View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 7:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Cornerbacks 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post Re: Cornerbacks
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Boz wrote:
And he won't get paid that by anybody but the home team. They can always release him and pay nothing. I would do that in a heartbeat.

So, you would trade away a draft pick for him and then cut him when he has the audacity to say, " no, I will play with the contract I currently have thank you."?

The team that trades for him doesn't have a choice unless they make the trade conditional to a restructured contract.

No team is going to trade for Asante Samuel without a deal in place.

Bingo, and that's what is holding up a deal. Ultimately, Samuel has all the leverage and can essentially veto a trade if he wants.

April 20th, 2012, 8:36 pm
Team MVP

Apparently the Eagles are now accepting less than a 4th rd pick for Asante. NOW id be interested.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 20th, 2012, 9:48 pm
If the trade is for an undisclosed USDA we shouldn't accept it until he works out a new deal... He's simply not worth his contract price and no compensation is worth his services at his current contract value.

April 21st, 2012, 2:46 am
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
Apparently the Eagles are now accepting less than a 4th rd pick for Asante. NOW id be interested.

It's actually down to a 5th rd, OR, conditional 6th rd pick per the news I heard yesterday. The other 32 teams don't seem to be that interested.

@ 5 or 6 I'm very interested in this but you would need to fit him into a 2 or 3 year contract deal. That might be tough.

April 21st, 2012, 9:14 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

LionFan57 wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

It's actually down to a 5th rd, OR, conditional 6th rd pick per the news I heard yesterday. The other 32 teams don't seem to be that interested.

@ 5 or 6 I'm very interested in this but you would need to fit him into a 2 or 3 year contract deal. That might be tough.

I think the 5th or 6th round pick is what the compensation would be for Samuel with his current contract, not a new deal. I think if somehow the Eagles got him to sign a new deal, they'd want more.

If the Lions wanted to, they could make a trade happen. However, I don't think they can afford to pay Samuel what he thinks he should be making. And I think that's the problem all the other teams have. Samuel is pricing himself out of being traded. He's going to wait until the Eagles cut him or pay him. If they pay him, he gets a bunch of cash for being a backup. If they cut him (far more likely) then he can sign with whatever team he wants. He'll likely wait until just before the season starts to sign with someone, waiting until a team have an injury or something like that and they are desperate and will sign him to a higher deal than what they should.

April 21st, 2012, 10:16 am
Bubbles the Lion

I havne't heard his name around here much but Alfonso Dennard just got arrested for assaulting a police officer in Lincoln, NE. I am a huge Husker fan, but even I am getting turned off from the idea of drafting him. He has a lot of talent, so maybe a 5th rounder or so could be worth a flier.

I just smh when these kids do stuff like this. How can they not just hang out with friends at home? He was less than a week away from being a 1-3rd round pick and being set for the foreseeable future. It is just sad really

April 21st, 2012, 6:21 pm
Heisman Winner

LioneeR wrote:
I havne't heard his name around here much but Alfonso Dennard just got arrested for assaulting a police officer in Lincoln, NE. I am a huge Husker fan, but even I am getting turned off from the idea of drafting him. He has a lot of talent, so maybe a 5th rounder or so could be worth a flier.

I just smh when these kids do stuff like this. How can they not just hang out with friends at home? He was less than a week away from being a 1-3rd round pick and being set for the foreseeable future. It is just sad really

Investigate the incident, as a team and learn what facts can be ascertained. Then decide who to judge the situation. You might find you are looking at this kid in a value slot later than you should be say rd 5 or so like you suggested, and would want to know if he's a reasonably straight guy who lost his cool once in the worng place, or a numbskull who will not help you over the long term. The teams need to do thier homework on this kids past and see what they unearth.

April 22nd, 2012, 7:38 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Sounds like he was in a fight, the cop was trying to breaking up, and he hit him. Sounds like he'd make a great teammate with Pett. :lol:

April 22nd, 2012, 2:00 pm
Bubbles the Lion

Yeah, I heard he was in a fight, and hit the cop when the cop was trying to break it up. I still don't like that he put himself into that situation.

Add that to the bowl game vs South Carolina where he took a swing at Alshon Jeffries makes him a pretty big red flag.

April 22nd, 2012, 4:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10