View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 2nd, 2014, 1:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Thoughts on Santorum 
3rd Round Selection

Post Re: Thoughts on Santorum
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I hope Newt ends up with Santorum's delegates and stays in it until the end. That said, HIS CAMP is suggesting a temporary hiatus, while the MEDIA is suggesting that he's dropping out... There seems to be a bit of a disconnect somewhere, but he isn't denouncing the "dropping out," so maybe it's true?

I assume you mean Santorum's camp? If so "I'm suspending my campaign" appears to have become the language of choice for candidates who are dropping out of the race. I'm pretty sure this was the phrase used by Bachman, Cain and Perry when they each dropped out - and it meant they were out, not that things were suspended, so the media's take on this is correct.

I have no idea why candidates have decided to start using this phrase. Do they think it sounds less like they have lost/withdrawn/pulled out etc? Seems like typical politician dissembling to me.

April 11th, 2012, 7:29 am
Player of the Year - Defense

UK Lion wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I hope Newt ends up with Santorum's delegates and stays in it until the end. That said, HIS CAMP is suggesting a temporary hiatus, while the MEDIA is suggesting that he's dropping out... There seems to be a bit of a disconnect somewhere, but he isn't denouncing the "dropping out," so maybe it's true?

I assume you mean Santorum's camp? If so "I'm suspending my campaign" appears to have become the language of choice for candidates who are dropping out of the race. I'm pretty sure this was the phrase used by Bachman, Cain and Perry when they each dropped out - and it meant they were out, not that things were suspended, so the media's take on this is correct.

I have no idea why candidates have decided to start using this phrase. Do they think it sounds less like they have lost/withdrawn/pulled out etc? Seems like typical politician dissembling to me.

Suspending versus ending a campaign is for monetary reasons. Suspending the campaign allows you to pay back any campaign debt by the conference, but if you end it, you have to pay it back immediately.

April 11th, 2012, 8:22 am
3rd Round Selection

Thanks for the info njroar.

April 11th, 2012, 9:00 am
njroar wrote:
UK Lion wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Suspending versus ending a campaign is for monetary reasons. Suspending the campaign allows you to pay back any campaign debt by the conference, but if you end it, you have to pay it back immediately.

I understand that, but he said he specifically said that he's NOT bowing out.

April 11th, 2012, 12:38 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

wjb21ndtown wrote:

=wants the VP slot.

April 15th, 2012, 9:04 pm
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

=wants the VP slot.

I understand making a push for the VP slot (and I too think that's exactly what he's doing... everyone knows that Santorum's views are much more inline with Newt, but yet Santorum "endorsed" Romney), but I don't get how the media can responsibly report something that they're being TOLD isn't true. They did it with Newt at least three times, putting him on the defensive making his backers think that he's only in it to write a book, or that he's going to bow out "at any minute" for the last 5-6 months. It's bullsh!t.

April 16th, 2012, 2:18 pm
Hall of Fame Player

wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

=wants the VP slot.

I understand making a push for the VP slot (and I too think that's exactly what he's doing... everyone knows that Santorum's views are much more inline with Newt, but yet Santorum "endorsed" Romney), but I don't get how the media can responsibly report something that they're being TOLD isn't true. They did it with Newt at least three times, putting him on the defensive making his backers think that he's only in it to write a book, or that he's going to bow out "at any minute" for the last 5-6 months. It's bullsh!t.

The liberal media bias is completely out of control! How anyone can even trust CNN, NBC or ABC is beyond me. These networks have a clear agenda and the evidence is plentiful and overwhelming; but main street America simply doesn't get it; see it or question it.

The John King opening question to Gingrich during the debate! The outright fraud perpetrated on this nation by NBC & CNN re: Trayvon Martin! The current firestorm re: Ann Romney and stay at home moms! Constant pandering to the gay / lesbian & Hispanic voters! It goes on all day, everyday on virtually every subject!!! It's often very subtle but it's very present and America is simply to stupid to get it and / or respond to it.

April 16th, 2012, 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16