View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 3:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
 Various 2012 NFL Mock drafts. 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Various 2012 NFL Mock drafts.
I like the way his draft falls and most pick are believable. I also know that Mayock and Goose are usually the best 2 at getting close to how the draft really falls...

That said, if we take Upshaw when Cordy Glenn is available i will strangle someone. Both are eually BPA imo in that situation, but 1 is arguably our #1 Need, and can plug in and start from day 1 while also being the backup at all other line positions but center, while the other is not a position of need until next year IF we dont contract avril long term.

Im very suprised he didnt send Glenn to us unless he has some inside info that we WONT take glenn for some reason, which again would suprise me.

April 25th, 2012, 11:22 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

In any case, we can't keep neglecting the CB position. I feel that we need atleast 2 starting quality DBs in this draft

April 26th, 2012, 12:40 am
Varsity Captain

I know that it is not a perfect world, but I would love to see the Lions move up enough to take Baron (sp?). I would trade future picks to move up and keep our 2nd and 3rd rounds picks. Use those to be combined or part of a deal to move back into the 1st and nab Glenn, Konz or Martin. Then keep a watch on Jenkins and hopefully be able to make a move for him. I know that he scares alot of people with his off the field antics, but I'm almost ready to bet the farm that he will become a Pro Bowl corner whithin a couple of years!
Look at LB, OL, RB and WR with what we have left. I would even consider an "athelete", a special teams monster.

Just my way would be to spend those future picks for this draft. That is if there is a player available that we like and need, then by all means spend those picks now rather than wait until next year and hope one of those players will be available when we use those picks that we didn't trade this year.

April 26th, 2012, 4:39 am
Team MVP

Boz wrote:
I know that it is not a perfect world, but I would love to see the Lions move up enough to take Baron (sp?). I would trade future picks to move up and keep our 2nd and 3rd rounds picks. Use those to be combined or part of a deal to move back into the 1st and nab Glenn, Konz or Martin. Then keep a watch on Jenkins and hopefully be able to make a move for him. I know that he scares alot of people with his off the field antics, but I'm almost ready to bet the farm that he will become a Pro Bowl corner whithin a couple of years!Look at LB, OL, RB and WR with what we have left. I would even consider an "athelete", a special teams monster.

Just my way would be to spend those future picks for this draft. That is if there is a player available that we like and need, then by all means spend those picks now rather than wait until next year and hope one of those players will be available when we use those picks that we didn't trade this year.

I would have no problem taking Jenkins. I think hes a hell of a CB and im convinced his off the field stuff is in the past.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 26th, 2012, 10:42 am
RIP Killer

Boz wrote:
I know that it is not a perfect world, but I would love to see the Lions move up enough to take Baron (sp?). I would trade future picks to move up and keep our 2nd and 3rd rounds picks. Use those to be combined or part of a deal to move back into the 1st and nab Glenn, Konz or Martin. Then keep a watch on Jenkins and hopefully be able to make a move for him. I know that he scares alot of people with his off the field antics, but I'm almost ready to bet the farm that he will become a Pro Bowl corner whithin a couple of years!
Look at LB, OL, RB and WR with what we have left. I would even consider an "athelete", a special teams monster.

The Lions would have to move way up to get Barron, and I think it would cost way too much. A team won't trade back that far simply for future picks plus our #23. They'll want more than that. If Barron miraculously gets by Dallas, then I'd pull the trigger for him. But he's supposedly the apple of several teams' eye right now, and he will likely go top ten.

Boz wrote:

I just don't see Mayhew moving high round future picks. In reality, I'd rather the Lions stand pat with their first round pick, and then maybe use a high future pick to move up in round two to grab one of the players that fall. If the Lions somehow get Kirkpatrick, then move up in round two for someone like Massie, Konz, Silatolu or Zeitler. If they take Glenn or Martin in round one, then move up to land secondary help like Harrison Smith or Janoris Jenkins in round two.

April 26th, 2012, 11:00 am

m2karateman wrote:
I just don't see Mayhew moving high round future picks. In reality, I'd rather the Lions stand pat with their first round pick, and then maybe use a high future pick to move up in round two to grab one of the players that fall. If the Lions somehow get Kirkpatrick, then move up in round two for someone like Massie, Konz, Silatolu or Zeitler. If they take Glenn or Martin in round one, then move up to land secondary help like Harrison Smith or Janoris Jenkins in round two.

Agree about Barron, standing pat at 23, and if moving up do so from our #2 for a 1st round talent who falls to 33-42 area.

April 26th, 2012, 11:08 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Team MVP

Quote:
If the Lions somehow get Kirkpatrick, then move up in round two for someone like Massie, Konz, Silatolu or Zeitler. If they take Glenn or Martin in round one, then move up to land secondary help like Harrison Smith or Janoris Jenkins in round two.

This is exactly what I hope Mayhew does.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

April 26th, 2012, 11:16 am
RIP Killer

BTW - the Goose is no longer doing his top 100 or mock draft. He is a full-time columnist at the Dallas Morning News and doens't just focus on football or the draft. I really miss picking up the paper on the morning on the draft to find out who the Lions are really picking (like he called with Fairly last year).

big bummer

April 26th, 2012, 11:34 am
Profile WWW
3rd Round Selection

Big bummer indeed! I saw you'd posted and clicked on the thread hoping it would be Gosselin's final mock (given your Dallas connections) - instead it's confirmation we won't be getting one. Rubbish.

April 26th, 2012, 12:09 pm

Man, now that Goose is gone, nobody knows sh** about anything. I still see 'insiders' basing their 'scoops' on Mayhew's comment in his presser that they won't be scared off by marijuana charges.

April 26th, 2012, 1:09 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

thats Not true. i know who they are going to pick all weekend...but I wont say anything. I don't want to ruin the suspense for you all :wink:

April 26th, 2012, 1:18 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Pablo wrote:
BTW - the Goose is no longer doing his top 100 or mock draft. He is a full-time columnist at the Dallas Morning News and doens't just focus on football or the draft. I really miss picking up the paper on the morning on the draft to find out who the Lions are really picking (like he called with Fairly last year).

big bummer

Someone asked Gosselin who he thought was the most credible. He named the huddle report.
you can see their final mock draft here.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/

of the three analysts one says Whitney Mercilus, one says Cordy Glenn, and one says David DeCastro.
Mayock says Courtney Upshaw?

April 26th, 2012, 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

I like Upshaw, but him to the Lions? I just find it hard to believe. I see him more as a 3-4 OLB. Good pass rusher, but is he the "hand in the dirt" kind of guy? I wouldnt be TOO upset if we took him, but I find it hard to believe he would be the BPA, not to mention he might be gone by that point. Not that it matters, but he didnt even come in for a visit did he?

April 26th, 2012, 2:06 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Upshaw is too small to be an effective 4-3 DB and can't cover well enough to be a 4-3 OLB. He could suddenly change but I wouldn't "like" that pick at #23

April 26th, 2012, 2:19 pm

njroar wrote:
Upshaw is too small to be an effective 4-3 DB and can't cover well enough to be a 4-3 OLB. He could suddenly change but I wouldn't "like" that pick at #23

Agreed. hed be a developmental prospect for the DL needing to gain serious weight and stregth to play the run as well as KVB Avril and our other DEs do, which makes no sense for a team that has a legit shot for a deep playoff push the next few years. Any other rd 1 DE on the board who actually played DE in college would make more sense.. a lighter guy for example would be merciless, with a heavier guy like Perry as an option also.

April 26th, 2012, 4:50 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next