View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 2:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Lions Developmental QB 

Who would u like to see Lions take a shot at 4 Rd or later?
Poll ended at May 13th, 2012, 1:23 pm
Kellen Moore 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Case Keenum 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Nick Foles 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Russell Wilson 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Jordan Jefferson 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

Lions Developmental QB 
Walk On

Post Lions Developmental QB
If you have any suggestions that I missed feel free to add him.

April 13th, 2012, 1:23 pm
Team MVP

Post Re: Lions Developmental QB
I like Russel Wilson myself.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 13th, 2012, 1:26 pm
RIP Killer

I wouldn't draft one, just get an UFA.

April 13th, 2012, 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Pablo wrote:
I wouldn't draft one, just get an UFA.

April 13th, 2012, 2:19 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

I think Nick Foles fits the Lions best. But I agree with Pablo. I'd just sign a few UDFA QBs and pick the best one.

April 13th, 2012, 3:15 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I chose Case Keenum.. but yeah.. wouldn't bother me one bit to grab an UDFA.. perhaps one or more of these guys will be one.

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 13th, 2012, 4:45 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

do you guys think we'll go into the season with 3 qb's?

April 13th, 2012, 5:00 pm
RIP Killer

Now that Stafford has stayed healthy for a season AND we have a very capable and proven backup in Hill I'm all for having a QB on the practice squad.

Honestly, by the time you are down to your 3rd QB you are pretty much toast - why waste a roster spot on that?

April 13th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Pablo wrote:
Now that Stafford has stayed healthy for a season AND we have a very capable and proven backup in Hill I'm all for having a QB on the practice squad.

Honestly, by the time you are down to your 3rd QB you are pretty much toast - why waste a roster spot on that?

my thinking exactly

April 13th, 2012, 5:37 pm
League MVP

I think if there is a decent QB available in rd 5 or later the Lions should bite. Stafford and Hill have both had NFL injury issues and we just saw a 3rd string rookie in Houston win a playoff game this year. The Bears completely blew there season bc they didnt have an option after Cutler. Finally if they grab a decent developmental guy and he progresses then by next season they could trade Shaun Hill maybe add a player or a pick and save some cap space. I hate Jordon Jefferson but some of the others are intriguing. I dont think Nick Foles will be there in the 5th round but you never know, Russel Wilson is also an exciting player but a guy I really like as far as command and knowing what to do with the ball is Dan Persa - he may not have great arm strength so they would have to evaluate how good or bad he is in that department but if they rate that as adequate he would be a good and cheap option as a developmental backup. If he s there in the 6th or 7th I vote for him.

April 13th, 2012, 8:10 pm
Heisman Winner

The Legend wrote:
I think if there is a decent QB available in rd 5 or later the Lions should bite. Stafford and Hill have both had NFL injury issues and we just saw a 3rd string rookie in Houston win a playoff game this year. The Bears completely blew there season bc they didnt have an option after Cutler. Finally if they grab a decent developmental guy and he progresses then by next season they could trade Shaun Hill maybe add a player or a pick and save some cap space. I hate Jordon Jefferson but some of the others are intriguing. I dont think Nick Foles will be there in the 5th round but you never know, Russel Wilson is also an exciting player but a guy I really like as far as command and knowing what to do with the ball is Dan Persa - he may not have great arm strength so they would have to evaluate how good or bad he is in that department but if they rate that as adequate he would be a good and cheap option as a developmental backup. If he s there in the 6th or 7th I vote for him.

I'm ok with drafting a qb, but rd 5 is too early for me. I'd rather that rd 5 pick go to a developmental or backup player at a line spot or cb or something. The QB picked this year will not play at all. For that kind of thing I think rd 6 or 7 is appropriate. A developmental OC or OG would have more value in my book at that spot.

April 13th, 2012, 9:47 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
I like Russel Wilson myself.

I heard that Wilson will only survive in the NFL in a traditional Wet Toast Offense.

April 14th, 2012, 11:48 am
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:

Didn't we have a 4th QB on the Practice Squad last season?

April 14th, 2012, 11:51 am
We simply need too much at other areas to draft a QB, IMO. If we had our KR/PR guy and if we had solid #4 and 5 WRs, and if we had solid CB/FS/SS projects on the roster I'd be ok with drafting a Qb, but the bottom line is I would rather draft a KR/PR guy (Ron Brooks, or Travis Benjamin) and guys to compete for the #4,5 WR spots (Tres Martin, Cunningham, and Hemmingway) over any Qb that's going to be there after round 5, and get a couple of guys that can actually help the team this year.

April 14th, 2012, 4:58 pm
RIP Killer

First off, I completely understand that Stafford stayed healthy last season. But let's not call him the Iron Man of Football just yet. Hill and Stafford have had some injury issues, so I can't see the Lions simply go into the season with just two QBs on the roster. There will be a third guy there.

As for drafting a QB, I wouldn't mind using a late (5th or 7th) pick, if they get a QB who has some decent talent that falls for whatever reason. If someone like a Nick Foles, or Kirk Cousins is there, I'd take him. These are guys that they can develop, show them off, and hopefully be able to trade them to a team needing a starter. Use a fifth rounder today, get a second rounder later on. It's worth it. Besides, since our offense is now based on having a QB with a big arm, it would be nice to have a backup that fits that description as well. Hill isn't exactly that guy.

April 14th, 2012, 8:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next