View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 1:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Vikings & Matt Kalil 
Team MVP

Post Vikings & Matt Kalil
Didnt know if this should be in the Around the League section or not, but..NFL Draft related..

How do you guys feel about the Vikings and their "apparent" plan to pass on Matt Kalil? Do you buy it or no? Personally, barring a trade, I just cannot see Kalil on the board after pick #3. And if so, the Vikings are morons.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 19th, 2012, 3:22 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post Re: Vikings & Matt Kalil
kdsberman wrote:
Didnt know if this should be in the Around the League section or not, but..NFL Draft related..

How do you guys feel about the Vikings and their "apparent" plan to pass on Matt Kalil? Do you buy it or no? Personally, barring a trade, I just cannot see Kalil on the board after pick #3. And if so, the Vikings are morons.

Probably a smoke screen. The teams picking 4-6 are counting on Claiborne and Blackmon being available, so the Vikes are threatening to take one of those guys in order to try to trade down. I think they end up with Kalil one way or the other.

April 19th, 2012, 4:27 pm
Hall of Fame Player

mwill2 wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Probably a smoke screen. The teams picking 4-6 are counting on Claiborne and Blackmon being available, so the Vikes are threatening to take one of those guys in order to try to trade down. I think they end up with Kalil one way or the other.

I fully expect Miami to trade up to #3 to take Tannehill because they think the Browns will take him at #4.

April 19th, 2012, 4:33 pm
Team MVP

BillySims wrote:
mwill2 wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

I fully expect Miami to trade up to #3 to take Tannehill because they think the Browns will take him at #4.

That definetly could happen. In my opinion, I just cant see the Browns using the FOURTH OVERALL PICK on Tannehill. Now, Miami is dumb enough to take Ted Ginn Jr at #7, so I definetly can see them trading up to #3 to take Tannehill, who isnt remotely near good enough to be taken THAT high. Hes good, but not #3 good.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

April 19th, 2012, 4:56 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

If true, how far do you see him falling? Does he still go top ten? This could change who's available for us if he were to fall very far.

April 19th, 2012, 6:37 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
mwill2 wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

That definetly could happen. In my opinion, I just cant see the Browns using the FOURTH OVERALL PICK on Tannehill. Now, Miami is dumb enough to take Ted Ginn Jr at #7, so I definetly can see them trading up to #3 to take Tannehill, who isnt remotely near good enough to be taken THAT high. Hes good, but not #3 good.

I agree. And I agree that Cleveland won't take Tannehill @#4. But, Steven Ross has been rejected by too many people and can't afford to miss the boat on Tannehill.

April 19th, 2012, 7:57 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:

I think it's a joke. If they pass on Kalil, they had better be prepared for the fans to stay away from their stadium, particularly if whomever they pick doesn't pan out and Kalil becomes an elite player.

With this whole stadium thing going on in Minnesota, the front office there better get its act together and start building a solid foundation for that team. They have a RB, supposedly got their QB of the future last season, have another offensive playmaker in Harvin. Time to put together an offensive line to make it happen. Anything else, and they've blundered a pick.

Billy Sims wrote:

I completely disagree. I think Miami stands pat and waits for Tannehill to fall to them. If he's not there, then they take either Melvin Ingram or Quentin Coples. Why? They have Matt Moore and David Garrard. While neither of them are world beaters, they are capable of winning games. The team needs to keep what picks they have, and not trade away for a QB who had a good workout, but really has had a very short QB career and didn't a remarkable year at that. Tannehill is a great athlete, and he could be a great NFL QB, but that is really tough to project. I don't think Miami will invest a second rounder, plus more to make him their pick at number three on the off chance Cleveland takes him (which I don't think they will).

Besides, if Miami were going to trade up, why not do it now and avoid risking someone else jumping ahead of them on draft day? That's another reason why I don't think they will do it.

April 19th, 2012, 9:29 pm
Varsity Captain

Billy's been smoking, Billy's been smoking! Nobody is going to make Tannenhill(sp?) the #3 pick. If they do they should get their resume ready and fast. With some of the offensive weapons available a mediocure QB will do for now. Hell if all they want is mediocure, Shaun Hill is above that level, pick your weapon and give them Hill for a 3.

April 19th, 2012, 10:59 pm
Team MVP

liontrax wrote:
If true, how far do you see him falling? Does he still go top ten? This could change who's available for us if he were to fall very far.

In my final mock I have Miami taking tannehill at #8. That is actually one of the most confident picks I have, that is only if a trade doesn't happen.

April 20th, 2012, 1:06 am
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
liontrax wrote:

In my final mock I have Miami taking tannehill at #8. That is actually one of the most confident picks I have, that is only if a trade doesn't happen.

I too mocked Tannehill to Miami at #8. However, if for whatever reason Miami passes on him, I think KC will pick him up at #11 without hesitation. But I could see the Browns trying to trade up from #22 to #10 to make him their pick at that spot. It would surprise me if Tannehill falls out of the top 12 picks.

April 20th, 2012, 9:08 am
Hall of Fame Player

Boz wrote:
Billy's been smoking, Billy's been smoking! Nobody is going to make Tannenhill(sp?) the #3 pick. If they do they should get their resume ready and fast. With some of the offensive weapons available a mediocure QB will do for now. Hell if all they want is mediocure, Shaun Hill is above that level, pick your weapon and give them Hill for a 3.

Hill for a 3? And you think I have been smoking :!:

April 20th, 2012, 5:31 pm
Team MVP

Man guys, im really starting to actually believe they MIGHT not take Kalil.

April 23rd, 2012, 6:03 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
Man guys, im really starting to actually believe they MIGHT not take Kalil.

And I truly hope they don't. Ponder had deer in the headlights looks in his eyes last year. Our D-line will kill him this time. Got to put his head on sideways. ......

Oh yeah, can't say that anymore. LOL.

April 23rd, 2012, 7:39 pm
Team MVP

I mean, im not saying they WILL pass on Kalil. Actually my final mock im almost done with I still have them taking Kalil because its makes by far the most sense. But they sure are making it believeable. Most teams think QB, DE, and LT are the top positional values, and with Kalil being arguably the best LT prospect since 08 and them desperately needing a LT, i dont understand the sense in passing on him.

April 23rd, 2012, 8:40 pm
League MVP

I think the Vikings will take Kalil but I could easily see the Vikings take Claiborne instead of Kalil. Not sure why people think that is so farfetched. They ve had troubles in the secondary and play vs Cutler/Marshall, Stafford/Calvin, Rodgers/take your pick of wrs 6 times a year. as for miami - they may need to move up because they are worried that someone like KC might leapfrog them to take Tannehill. The Cleveland possibility is also very real - Colt McCoy does not project to anything more than an average NFL QB and one limited by system at that.

back to Kalil, if the Vikes dont take him how far would he fall? Some say St Louis would take him but if they dont get someone for Bradford to throw to they risk losing the fan base support for him, also remember Jeff Fisher doesnt tend to take OL very high. I could see Luck/RG3/Claiborne/Tannehill/Richardson/Blackmon/

April 23rd, 2012, 10:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next