View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 11:17 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Tigers Season Opener 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9373
Location: Dallas
Post Tigers Season Opener
Verlander with a 2-hit shutout thru 8 (7 KO's), Valverde gave up 2 runs in the 9th to allow Boston to tie it up 2-2.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


April 5th, 2012, 4:03 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: October 30th, 2004, 12:30 pm
Posts: 2205
Location: Austin, TX
Post Re: Tigers Season Opener
I'm watching the gamecast on ESPN.. I can't believe it's been since 2010 since Valverde blew a save.

_________________
Image

NEVER GIVE UP!


April 5th, 2012, 4:10 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9373
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Tigers Season Opener
Detroit gets in a run in the 9th to take it 3-2.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


April 5th, 2012, 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Joined: September 5th, 2006, 12:30 pm
Posts: 726
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Post Re: Tigers Season Opener
Verlander picks up right where he left off from last year, dominating the game. Too bad Valverde blew the save on such a great effort. Odd baseball stat when you blow a save but get a win, maybe they should have a team win category instead.

_________________
"When you eat crow, if you put barbecue on it, it's not so bad."-Brady Hoke


April 5th, 2012, 4:35 pm
Profile
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3530
Location: WSU
Post Re: Tigers Season Opener
cabrera amazing in the field...almost missed the easiest pop up ever than on only fair ball hit to him gets an error


April 5th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7236
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Tigers Season Opener
grgrundge wrote:
Verlander picks up right where he left off from last year, dominating the game. Too bad Valverde blew the save on such a great effort. Odd baseball stat when you blow a save but get a win, maybe they should have a team win category instead.


I am stunned that Dumbrowski did not get him locked down for the next decade in the off season. After he wins 30 games this year, it's gonna cost 3-4 hundred Million to lock him down for a decade after this season.


April 8th, 2012, 9:01 am
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7236
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Tigers Season Opener
The Legend wrote:
cabrera amazing in the field...almost missed the easiest pop up ever than on only fair ball hit to him gets an error


And in Game 2 he came up with the defensive play of the game by stealing a double from the Red Sox. It was a scorcher that showed he does have the quick twitch reaction needed for the position of 3rd base.


April 8th, 2012, 9:03 am
Profile
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3530
Location: WSU
Post Re: Tigers Season Opener
Quote:
And in Game 2 he came up with the defensive play of the game by stealing a double from the Red Sox. It was a scorcher that showed he does have the quick twitch reaction needed for the position of 3rd base


are u talking about his field the ball upright then fall to the ground play? puuuuhhhhhlllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeeee, thats a joke that people are trying to pass that off as a great play, he made a routine play look difficult but made up for it with good hand eye coordination


April 9th, 2012, 4:37 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 767
Post Re: Tigers Season Opener
The Legend wrote:
Quote:
And in Game 2 he came up with the defensive play of the game by stealing a double from the Red Sox. It was a scorcher that showed he does have the quick twitch reaction needed for the position of 3rd base


are u talking about his field the ball upright then fall to the ground play? puuuuhhhhhlllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeeee, thats a joke that people are trying to pass that off as a great play, he made a routine play look difficult but made up for it with good hand eye coordination


Whatever, they won the game. If he has a play that cost them a game let me know, then I'll point out three times as many he won or extended for them.

I'd rather have him at 3rd where he might miss a few play defensively than Inge's bat. If you have a different idea that makes the team better as a whole let's hear it.


April 9th, 2012, 5:42 pm
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7236
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Tigers Season Opener
aManNamedSuh wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Quote:
And in Game 2 he came up with the defensive play of the game by stealing a double from the Red Sox. It was a scorcher that showed he does have the quick twitch reaction needed for the position of 3rd base


are u talking about his field the ball upright then fall to the ground play? puuuuhhhhhlllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeeee, thats a joke that people are trying to pass that off as a great play, he made a routine play look difficult but made up for it with good hand eye coordination


Whatever, they won the game. If he has a play that cost them a game let me know, then I'll point out three times as many he won or extended for them.

I'd rather have him at 3rd where he might miss a few play defensively than Inge's bat. If you have a different idea that makes the team better as a whole let's hear it.


The doom and gloom hasn't happened that they predicted for Cabrera at 3rd. So, they are just sticking to their prediction actually hoping it happens so they can say that they told us so.


April 10th, 2012, 3:00 pm
Profile
Post Re: Tigers Season Opener
Billy, I think I told you that it would work out great, at first. Like I said, wait until the end of July, or wait until he takes another one to the eye... I think it's hilarious that FOUR GAMES into this thing that you guys think that there's a large enough sample size to say that it was a great move. Who's holding onto their prediction hoping it works? I think we're just adequately awaiting the results.


April 10th, 2012, 4:57 pm
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 767
Post Re: Tigers Season Opener
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Billy, I think I told you that it would work out great, at first. Like I said, wait until the end of July, or wait until he takes another one to the eye... I think it's hilarious that FOUR GAMES into this thing that you guys think that there's a large enough sample size to say that it was a great move. Who's holding onto their prediction hoping it works? I think we're just adequately awaiting the results.


I think the opposite happened, 4 games in and the only chirp was the guy saying it wasn't working out.


April 10th, 2012, 8:07 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3305
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Tigers Season Opener
aManNamedSuh wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Billy, I think I told you that it would work out great, at first. Like I said, wait until the end of July, or wait until he takes another one to the eye... I think it's hilarious that FOUR GAMES into this thing that you guys think that there's a large enough sample size to say that it was a great move. Who's holding onto their prediction hoping it works? I think we're just adequately awaiting the results.


I think the opposite happened, 4 games in and the only chirp was the guy saying it wasn't working out.


Agree.

And for Gods sake, were 4-0. Who cares. When I turn the Tigers on, im watching the team, not one particular player (except Verlander today).

For some fans, things just are never good enough. :roll:

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


April 11th, 2012, 7:50 am
Profile
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3530
Location: WSU
Post Re: Tigers Season Opener
hah - i said it didnt work out? where the f did i say that? billy was on here gloating about a spectacular play that wasnt. sorry to burst the bubble but cabrera's not a great fielder, it doesnt really matter the position he plays he ll always be below avg defensively. cabrera and prince fielder could just as easily spend some time at DH and have the same hitting effect but soften the blow defensively.


April 11th, 2012, 2:12 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 767
Post Re: Tigers Season Opener
The Legend wrote:
hah - i said it didnt work out? where the f did i say that? billy was on here gloating about a spectacular play that wasnt. sorry to burst the bubble but cabrera's not a great fielder, it doesnt really matter the position he plays he ll always be below avg defensively. cabrera and prince fielder could just as easily spend some time at DH and have the same hitting effect but soften the blow defensively.


Who would then play 3rd is the question.

A side note, I just read that V-Mart could be back THIS year albeit late this year.


April 11th, 2012, 2:42 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.