View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 4:13 pm



Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Cornerbacks 
Author Message
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3395
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Cornerbacks
Asante is nothing in run support, so no thank you.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


April 19th, 2012, 2:48 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: September 28th, 2011, 5:57 pm
Posts: 307
Post Re: Cornerbacks
If he can take of everything except run support, then he is a leap forward from what we had last year. I also believe that he won't get near the salary that most everyone is thinking.


April 19th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Offense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2828
Post Re: Cornerbacks
Boz wrote:
If he can take of everything except run support, then he is a leap forward from what we had last year. I also believe that he won't get near the salary that most everyone is thinking.


He has a $12 million salary cap figure now, so there's no thinking involved. If he doesn't want to negotiate it down, he doesn't have too.


April 20th, 2012, 12:31 am
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: September 28th, 2011, 5:57 pm
Posts: 307
Post Re: Cornerbacks
And he won't get paid that by anybody but the home team. They can always release him and pay nothing. I would do that in a heartbeat.


Last edited by Boz on April 20th, 2012, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.



April 20th, 2012, 12:34 am
Profile
Player of the Year - Offense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2828
Post Re: Cornerbacks
Boz wrote:
And he won't get paid that by anybody but the home team.


exactly, so he can force them to keep him or release him, allowing him to go to where he chooses. Its one of the reasons making him trade bait is so difficult.


April 20th, 2012, 12:35 am
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: September 28th, 2011, 5:57 pm
Posts: 307
Post Re: Cornerbacks
OK, now I catch your drift. Just saying he will never see that $12mil.


April 20th, 2012, 12:37 am
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2375
Post Re: Cornerbacks
Is it stupid to say that Gilmore just looks like a legit NFL cornerback? Probably, but I'm going to say it anyways.

_________________
"There were a couple times where I was just like, 'Is that legal?" Warford said. "Cause he was getting laid out. I was like, 'Someone might call the cops. This is not fair.'"


April 20th, 2012, 9:55 am
Profile
Post Re: Cornerbacks
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Is it stupid to say that Gilmore just looks like a legit NFL cornerback? Probably, but I'm going to say it anyways.



He looks kind of soft to me.


April 20th, 2012, 11:52 am
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12246
Post Re: Cornerbacks
For those thinking about Asante Samuel...
PFT wrote:
Broncos tried to trade for Samuel
Posted by Mike Florio on April 20, 2012, 7:08 AM EDT

The Broncos apparently like their cornerbacks on the wrong side of 30.

According to Mike Klis the Denver Post, the team tried to trade for cornerback Asante Samuel, the 31-year-old cover man who has become a luxury the Eagles can no longer afford.

Per Klis, the Broncos made two proposals. One would have sent a fifth-round or sixth-round draft pick to Philly, and the other would have sent a player.

The Broncos reportedly believe they can no longer make the trade happen. On March 22, they signed former Saints conerback Tracy Porter (who is merely 25). Last Friday, they cut veteran starter Andre’ Goodman, who is 33.

The elder statesman and No. 1 corner for the Broncos is Champ Bailey. He turns 34 in June.

It’s widely believed that Samuel would have to reduce the value of the final two years of his contract in order to make a trade happen, given that he’s due to earn base salaries of $10 million and $11.5 million, respectively, over the next two seasons. And so he essentially has the ability to veto any trade by saying he won’t cut his pay.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... or-samuel/
Doesn't mention why the proposed deals fell through. Was it the Eagles or Asante that nixed them?
On the other hand, Andre Goodman looks to be available..... :wink:

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


April 20th, 2012, 1:28 pm
Profile
Online
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3901
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Cornerbacks
TheRealWags wrote:
For those thinking about Asante Samuel...
PFT wrote:
Broncos tried to trade for Samuel
Posted by Mike Florio on April 20, 2012, 7:08 AM EDT

The Broncos apparently like their cornerbacks on the wrong side of 30.

According to Mike Klis the Denver Post, the team tried to trade for cornerback Asante Samuel, the 31-year-old cover man who has become a luxury the Eagles can no longer afford.

Per Klis, the Broncos made two proposals. One would have sent a fifth-round or sixth-round draft pick to Philly, and the other would have sent a player.

The Broncos reportedly believe they can no longer make the trade happen. On March 22, they signed former Saints conerback Tracy Porter (who is merely 25). Last Friday, they cut veteran starter Andre’ Goodman, who is 33.

The elder statesman and No. 1 corner for the Broncos is Champ Bailey. He turns 34 in June.

It’s widely believed that Samuel would have to reduce the value of the final two years of his contract in order to make a trade happen, given that he’s due to earn base salaries of $10 million and $11.5 million, respectively, over the next two seasons. And so he essentially has the ability to veto any trade by saying he won’t cut his pay.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... or-samuel/
Doesn't mention why the proposed deals fell through. Was it the Eagles or Asante that nixed them?
On the other hand, Andre Goodman looks to be available..... :wink:



Once a Lion...always a Lion! lol :wink:

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


April 20th, 2012, 2:34 pm
Profile
Online
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9549
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Cornerbacks
LOL, is Chris Cash a free agent.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


April 20th, 2012, 2:40 pm
Profile WWW
Online
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3901
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Cornerbacks
ya might be able to pull Bryant westbrook back into action if yer THAT desperate! :shock:

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


April 20th, 2012, 4:13 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7548
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Cornerbacks
Boz wrote:
And he won't get paid that by anybody but the home team. They can always release him and pay nothing. I would do that in a heartbeat.


So, you would trade away a draft pick for him and then cut him when he has the audacity to say, " no, I will play with the contract I currently have thank you."?

The team that trades for him doesn't have a choice unless they make the trade conditional to a restructured contract.


April 20th, 2012, 5:44 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: September 28th, 2011, 5:57 pm
Posts: 307
Post Re: Cornerbacks
Trade after the contract is done and not until. So, no I wouldn't do that #-o


April 20th, 2012, 6:45 pm
Profile
Post Re: Cornerbacks
BillySims wrote:
Boz wrote:
And he won't get paid that by anybody but the home team. They can always release him and pay nothing. I would do that in a heartbeat.


So, you would trade away a draft pick for him and then cut him when he has the audacity to say, " no, I will play with the contract I currently have thank you."?

The team that trades for him doesn't have a choice unless they make the trade conditional to a restructured contract.


No team is going to trade for Asante Samuel without a deal in place.


April 20th, 2012, 7:48 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pablo and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.