View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 11:17 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Tigers Season Opener 
RIP Killer

Post Tigers Season Opener
Verlander with a 2-hit shutout thru 8 (7 KO's), Valverde gave up 2 runs in the 9th to allow Boston to tie it up 2-2.

April 5th, 2012, 4:03 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Tigers Season Opener
I'm watching the gamecast on ESPN.. I can't believe it's been since 2010 since Valverde blew a save.

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 5th, 2012, 4:10 pm
RIP Killer

Detroit gets in a run in the 9th to take it 3-2.

April 5th, 2012, 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Verlander picks up right where he left off from last year, dominating the game. Too bad Valverde blew the save on such a great effort. Odd baseball stat when you blow a save but get a win, maybe they should have a team win category instead.

April 5th, 2012, 4:35 pm
League MVP

cabrera amazing in the field...almost missed the easiest pop up ever than on only fair ball hit to him gets an error

April 5th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Veteran General Manager

grgrundge wrote:
Verlander picks up right where he left off from last year, dominating the game. Too bad Valverde blew the save on such a great effort. Odd baseball stat when you blow a save but get a win, maybe they should have a team win category instead.

I am stunned that Dumbrowski did not get him locked down for the next decade in the off season. After he wins 30 games this year, it's gonna cost 3-4 hundred Million to lock him down for a decade after this season.

April 8th, 2012, 9:01 am
Veteran General Manager

The Legend wrote:
cabrera amazing in the field...almost missed the easiest pop up ever than on only fair ball hit to him gets an error

And in Game 2 he came up with the defensive play of the game by stealing a double from the Red Sox. It was a scorcher that showed he does have the quick twitch reaction needed for the position of 3rd base.

April 8th, 2012, 9:03 am
League MVP

Quote:
And in Game 2 he came up with the defensive play of the game by stealing a double from the Red Sox. It was a scorcher that showed he does have the quick twitch reaction needed for the position of 3rd base

are u talking about his field the ball upright then fall to the ground play? puuuuhhhhhlllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeeee, thats a joke that people are trying to pass that off as a great play, he made a routine play look difficult but made up for it with good hand eye coordination

April 9th, 2012, 4:37 pm
Heisman Winner

The Legend wrote:
Quote:
And in Game 2 he came up with the defensive play of the game by stealing a double from the Red Sox. It was a scorcher that showed he does have the quick twitch reaction needed for the position of 3rd base

are u talking about his field the ball upright then fall to the ground play? puuuuhhhhhlllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeeee, thats a joke that people are trying to pass that off as a great play, he made a routine play look difficult but made up for it with good hand eye coordination

Whatever, they won the game. If he has a play that cost them a game let me know, then I'll point out three times as many he won or extended for them.

I'd rather have him at 3rd where he might miss a few play defensively than Inge's bat. If you have a different idea that makes the team better as a whole let's hear it.

April 9th, 2012, 5:42 pm
Veteran General Manager

aManNamedSuh wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Quote:

Whatever, they won the game. If he has a play that cost them a game let me know, then I'll point out three times as many he won or extended for them.

I'd rather have him at 3rd where he might miss a few play defensively than Inge's bat. If you have a different idea that makes the team better as a whole let's hear it.

The doom and gloom hasn't happened that they predicted for Cabrera at 3rd. So, they are just sticking to their prediction actually hoping it happens so they can say that they told us so.

April 10th, 2012, 3:00 pm
Billy, I think I told you that it would work out great, at first. Like I said, wait until the end of July, or wait until he takes another one to the eye... I think it's hilarious that FOUR GAMES into this thing that you guys think that there's a large enough sample size to say that it was a great move. Who's holding onto their prediction hoping it works? I think we're just adequately awaiting the results.

April 10th, 2012, 4:57 pm
Heisman Winner

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Billy, I think I told you that it would work out great, at first. Like I said, wait until the end of July, or wait until he takes another one to the eye... I think it's hilarious that FOUR GAMES into this thing that you guys think that there's a large enough sample size to say that it was a great move. Who's holding onto their prediction hoping it works? I think we're just adequately awaiting the results.

I think the opposite happened, 4 games in and the only chirp was the guy saying it wasn't working out.

April 10th, 2012, 8:07 pm
Team MVP

aManNamedSuh wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I think the opposite happened, 4 games in and the only chirp was the guy saying it wasn't working out.

Agree.

And for Gods sake, were 4-0. Who cares. When I turn the Tigers on, im watching the team, not one particular player (except Verlander today).

For some fans, things just are never good enough. :roll:

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 11th, 2012, 7:50 am
League MVP

hah - i said it didnt work out? where the f did i say that? billy was on here gloating about a spectacular play that wasnt. sorry to burst the bubble but cabrera's not a great fielder, it doesnt really matter the position he plays he ll always be below avg defensively. cabrera and prince fielder could just as easily spend some time at DH and have the same hitting effect but soften the blow defensively.

April 11th, 2012, 2:12 pm
Heisman Winner

The Legend wrote:
hah - i said it didnt work out? where the f did i say that? billy was on here gloating about a spectacular play that wasnt. sorry to burst the bubble but cabrera's not a great fielder, it doesnt really matter the position he plays he ll always be below avg defensively. cabrera and prince fielder could just as easily spend some time at DH and have the same hitting effect but soften the blow defensively.

Who would then play 3rd is the question.

A side note, I just read that V-Mart could be back THIS year albeit late this year.

April 11th, 2012, 2:42 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next