporting the University of Michigan if we go through with it. I think it would look really awesome to see each member's avatar a different collegiate flag. It would bring a lot of diversity to this board. Anybody like the idea?

September 6th, 2005, 6:45 pm
Profile YIM

I don't see why not; but, my signature is kind of crammed right now...

Michael Huff for DROY

September 6th, 2005, 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I would say no. Some people haven't went to college, some people didn't go to college, and some people didn't really like where they went to school. I can see a lot of homerism and a little too much U of M, MSU love going on if this were to happen.

Plus, try to keep the sigs small. I hate seeing boards where the sigs or avatars are the equivalent of 400 words.

Try to keep the board clean aka avatars and sigs small.

September 6th, 2005, 7:39 pm

I would say no. Some people haven't went to college, some people didn't go to college, and some people didn't really like where they went to school. I can see a lot of homerism and a little too much U of M, MSU love going on if this were to happen.

Plus, try to keep the sigs small. I hate seeing boards where the sigs or avatars are the equivalent of 400 words.

Try to keep the board clean aka avatars and sigs small.

Well apparently some of us didn't go to college :wink: !! Anyways...who cares if it's all U of M vs. MSU fans. It'll bring rivalry and competition to this board, which I'd love to see. Also you don't have to support the college you went to. I'm still in high school! Even if you haven't gone to college you can still choose any school in the country to support!! Seeing how the signatures are getting crammed from adopt-a-lion players I suggest we put our flags in our avatar showing support. I'll be the first one to do so and set an example.

September 6th, 2005, 7:45 pm
Profile YIM

I especially like the idea, since we're all Lions fans. We're all like clones of another (not really though) supporting the Lions, and so by each individual supporting his/her college it shows individualism and uniqueness!! 8)

September 6th, 2005, 7:50 pm
Profile YIM
RIP Killer

...it does...but this is a Lions fan site and not necessarily a college football site.

Just as a member of the site, I would say keep the sigs small (I personally don't like pics as I said above), but having a logo as your avatar is no problem IMO. Many people won't do it because they don't feel as strongly about one specific school and root for many schools equally.

It'll be more or less if someone wants to, they can, but not everybody will. I don't think it would bring "competition" to the site because many people just don't care. We do have an MSU/U of M thing as most sites do, but it's all in good natured fun.

Personally I don't really care for either U of M, MSU, or any other MI school, so I can't say putting an Iowa State flag as my avatar would bring much controversy or competition. I just rep my boys as they go pro (Seneca Wallace, Ellis Hobbs, and nobody else worth naming...wait, were they worth naming in the first place?).

Last edited by conversion02 on September 6th, 2005, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 6th, 2005, 9:11 pm
QB Coach

I don't wish to show which school I support after their performance this weekend.

September 6th, 2005, 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I don't wish to show which school I support after their performance this weekend.

Must be an OU fan.

NEVER GIVE UP!

September 7th, 2005, 10:32 am
RIP Killer

Brian wrote:

Must be an OU fan.

Nope, that would be Michigan. LF4L - ready for the big matchup with Ohio State this weekend? Looks to be a good matchup.

ps - GO GREEN! GO WHITE!

btw - I'll also be pulling for Michigan this weekend, like I do every weekend, except when they play State. Crush ND in da big house.

September 7th, 2005, 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

All of you Michigan homers needs to realize that the best football this weekend will be the Iowa/Iowa State game at Jack Trice. Big 12 > Big 10

Last edited by conversion02 on September 7th, 2005, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 7th, 2005, 3:09 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

September 7th, 2005, 10:52 pm

All of you Michigan homers needs to realize that the best football this weekend will be the Iowa/Iowa State game at Jack Trice. Big 12 > Big 10

Iowa State plays football?? Never knew they played football. I guess they always have, but nobody has ever noticed them :wink: !!

September 7th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Profile YIM
QB Coach

No, actually I root for another school besides Michigan in football.

And I was pissed off at them this weekend.

September 8th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Profile WWW

No, actually I root for another school besides Michigan in football.

And I was pissed off at them this weekend.

who?? Auburn?? Oklahoma?? Please tell me you don't route for either of these teams!! I despise both teams!! Boise State??!!

September 8th, 2005, 9:56 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]