View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 8:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 S. Jax a Lion?? 
Walk On

Post S. Jax a Lion??
I was reading a article, were Rams may consider taking Trent Richardson and how S.Jax salary wouldn't make sense to keep both. So they may release or trade him at some point. No weight behind rumor, but makes a good discussion for us who can use a powerback with his versatility. Personally, we were idiots for not taking him the year of Kevin Jones draft. Anyone interested??

April 16th, 2012, 9:04 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: S. Jax a Lion??
I'm interested in any talented back.

A lot of people want the Lions to stay away from RBs. I don't understand. Just because the Lions used a lot of resources on them, doesn't mean that it isn't a major need. If you buy two cars and they both break down, does that mean you might as well not buy a third car?

Unfortunately, Best is one concussion away from ending his career. Given his recent track record, I think that it's more likely he WON'T be a Lion in two years, than actually still being with the team. Even if he stays injury free, he isn't a feature back anyway.

Leshoure is a huge question mark at this point. I'm more positive on him than I am on Best, but he had a fairly significant injury, and his run-in with the law doesn't help matters.

The Lions have such a great passing tack. If they only had a talented back, they'd be absolutely deadly. I don't think they should use all their resources on getting another back, but if a talented one comes along and the offer is right, they should pull the trigger.

That said, on Jackson specifically: the dude is 28 and has taken a beaten. All those years the Rams were terrible, they fed Jackson the ball, so I'm leery about his longer-term durability. Knowing nothing of his contract situation (just assuming it would all work out) the most I would give up would be a fourth rounder. Maybe a conditional third.

April 16th, 2012, 11:11 pm
Blueskies wrote:
I'm interested in any talented back.

A lot of people want the Lions to stay away from RBs. I don't understand. Just because the Lions used a lot of resources on them, doesn't mean that it isn't a major need. If you buy two cars and they both break down, does that mean you might as well not buy a third car?

Unfortunately, Best is one concussion away from ending his career. Given his recent track record, I think that it's more likely he WON'T be a Lion in two years, than actually still being with the team. Even if he stays injury free, he isn't a feature back anyway.

Leshoure is a huge question mark at this point. I'm more positive on him than I am on Best, but he had a fairly significant injury, and his run-in with the law doesn't help matters.

The Lions have such a great passing tack. If they only had a talented back, they'd be absolutely deadly. I don't think they should use all their resources on getting another back, but if a talented one comes along and the offer is right, they should pull the trigger.

That said, on Jackson specifically: the dude is 28 and has taken a beaten. All those years the Rams were terrible, they fed Jackson the ball, so I'm leery about his longer-term durability. Knowing nothing of his contract situation (just assuming it would all work out) the most I would give up would be a fourth rounder. Maybe a conditional third.

S Jax is a tremendous athlete and a freak of nature in the mold of Ricky Williams. The guy takes GREAT care of himself, and has his own private doctor evaluate him and has him on a week to week program to keep him healthy. I would love to land him for draft picks, or a package involving players and picks. The guy deserves to be on a winner, and he would be the best back that we've had here since Barry Sanders.

April 16th, 2012, 11:28 pm
RIP Killer

He may keep his tires rotated, but I think there's a lot of curb rash on those rims. City driving is much worse than hwy driving (he's been a taxi cab if you catch my drift).

April 16th, 2012, 11:31 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Mufasa wrote:
I was reading a article, were Rams may consider taking Trent Richardson and how S.Jax salary wouldn't make sense to keep both. So they may release or trade him at some point. No weight behind rumor, but makes a good discussion for us who can use a powerback with his versatility. Personally, we were idiots for not taking him the year of Kevin Jones draft. Anyone interested??

I'd be all for it. Ya he's no spring chicken but with our injury prone rb's he'd fit right in. (side note) without looking I'm pretty sure jackson was off the board by the time leos drafted KJ.

April 17th, 2012, 9:29 am
RIP Killer

Here's my take on it. If the Rams are taking Richardson, then that means the Browns took Blackmon. Because I highly doubt the Rams take Richardson over Blackmon, if Blackmon is on the board.

