View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 3:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Lions select Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa (Rd 1) 
RIP Killer

Post Lions select Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa (Rd 1)
go at it. Had DeCastro and Glenn still on the board as well.

Solid value pick as Mayhew sticks to BPA and his board as usual.

April 26th, 2012, 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

Post Re: Lions select Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa (Rd 1)
I think this is a good pick for you guys. It's not flashy, but solid imo.

April 26th, 2012, 10:32 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I'm ok with that pick. I preferred DeCastro when I saw he was falling because I wanted inside help more but Reiff was a dude that was supposedly going to be a top 10 pick. I can deal

April 26th, 2012, 10:36 pm
RIP Killer

Me thinks gos will have to beat out peterman if he wants to play at all this year.

April 26th, 2012, 10:43 pm
Team MVP

I like the pick. Solid value.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 26th, 2012, 11:00 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Not a bad pick

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

April 26th, 2012, 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

At long last we draft someone that can help our OL! The fact that he slipped out of the top 15 is really a gift.

Let Reiff compete for LT or learn the game at RT and move Cherilus inside to RG. Peterman can sit on the bench where he belongs!

I'm happy with this pick!! :arrow:

April 26th, 2012, 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

BPA, and it is a position of need. Gos is going into the final year of his deal and Backus can't play forever. I'm surprised because I hadn't imagined a scenario in which Reiff would be a Lion but as it sinks in, I like the pick.

Some thoughts from Mike Mayock on Reiff (this was in reference to Reiff as a potential top-10 pick):

Quote:
“I still like Riley Reiff a lot. I still think he’s a starting left tackle in the NFL. I just don’t think his upside is as high as Matt Kalil."

Reiff is the latest in the line of stout and ready-made Iowa offensive lineman. Tackle Bryan Bulaga was the 23rd overall selection in the 2010 draft by the Packers started throughout Green Bay’s Super Bowl winning season.

“When they come out of Iowa, they are always well coached, especially the offensive linemen, “Mayock said. “You can plug [Reiff] in day one. I think he is a better player right now than Bulaga was when Bulaga came in and Bulaga started right away with the Green Bay at right tackle.”

April 26th, 2012, 11:16 pm
Veteran General Manager

Reif was the OT that I least wanted. He will not play LT in the NFL. He is projected as nothing more than a Guard by most NFL GM's. At least Adams is a Road Grader in the Running game.

Oh well. I guess I'll have to endure the next decade of a repeat of the hate for Backus only shifted to Reif.

I'm not even mad about this pick though. I have gotten used to the fact that I usually am disappointed with our top pick. The only exceptions to that was Stafford,Suh, and Fairely.

April 26th, 2012, 11:17 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

BillySims wrote:
Reif was the OT that I least wanted. He will not play LT in the NFL. He is projected as nothing more than a Guard by most NFL GM's. At least Adams is a Road Grader in the Running game.

Oh well. I guess I'll have to endure the next decade of a repeat of the hate for Backus only shifted to Reif.

I'm not even mad about this pick though. I have gotten used to the fact that I usually am disappointed with our top pick. The only exceptions to that was Stafford,Suh, and Fairely.

I've not seen him projected as a "nothing more than a guard" by anyone. The various reports I've read all indicate that he's a legit RT and a possible LT. If he happens to be able to play G as well, that's fine, but it seems he'll be able to play RT at the very least.

We'll find out soon enough where he fits and what he can really do, I guess.

April 26th, 2012, 11:29 pm
Team MVP

Well...before we drafted Goz, we needed a RT. After we drafted Goz, WE NEEDED A RT. Now we dont. At least this guy is a good player.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 26th, 2012, 11:33 pm
League MVP

happy with the pick, thought they might go for a passrusher instead but there were some good options there for us w players like mclellin, wright, weeden going before our pick

looks like might have a shot at another good player in rd 2

April 26th, 2012, 11:37 pm
RIP Killer

Still have a painful hole at cb...even with adding a 2nd round cb

April 26th, 2012, 11:42 pm
Veteran General Manager

mwill2 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I've not seen him projected as a "nothing more than a guard" by anyone. The various reports I've read all indicate that he's a legit RT and a possible LT. If he happens to be able to play G as well, that's fine, but it seems he'll be able to play RT at the very least.

We'll find out soon enough where he fits and what he can really do, I guess.

So, your saying that because you haven't seen it, it didn't happen. What you seen is what reporters say about him. I listen to Sirius NFL radio all day every day. I hear from NFL GM's and other personnel guys.
I'm not saying your wrong about him. I'm just passing the info I have heard about him.

Anyway, maybe next year will be the first time in the a decade that every jackwagon under the sun won't be projecting an OT to us. Even the last 3 years, something like 60% of all mocks had us taking an OT. Just proves that it's true. If you fling enough turds at the wall, eventually, 1 will stick.

April 26th, 2012, 11:44 pm
Veteran General Manager

conversion02 wrote:
Still have a painful hole at cb...even with adding a 2nd round cb

Exactly. And Despite his troubles, Jenkins would have relieved a lot of pain on our defense. Reily does nothing to correct what went wrong in Green Bay and New Orleans.

April 26th, 2012, 11:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next