View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 6:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Re: Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy
While I've also liked Peter Schiff and hope that he becomes Treasury Secretary or something, Ron Paul has ZERO chance of winning the nomination, so why dwell on it? It's a waste of time. It's probably gonna be the Massachusetts Moderate (i.e. liberal), but Newt still has a chance and I continue to support him.

My question for the supporters of that slimeball Romney is what conservative actions has he ever taken while in elected office? He claims to have reduced taxes 18 times, but he raised them or added fees more times than that. He claims to have balanced the budget, but he simply kicked the can down the road. I know that he had a libtard legislature to deal with, but RomneyCare, cap and trade, liberal activist judge appointments, gun control, pro abortion, gay marriage, amnesty for illegals, and assorted other things he supported is just too much. I know he's currently talking a good conservative message, but do you trust him? I don't. He comes across as an opportunist politician who will pander to whatever crowd is before him in order to become President. Is that what you want?

The "elites" like to say that Newt puts his foot in his mouth, but has anybody noticed what Mitt has said recently? "I like to fire people" and "I'm not concerned about the very poor" should go over real well for Romney. The libtard lamestream media will have a field day with those statements once he's running against their savior, Obama.

And if anyone is so clueless, naive, or dense to believe that Mormonism won't come into the discussion with the lamestream media, you are dead wrong. Reverend Wright's anti-American, anti-white speech was swept under the rug to save Obama, but the Mormon pologamy, racism, and "magic underwear" will be front page stories if Romney is the nominee. Trust me. Only a brain dead zombie couldn't see it coming from a mile a way.

February 2nd, 2012, 3:34 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

magic underwear??? :shock:

I want a pair... :wink:

February 2nd, 2012, 12:22 pm
QB Coach

regularjoe12 wrote:
magic underwear??? :shock:

I want a pair... :wink:

The thing that's completely ridiculous to me is that the religion of a particular candidate is even an issue. I mean, seriously is believing in magic underpants really any crazier than believing a piece of bread and some wine can be turned into flesh and blood? Or that the racist history of some mormons is really worse than the history of some christians using bible verses to express their opposition to desegregation in the 1950's and 60's? Every religion has beliefs, and nobody should be belittling or demeaning those beliefs. Having been raised catholic, I know for a fact that the christian teachings say that no man should judge another man, so if you claim to be a christian yet belittle another person's beliefs, you are a hypocrite. You are free to believe that they are incorrect, and that would be consistent with your christian doctrine, but belittling or demeaning those beliefs would be a sin.

Likewise, every religion has a history of violence, racism, etc. Just as society in general has engaged in those types of activities at various times as well. Christianity is no exception.

Regardless, my point is that the religion of one candidate or another really shouldn't be an issue. Their abilities to effectively govern and lead this country should be the issue, not their personal faith and relationship with their god.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

February 2nd, 2012, 2:12 pm

Well said TD J.

If someone has a moment...can someone PM me about these magic skivies. I have NO idea what thats all about.

The only thing I can honestly say I know about the general Mormon is that I wish more general practicing Christians acted like em. The few that I have run across have been very well manored, respectful, and rediculously strong family values. If tahts a bad thing, then I dont wanna know whats good.

February 2nd, 2012, 2:55 pm
Perhaps its the relative youth of the Mormon movement, but much like Scientology I can't respect Mormonism or the people that believe in it. I'm sorry, but I do find it less than credible that someone walked into the woods, found some "magic seeing stones" that "only he could see through," and "read a tablet" one day that he couldn't "read the same way the next day," because "God told him to dictate it differently the 2nd day" 150 years ago.

Christianity, Lutherans, Muslims, Jews, etc. all believe relatively the same thing, and its the same story that has been told for 2000 years.

February 2nd, 2012, 3:24 pm
I posted this as a response to Sly in the joke of the day thread, but I'll post it here again:

I feel sorry for the people that actually believe that Barak Obama doesn't want to run against Mitt, and would prefer to run against Newt. That is the biggest rouse in recent politics.

To actually believe that, on this logic that Romney has a better chance of beating Barak Obama than Newt, and to actually believe that the POTUS and the Liberal Media is actually trying to keep Romney down and help Newt is UTTERLY RIDICULOUS. I don't know how anyone can believe that garbage.

February 2nd, 2012, 3:26 pm
QB Coach

"Christianity, Lutherans, Muslims, Jews, etc. all believe relatively the same thing, and its the same story that has been told for 2000 years."

These are told roughly the same way, because they stem from the same father. Abraham fathered Ishmeal who had sons that later became many of the muslim tribes today. Abraham also fathered Isaac, who fathered many tribes that eventually became the Jewish faith. Christianity, and all of it's separate factions off shoot that.

Mormonism and Jehovah's Witnesses are cults, with one being founded in New Jersey around 1913 I think it was (JW) and the other being founded in the late 1800's. Both are trying to sell themselves as being "Christian" but there beliefs are far from it, for anyone truly wishing to see the truth.

Y'all better buckle up, because we're almost assured 4 more years of this tyrant!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

February 2nd, 2012, 3:58 pm
QB Coach

Oh, and I just saw this posted on a page and thought it was interesting enough to share. Hope it's not a thread jack.

