View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 3:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Linebackers 
Team MVP

Post Re: Linebackers
Killwill25 wrote:
Deandre McDaniel 2

Pretty much.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 30th, 2012, 8:14 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Utah State LB Bobby Wagner dazzles during belated Pro Day

By Rob Rang | The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com

After being named the North Team's Most Outstanding Player in the Senior Bowl, Utah State linebacker Bobby Wagner had been expected to continue his rise up draft boards with an impressive showing at the 2012 Scouting Combine.

A bout with pneumonia instead landed him in an Arizona hospital and he wasn't able to perform drills for scouts until today's Pro Day workout. After an impressive all-around performance that would have ranked among the Combine's best among linebackers, his stock could once again be on the rise.

Wagner showed very good speed and incredible overall explosiveness throughout the workout. He was clocked at in the high 4.4s to low 4.5s on most watches, with a low time being 4.45 seconds. That mark would have beaten Cal's Mychal Kendricks' 4.45 time at the Combine. Wagner also matched Kendricks' 39.5" vertical jump, which led all linebackers at the Combine and posted a jaw-dropping 11'0 broad jump that not only beat all linebackers tested in Indianapolis (beating Kendricks' position-best effort by five inches), it was just one inch behind the best efforts put forth at the 2012 by any prospect. Georgia Tech wide receiver Stephen Hill and Central Florida cornerback Josh Robinson recorded broad jumps of 11'1".

Having not attended the Combine, Wagner's official height, weight, arm and hand sizes were an important piece of information to scouts. The Utah State linebacker measured in at 6-0 (3/8) and 235 pounds. His arm length was 33 inches. His wingspan was 78.5 inches. Wagner's hand was measured at 9.5 inches.

Wagner is currently NFLDraftScout.com's No. 6 rated outside linebacker. He finished tied for fourth in the country in total tackles this season (147) while playing middle linebacker for the Aggies and could remain at this position in the NFL. As the athleticism he demonstrated today proves, however, Wagner has the agility, speed and explosiveness to play outside in the 4-3, as well.

Wagner is viewed as a likely second round pick.

Sounds like a potentially good addition for our LBer crew, can play inside or out. Replace Levy?

March 31st, 2012, 8:34 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Sounds like he could come in a and challenge Levy for his spot.

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 31st, 2012, 9:44 am
RIP Killer

LionsFan4Life wrote:
Sounds like he could come in a and challenge Levy for his spot.

I think Doug Hogue is going to be challenging Levy for that spot as well. As I recall, Hogue is athletically superior to Levy in just about every way. If the Lions were to use their second rounder on Wagner, I'd have to issues. I thought he was very impressive in the Senior Bowl.

March 31st, 2012, 10:09 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Look forward to the Lions adding at least one LB to the group. My list of LB's in this years draft that I'm high on are:

Lavonte David
Bobby Wagner
Mychal Kendricks
James-Michael Johnson
Demario Davis

These are probably all (2nd-3rd) round guys Ive listed, and in no particular order. Didn't bother to list Kuechly, as he will probably go 1st round.

April 1st, 2012, 5:49 pm
Team MVP

liontrax wrote:
Look forward to the Lions adding at least one LB to the group. My list of LB's in this years draft that I'm high on are:

Lavonte David
Bobby Wagner
Mychal Kendricks
James-Michael Johnson
Demario Davis

These are probably all (2nd-3rd) round guys Ive listed, and in no particular order. Didn't bother to list Kuechly, as he will probably go 1st round.

I really like Mychal Kendricks.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 1st, 2012, 7:36 pm
Varsity Captain

I was checking out a few Mocks on hailredskins.com. While I hate the Skins and their owner, this site has more mocks than I've McDonalds.

April 21st, 2012, 10:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5