View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 8:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Lions Developmental QB 

Who would u like to see Lions take a shot at 4 Rd or later?
Poll ended at May 13th, 2012, 1:23 pm
Kellen Moore 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Case Keenum 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Nick Foles 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Russell Wilson 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Jordan Jefferson 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

Lions Developmental QB 
League MVP

Post Re: Lions Developmental QB
i wouldnt say that cousins has a big arm. he s also a miserable qb under pressure and makes terrible decisions on the move. i think he ll be picked but i dont see him ever being a sustained nfl starter

April 15th, 2012, 10:26 am
Hall of Fame Player

The Legend wrote:
i wouldnt say that cousins has a big arm. he s also a miserable qb under pressure and makes terrible decisions on the move. i think he ll be picked but i dont see him ever being a sustained nfl starter

Jim Miller, yes, that Jim Miller, is pretty high on Cousins. I trust his judgment of QB's because he wasn't quite so high on Drew Stanton. So, that just shows that he isn't judging them based on MSU homerism.

Anyway, Jim Miller is of the oppinion that with a year or two being an understudy, Cousins can become an above average Starting QB in the NFL.

April 15th, 2012, 1:28 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I don't know about developmental prospects but when Ryan Leaf gets out of jail, he's gonna have a real chip on his shoulder

April 16th, 2012, 3:06 am
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
First off, I completely understand that Stafford stayed healthy last season. But let's not call him the Iron Man of Football just yet. Hill and Stafford have had some injury issues, so I can't see the Lions simply go into the season with just two QBs on the roster. There will be a third guy there.

As for drafting a QB, I wouldn't mind using a late (5th or 7th) pick, if they get a QB who has some decent talent that falls for whatever reason. If someone like a Nick Foles, or Kirk Cousins is there, I'd take him. These are guys that they can develop, show them off, and hopefully be able to trade them to a team needing a starter. Use a fifth rounder today, get a second rounder later on. It's worth it. Besides, since our offense is now based on having a QB with a big arm, it would be nice to have a backup that fits that description as well. Hill isn't exactly that guy.

JaMarcus has a big arm!

April 16th, 2012, 10:17 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
First off, I completely understand that Stafford stayed healthy last season. But let's not call him the Iron Man of Football just yet. Hill and Stafford have had some injury issues, so I can't see the Lions simply go into the season with just two QBs on the roster. There will be a third guy there.

As for drafting a QB, I wouldn't mind using a late (5th or 7th) pick, if they get a QB who has some decent talent that falls for whatever reason. If someone like a Nick Foles, or Kirk Cousins is there, I'd take him. These are guys that they can develop, show them off, and hopefully be able to trade them to a team needing a starter. Use a fifth rounder today, get a second rounder later on. It's worth it. Besides, since our offense is now based on having a QB with a big arm, it would be nice to have a backup that fits that description as well. Hill isn't exactly that guy.

JaMarcus has a big arm!

To go along with his big belly and big appetite for "Purple Drank Destruction".

April 16th, 2012, 1:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2