View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 2nd, 2014, 1:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Hilary Runs Against BHO? 
Post Hilary Runs Against BHO?
I mentioned it in another thread, but think it deserves its own discussion:

What does anyone think the chances are that Hilary would run in against BHO in 2012? She didn't show up for the DNC, and she hasn't seemingly been happy with BHO's performance. And... Look at it this way... If she doesn't run and BHO wins, he gets four more years, and there's no way in hell that another Dem gets elected the following term after he's done destroying the country. Hilary Clinton is 65 right now and already looking haggard. If she waits 8 years she's done, period. There's no way a grandma looking 73 year old 1/2 senile woman is going to win the WH.

However, if she blows it up now, gets him out of office, gives the Reps four years to "do nothing" she's got a shot in 2016. I don't think she'll run, and I think she'd get a lot of flack for running if she did, but looking at it from her standpoint its the only real shot she has of ever getting a legitimate chance at running the WH.

Thoughts...

April 12th, 2012, 9:14 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Hilary Runs Against BHO?
ZERO chance.

April 12th, 2012, 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

It won't happen, just like Paul won't run on the repub side once the nomination is done. As much as both desire to be president, they will NOT be the one that cost their party the election.

April 12th, 2012, 11:50 am
njroar wrote:
It won't happen, just like Paul won't run on the repub side once the nomination is done. As much as both desire to be president, they will NOT be the one that cost their party the election.

Unfortunately, I think RP will run, and HC will not...

April 12th, 2012, 11:51 am
Hall of Fame Player

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I mentioned it in another thread, but think it deserves its own discussion:

What does anyone think the chances are that Hilary would run in against BHO in 2012? She didn't show up for the DNC, and she hasn't seemingly been happy with BHO's performance. And... Look at it this way... If she doesn't run and BHO wins, he gets four more years, and there's no way in hell that another Dem gets elected the following term after he's done destroying the country. Hilary Clinton is 65 right now and already looking haggard. If she waits 8 years she's done, period. There's no way a grandma looking 73 year old 1/2 senile woman is going to win the WH.

However, if she blows it up now, gets him out of office, gives the Reps four years to "do nothing" she's got a shot in 2016. I don't think she'll run, and I think she'd get a lot of flack for running if she did, but looking at it from her standpoint its the only real shot she has of ever getting a legitimate chance at running the WH.

Thoughts...

She's not allowed to attend the Democratic Convention. As Secretary of State she's not supposed to show any political bias. (Which I think is stupid because she's appointed by a Democrat - but regardless she can't attend - neither can Supreme Court Justices).

Having said that, I think it's more likely that Biden steps aside and she runs as VP. Then (assuming they win) she's poised for a run as president in 2016. (If we still have any semblance of a country by then).

Further, I don't think Ron Paul will run. I think he's positioning his son, Rand Paul, in some form of significant role.

April 12th, 2012, 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]