If that is the case, then the Browns would likely be looking to do a trade with the Rams after the fact. The Browns would give them Blackmon in exchange for Richardson and some picks. Or maybe the Browns would be interested is Jackson, and a few more picks. Whatever the case, I think the Browns would be fishing for a trade with the Rams.

April 17th, 2012, 11:06 am
m2karateman wrote:
Here's my take on it. If the Rams are taking Richardson, then that means the Browns took Blackmon. Because I highly doubt the Rams take Richardson over Blackmon, if Blackmon is on the board.

If that is the case, then the Browns would likely be looking to do a trade with the Rams after the fact. The Browns would give them Blackmon in exchange for Richardson and some picks. Or maybe the Browns would be interested is Jackson, and a few more picks. Whatever the case, I think the Browns would be fishing for a trade with the Rams.

I agree, Blackmon seems like a much nicer fit for the Rams, especially given the fact that they need to upgrade their offense now in order to not kill Bradford's confidence. However, Richardson is head and shoulders above the rest of the RB class, according to most draft experts. If the Rams are comfortable with 2nd-4th round WR talent they may want to pass on one quality guy over multiple mid-grade guys. They're so horribly thin at WR its sick.

April 17th, 2012, 12:19 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

I agree, Blackmon seems like a much nicer fit for the Rams, especially given the fact that they need to upgrade their offense now in order to not kill Bradford's confidence. However, Richardson is head and shoulders above the rest of the RB class, according to most draft experts. If the Rams are comfortable with 2nd-4th round WR talent they may want to pass on one quality guy over multiple mid-grade guys. They're so horribly thin at WR its sick.

You're right. If the Browns did take Blackmon, it's certainly not a lock that they will deal him to the Rams. It's just something I see as a possibility, sort of the like the Chargers-Giants deal with Eli and Rivers.

But I agree that the Rams could elect to take Richardson if Blackmon is off the board, then move Jackson to another team for something like a second or third round pick, and use that pick and others to shore up their receiver corps. There is some decent depth at receiver in this draft. The Rams might also elect to try and trade down from six, and they'll likely still be able to get Richardson later.

April 17th, 2012, 12:46 pm
Walk On

jedi~outcast wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

I'd be all for it. Ya he's no spring chicken but with our injury prone rb's he'd fit right in. (side note) without looking I'm pretty sure jackson was off the board by the time leos drafted KJ.

Yea, he was off the board. But he fell like a rock and we made no effort to trade up until he was off the board and rams made the move to trade up. An I think that was the year we took Roy Williams, when most people felt running back was a more position of need.

April 18th, 2012, 11:40 am
RIP Killer

Mufasa wrote:
jedi~outcast wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Yea, he was off the board. But he fell like a rock and we made no effort to trade up until he was off the board and rams made the move to trade up. An I think that was the year we took Roy Williams, when most people felt running back was a more position of need.

Yup, first year at Lionbacker and they did take Roy after trading back a spot to the Bucs (who took Winslow) and used that as leverage to move up and take KJ. Really like SJax that year but the Lions wanted to give Blueskies some bookend WRs and then added a 3rd the next year with Williams. Ugh, the bad old days.

April 18th, 2012, 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

Traded back with the Browns who took Winslow. Not tampa. Tampa took Michael Clayton around pick 20 or so

April 18th, 2012, 1:15 pm
RIP Killer

Footsoldier32 wrote:
Traded back with the Browns who took Winslow. Not tampa. Tampa took Michael Clayton around pick 20 or so

Correct - guess I'm just picturing Winslow on the Bucs not the Browns.

April 18th, 2012, 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Stats Boy

Hes a top 5 back in the league, it would be beyond insane if we got him.

April 18th, 2012, 2:09 pm
Team MVP

I love SJ, but man...another RB who cant stay healthy? Besides, with our lack or run blocking abilities on our Oline, why does it matter who runs the ball? Of course, it would be an upgrade.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 18th, 2012, 2:27 pm
S Jax has never really missed significant time. I wouldn't say that he "can't stay healthy," and he doesn't miss significant time while playing on a perennial loser. The fact that he brings it week after week on that putrid team really says something about him. I'd be ahead of the market on acquiring him, so long as his salary is reasonable.

April 18th, 2012, 2:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next