Direct quote from Joelle Fishman, chairman of the Communist Party of the USA, who endorsed and campaigned for Barack Obama in 2008:"Should the 2008 elections go to the Democratic Party, as the Communist Party of the USA is working to accomplish, the direction of the nation ...will change dramatically. The direction will not be toward individual freedom, free enterprise, private property rights and the pursuit of personal happiness. The direction will be toward the values of Communism, which holds the state as the grantor of all rights, including socialized medicine through universal health care, amnesty for all illegal aliens who want to come to America, cradle-to-grave education by the state; surrender in Iraq; and acquiesence to all threats of violence; no right to own guns; and a state-assigned job for everyone." She also made it very plain that the CPUSA was a part of the Obama Unity for Change movement. This is just one of the influences. In the book "The Manchurian President" by Aaron Klein and Brenda J. Elliott (which I highly recommend if you have any doubts whatsoever about the direction Obama is taking this nation), they expose the background and extremist leanings of Bill Ayers, Jeff Jones and Mark Rudd (former members of the Weather Underground), Van Jones, Valerie Jarret, David Axelrod, Carol Browner, Cass Sunstein, John Holdren, Rosa Brooks and more. And it is all substantiated by their own words and writings. Check it out for yourself.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

February 2nd, 2012, 4:02 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Quote:
what conservative actions has he ever taken while in elected office? He claims to have reduced taxes 18 times, but he raised them or added fees more times than that. He claims to have balanced the budget, but he simply kicked the can down the road. I know that he had a libtard legislature to deal with, but RomneyCare, cap and trade, liberal activist judge appointments, gun control, pro abortion, gay marriage, amnesty for illegals, and assorted other things he supported is just too much. I know he's currently talking a good conservative message, but do you trust him? I don't. He comes across as an opportunist politician who will pander to whatever crowd is before him in order to become President. Is that what you want?

My sentiments exactly. Too bad this block of text pretty much fits Newt as well.

While I dislike Mormonism, I don't think that it will be an issue. The only people who would be bothered by it (conservative protestants) wouldn't be voting for Obama anyway.

February 3rd, 2012, 12:49 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Blueskies, the main point of my post was while in elected office. Newt clearly embraced conservatism while in elected office by reforming welfare, reducing taxes, balancing the budget, and reducing regulations. Mitt clearly did not do this while he was Governor. Mitt talks the talk, but Newt walks the walk.

Regilarjoe12 wrote:
If someone has a moment...can someone PM me about these magic skivies. I have NO idea what thats all about.

Instead of PMing you, I'll just post it. Magic underwear is the comical/derogatory term used for the Temple Garments that strict Mormons wear underneath their clothes. They look like long johns and are supposed to protect them from evil. I don't think it's a big deal, but do you really expect Rachael MadCow or Chris "Tingles" Matthews to keep quiet about them?

As for the religion of any candidate, I really don't care for the most part. I don't have a problem with Mormons, but I do have an issue with Obama's Black Theology Bullshit that he practiced for 20 years. I would have the same concerns with a Scientologist or any Jim Jones type cult too. And the Muzzies. Can't forget about those douchebags that want everyone dead that doesn't believe in their religion. I wouldn't vote for one of them either.

February 3rd, 2012, 2:26 am
3rd Round Selection

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Perhaps its the relative youth of the Mormon movement

Spot on.

If your religion's been invented in the past couple of hundred years, by someone writing a work of fiction (Smith - book of mormon; Hubbard - scientology) then you lose a lot of respect from me. Just have a read of this, for example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeolog ... _of_Mormon and when reading the various "apologists" excuses for the issues, keep in mind that Smith described the Book of Mormon as "the most correct book ever written".

You wouldn't want one of David Koresh's followers to be leader of your country, would you? Scientology and mormonism's "pedigree" isn't much better than Koresh's Branch Davidians to me.

February 3rd, 2012, 6:29 am
Again with the media PERPETUATING the LIE that Newt isn't a viable candidate. They've been saying that he's only in it for the money or to write a book, and they've been saying that he's going to drop out since last June. Again, he has to come out and RE AFFIRM that he's STAYING IN THE RACE. The media said he was going to quit after losing FL, NOT TRUE. The MEDIA has lambasted the guy at every step and told the American people that he's NOT a viable candidate when he very much is. It's ridiculous.

April 11th, 2012, 12:52 pm

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Again with the media PERPETUATING the LIE that Newt isn't a viable candidate. They've been saying that he's only in it for the money or to write a book, and they've been saying that he's going to drop out since last June. Again, he has to come out and RE AFFIRM that he's STAYING IN THE RACE. The media said he was going to quit after losing FL, NOT TRUE. The MEDIA has lambasted the guy at every step and told the American people that he's NOT a viable candidate when he very much is. It's ridiculous.

Now you see what i have been griping about with Ron Paul since before the republican Primaries started. Voting Ron Paul is throwing your vote away...... Is that true? no...but thats what they convinvced the voting public of.

April 11th, 2012, 3:49 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Do you guys think that Romney isn't going to get the conservative vote? I mean clearly conservatives are going to vote for "anyone but Obama" so I don't see that being much of an issue... Romney was the only one that stood any chance of capturing the independent vote and that is what you need to beat Obama... Newt and Santorum stood no chance of capturing that part of the electorate...

April 11th, 2012, 7:03 pm
Murtyle wrote:
Do you guys think that Romney isn't going to get the conservative vote? I mean clearly conservatives are going to vote for "anyone but Obama" so I don't see that being much of an issue... Romney was the only one that stood any chance of capturing the independent vote and that is what you need to beat Obama... Newt and Santorum stood no chance of capturing that part of the electorate...

I disagree that Newt doesn't get a good portion of the independents. Further, I also disagree that Romney will garnish full support among conservatives. Christians aren't going to show up in the same numbers for a Mormon that they would to support Newt, especially with Romney's "moderate" stances on abortion.

The problem with Romney is that for most independents (any left leaning independents) he's virtually no different than Barry O.

Additionally, where Newt would have won over independents (in the debates) Romney will lose them. Obama will beat Romney in most debates, hands down, while Newt would DESTROY Obama.

April 12th, 2012, 8:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next