View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 8:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Joke of the Day 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Joke of the Day
Dogs are forever in the push up position.

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 3rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Obama & Zimmerman

April 11th, 2012, 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/people-y ... -real-life

April 16th, 2012, 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

LF57, those two are not the same color. I did'nt know Zimmerman was white

April 16th, 2012, 7:37 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Killwill25 wrote:

That's the point. They're both 1/2 white. Blacks say Obama is 'Not White' while Zimmerman who is half Hispanic is considered 'White'. Black America can't (or shouldn't) have it both ways.

April 16th, 2012, 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

LionFan57 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

That's the point. They're both 1/2 white. Blacks say Obama is 'Not White' while Zimmerman who is half Hispanic is considered 'White'. Black America can't (or shouldn't) have it both ways.

And you forgot to point out the obvious.....both are criminals.

April 17th, 2012, 1:32 pm
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

Are you saying that because of Ted Nugents comments today re: Obama? Or do you relly see Obama as a criminal?

April 17th, 2012, 8:10 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

LionFan57 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

Are you saying that because of Ted Nugents comments today re: Obama? Or do you relly see Obama as a criminal?

I haven't heard Nugent's comments. I think Obama is a criminal. He is more dangerous to the American way of life and liberty than any Communist that has ever lived. To me, that is high treason. Hang him.

April 18th, 2012, 7:43 am
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

I haven't heard Nugent's comments. I think Obama is a criminal. He is more dangerous to the American way of life and liberty than any Communist that has ever lived. To me, that is high treason. Hang him.

In that sense; Yes, I agree completely!!

But technically neither of these guys are criminals. I thought you were playing off Nugents comments...

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/323193

April 18th, 2012, 8:23 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

LionFan57 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

In that sense; Yes, I agree completely!!

But technically neither of these guys are criminals. I thought you were playing off Nugents comments...

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/323193

Well, I'm going to disagree about Zimmerman. He pursued Trayvon Martin, not the other way around. The police told him to stop following Martin, and he ignored them. As far as I'm concerned, he was in the initial stages of stalking Martin, and as such was involved in a criminal act. If Martin confronted him, then Martin did so as a means of inquiry and possible self defense. There was absolutely NO EXCUSE for Zimmerman to tail Martin, or get close enough to engage him in any way. This was murder, and using the "stand your ground" portion of the Castle Doctrine as a means of defense is ridiculous. If the jury becomes convinced that Zimmerman was involved in a criminal act prior to the altercation, his defense just went right out the window.

Either way, Zimmerman should be in jail.

April 18th, 2012, 11:26 am
Zimmerman had every right to follow Martin, regardless of what the police did or didn't tell him. Zimmerman believed that Martin was part of a rash of burglaries in the neighborhood, and Zimmerman had every right to be on the street, as a free man, following Martin. Zimmerman was not "stalking" Martin in any way, he was following him - big difference.

What happened next is confusing. There are plenty of reports to suggest that Zimmerman caught up with Martin, and that Martin attacked Zimmerman. Whether that's true or not is open for debate, but that's what the reports are, and they're backed with witness testimony.

That said, if Zimmerman was attacked by Martin, does that give him the right to shoot Martin? Again, open for debate. In Michigan it's a "hell no..." You can only meet force with a reasonable amount of force. However, IMO that law is bullsh!t, it basically states that you have to get your rectum kicked if you have a gun on you, and your only means of defending yourself is that gun. It more or less punishes you for not having a bat, and it more or less punishes the RESULTS of your actions, rather than your actions themselves.

There was a guy in Warren that engaged in a consensual bar fight - both parties agreed to "take it outside" and duke it out. One guy punched the other guy ONE TIME, ONE PUNCH, the guy fell on the ground, hit his head, and died. The guy that threw the ONE PUNCH was charged and convicted of manslaughter. I think that's bullsh!t. Further, I think it's bullshit that you have to subject yourself to an rectum kicking while lawfully carrying a concealed weapon.

That said, I think more has to be learned from this ordeal. Was Zimmerman really attacked first? Why wasn't he beat to hell with wounds and whatnot? Where were his injuries, if any? Did he really fear for his life? Allegedly he was on the ground getting stomped on repeatedly... Maybe he really did wonder if Martin was going to kill him... Or, did he take the law into his own hands and kill someone that he believed was a criminal (and there's also evidence to support that Martin did have ill intentions as well, but no one will talk about that now that he's dead)?

At the end of the day, I think he's guilty of manslaughter. 2nd degree murder, no way, manslaughter, probably, but I will admit that I need to hear more and see how this thing plays out before I'm willing to convict the guy.

April 18th, 2012, 11:50 am
RIP Killer

Wow, pretty deep for the joke of the day thread. Can we get back to the funny stuff?

April 18th, 2012, 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
Wow, pretty deep for the joke of the day thread. Can we get back to the funny stuff?

Will do Pablo! I took the discussion here...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15763

Back to Jokes...

Proud Father

The year is 2016 and the United States has just elected the first woman president, who happens to be from Michigan. A few days after the election the president-elect, whose name is Susan, calls her father and says "So dad, I assume you will be coming to my inauguration?"

"I don't think so. It's an 18 hour drive".

"Don't worry about it Dad - I'll send Air Force One and a limousine will pick you up at your door".

"I don't know. Everybody will be so fancy. What would your mother wear?"

"Oh Dad" replies Susan, "I'll make sure she has a wonderful gown custom-made by the best designer in Washington".

"Honey" dad complains, "you know I can't eat those rich foods you eat".

The President-to-be responds, "Don't worry Dad. The best caterer in Washington will handle the entire affair, Ill ensure your meals are salt free. You and mom just have to be there".

So dad reluctantly agrees and on January 20, 2017, Susan is being sworn in as President of the United States. In the front row sits the new president's dad and mom.

Dad noticing the senator sitting next to him leans over and whispers "You see that woman over there with her hand on the Bible, becoming President of the United States".

The Senator whispers back "You bet I do".

Dad says proudly "Her brother played football at The University of Michigan".

April 18th, 2012, 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

April 20th, 2012, 7:01 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

LionFan57 wrote:

CLASSIC!!!!

April 20th, 2012, 9:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next