View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 9:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Stephen Hill G-Tech a Lion. 
Walk On

Post Stephen Hill G-Tech a Lion.
Would anyone be mad, if Detroit went out and shocked the world by drafting Stephen Hill #23. I know WR isn't a need, but nor was DT when we took Fairley. Imagine, lining him up with Megatron on the otherside with our second year WR in the slot, Pettigrew @ TE. 3 6'5 threats on the field and 3 WR's running in the 4.3 to 4.4 range do you know what kind of match up problems this would cause and make Matt Stafford a yards beast. Dumping Nate Burelson or trading him during the draft.

April 11th, 2012, 5:40 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Stephen Hill G-Tech a Lion.
Mufasa wrote:
Would anyone be mad

I think a lot of people would be mad.

April 11th, 2012, 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

In Mayhew I trust. I can't say I'd like it, but so far the guy has a good eye for tallent and anything that can make the team better for a longer period is good IMO. so long as he doesn't nerglect areas that are getting desperate for help (cough cough SECONDARY cough cough)

April 11th, 2012, 5:56 pm
Team MVP

Pablo wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
Would anyone be mad

I would be one of them.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 11th, 2012, 9:28 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
Would anyone be mad

I would be one of them.

So would I.

I'm even upset that this thread isn't in the draft section. :|

April 11th, 2012, 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

It wouldn't happen at 23 as there is probably no way that Stephen Hill would be the BPA at that spot. If he were available at 54, then maybe.

April 13th, 2012, 11:09 am
Wayne Fontes wrote:
It wouldn't happen at 23 as there is probably no way that Stephen Hill would be the BPA at that spot. If he were available at 54, then maybe.

I wouldn't hate it. WRs generally get drafted earlier than their "projection." Hill has already been working out with CJ, which shows me maturity and work ethic, two things essential for a good football player. If we did select him I'd like to see us get something for, and dump Nate, but I could see the FO keeping Nate for another year while this kid gets some experience. I really like Hill, a LOT.

Everyone else would cry, but if we went WR, OL first and second round I would be happy.

April 13th, 2012, 11:16 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

I don't know why there is this "get rid of Nate" campaign going on. He had a career high in receptions this year. He also appears to be the vocal leader on that offense and the team as a whole. I'd much rather keep him around for another year or two, and address WR in the back end of the draft or next year even. You could then slide TY into a "#2 role" with the new blood from a deep WR class as the #3/slot guy when Nate is gone.

April 13th, 2012, 11:22 am
Wayne Fontes wrote:
I don't know why there is this "get rid of Nate" campaign going on. He had a career high in receptions this year. He also appears to be the vocal leader on that offense and the team as a whole. I'd much rather keep him around for another year or two, and address WR in the back end of the draft or next year even. You could then slide TY into a "#2 role" with the new blood from a deep WR class as the #3/slot guy when Nate is gone.

Nate is garbage. He doesn't get any separation, and he drops too many balls. He doesn't take heat off of CJ like he's supposed to, and he's a big reason why our offense sputters at times.

April 13th, 2012, 11:26 am
Hall of Fame Player

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:

Nate is garbage. He doesn't get any separation, and he drops too many balls. He doesn't take heat off of CJ like he's supposed to, and he's a big reason why our offense sputters at times.

I'm sorry, I disagree with that entirely.

Our offense sputters because of our OL!! Because of the OL we have no running game and our QB doesn't get nearly as much time as he should. You can't lay the blame of a sputtering offense at the feet of Burleson alone. That's crazy!

I agree w/ Wayne Fontes. Burleson is nowhere near as bad as some people say and his locker room presence is a valued commodity! We have much bigger issues to deal with early in the draft before we go for a WR. Including a RB that just might help our sputtering, 5000+ yard offense.

April 13th, 2012, 11:46 am
Profile WWW
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:

Thats why we got Titus, who had a pretty good rookie year in my opinion. Should only be better this year.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 13th, 2012, 11:47 am
Walk On

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:

I saw this man get flagged 3 times in the N.O. game for offensive pass interference. Now I know some of those calls were within question in the N.O. game, but 3 times. That's unheard of, 1 in a game is rare and he cost us a big play with one of those calls. So separation is a glaring issue for him and that means he's no threat and takes absolute no pressure off C.J.

April 13th, 2012, 1:47 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

wait...you are talking about the game where the refs callled over 15 penalties on the Lions...and like 3 on the head hunters?

tell me you dont REALLY think the refs were being fair and unbiased in that game?

even the commentators were talking about the rediculous calls and non calls in that game. Chris Collinsowrth was flat out upset at least twice in that game about the refs.

3 offensive P.I. calls on the same guy on pretty close to the same drive. Thats not bad play...thats bad calls by the ref.

April 13th, 2012, 2:41 pm
RIP Killer

Mufasa wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:

I saw this man get flagged 3 times in the N.O. game for offensive pass interference. Now I know some of those calls were within question in the N.O. game, but 3 times. That's unheard of, 1 in a game is rare and he cost us a big play with one of those calls. So separation is a glaring issue for him and that means he's no threat and takes absolute no pressure off C.J.

First off, Nate isn't the reason our offense sputters at times. Yes, he has his shortcomings, and I wouldn't mind finding an upgrade, particularly given Nate's salary. It's too high. But there are certainly worse second receivers in the NFL. If the Lions were to want to upgrade, I'd be all for it. But NOT in the first round. That would just flat out piss me off.

And bringing up the Saints game as an example is just a poor, poor choice. His getting flagged was a mockery of the referees, not Nate. Not one of those calls, NOT ONE, was worthy of the flag being thrown. Saints receivers were doing the same, and worse, and not getting calls. Our defensive line was getting flagged for personal fouls, but in the meantime the referee just sat there and watched Carl Nicks throw Ndamukong Suh down by his helmet...yes, his FREAKIN' HELMET!! No call.

Of all the examples that might be possible to prove your point, that certainly is not one that will earn you support here.

April 13th, 2012, 3:13 pm
Walk On

regularjoe12 wrote:
wait...you are talking about the game where the refs callled over 15 penalties on the Lions...and like 3 on the head hunters?

tell me you dont REALLY think the refs were being fair and unbiased in that game?

even the commentators were talking about the rediculous calls and non calls in that game. Chris Collinsowrth was flat out upset at least twice in that game about the refs.

3 offensive P.I. calls on the same guy on pretty close to the same drive. Thats not bad play...thats bad calls by the ref.

What part of I quote "Some calls were within questioned" did u miss before u get your panties in a bunch. Second, those P.I.'s didn't happen within the same drive. Third, 1 offensive P.I. is too much and I'm sure he had 1 legit call out of 3 even if the Ref's were pretty bad that game. An I've seen him get those calls in past games.

April 13th, 2012, 3:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next