View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 26th, 2014, 7:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Detroit 2nd round 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Detroit 2nd round
DE, CB, WR, RB. The only four position's that I think the Lions are looking at. who's left?

DE - Andre Branch, Vinny Curry

CB - Janoris Jenkins, Alfonso Dennard, Trumaine Johnson, Chase Minnifield, Jamell Fleming

WR - Rueben Randle, Stephen Hill , Alshon Jeffrey, Brian Quick, Juron Criner

RB - Lamar Miller, Chris Polk. Isiah Pead and Lamichael James

I'd guess that Branch, Jenkins and Miller are gone by our pick. Maybe we trade up?

April 27th, 2012, 1:01 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Detroit 2nd round
Ferris wrote:
DE, CB, WR, RB. The only four position's that I think the Lions are looking at. who's left?

CB - Janoris Jenkins, Alfonso Dennard, Trumaine Johnson, Chase Minnifield, Jamell Fleming

I'd guess that Branch, Jenkins and Miller are gone by our pick. Maybe we trade up?

Id be down for a tradeup for JJ but no other player/position. Others i like on your list for us is Vinny Curry, Trumaine Johnsonthe 1st 3 WRs listed (although WR is the least "hole" of the bunch), & Lamar Miller

Go ahead and remove Alfonso Denard also. While we wont not draft someone based on past errors if we feel good about them, denard has been in very recent trouble and is a total numskull. I would be very very suprised if we drafted him, even if from a talent point he is BPA when we pick.

April 27th, 2012, 4:13 am
Profile ICQ WWW
National Champion

Ferris wrote:

Only positions? I bet they are still looking at OL, or they should be. I dont' know about you, but I wanna replace BOTH Gos and Peterman. And what about Saftey? There isn't a need there? I think we need another G and another S before we need another WR... just sayin'.

That said they should take a CB in the next round

April 27th, 2012, 6:35 am
RIP Killer

You can't simply discount the Lions from picking another offensive lineman in round two. There are a number of OG and OT prospects that I feel warrant a second round grade, or higher.

Jonathan Martin
Peter Konz
Bobby Massie
Amini Silatolu
James Brown
Brandon Washington
Brandon Mosely
Mitch Schwartz
Ben Jones

Certainly I would prefer to see the Lions take a corner or safety at this point. But if a top notch guard or tackle is put into their laps, they shouldn't hesitate to select them.

April 27th, 2012, 6:42 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Hystrix wrote:
Only positions? I bet they are still looking at OL, or they should be.

Totally agree. There seems to be an abnormal amount of OL depth in this draft in the late 1st/2nd range. I'd be fine with them taking a guard if a really good one falls to us.

Not sure about the CBs other than Jenkins--I guess we'll see how our board shapes up.

Anybody think LB Zach Brown could fall to us? I have a feeling we'd take him if he did.

April 27th, 2012, 6:44 am
Pro Bowl Player

Hystrix wrote:
Ferris wrote:

Only positions? I bet they are still looking at OL, or they should be. I dont' know about you, but I wanna replace BOTH Gos and Peterman. And what about Saftey? There isn't a need there? I think we need another G and another S before we need another WR... just sayin'.

That said they should take a CB in the next round

Well, I do realize that there are other positions, my inclination's (i.e. the whole "who I think" aspect) are based solely on who the Lions brass brought in and looked at for predraft visits. IMO the only two decent safety's are gone. But while we are apparently retooling a suspect O line yeh, I guess Im all for getting another gift, if one falls into our laps.

April 27th, 2012, 8:51 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

m2karateman wrote:
You can't simply discount the Lions from picking another offensive lineman in round two. There are a number of OG and OT prospects that I feel warrant a second round grade, or higher.

Jonathan Martin
Peter Konz
Bobby Massie
Amini Silatolu
James Brown
Brandon Washington
Brandon Mosely
Mitch Schwartz
Ben Jones

Certainly I would prefer to see the Lions take a corner or safety at this point. But if a top notch guard or tackle is put into their laps, they shouldn't hesitate to select them.

+1.

April 27th, 2012, 8:53 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Don't be surprised if the Lions invest a number of picks this year and next on the OL. Think continuity along the line for the franchise going forward. I can see the Lions taking a few cornerstones along the line that can play together for the next 10 years.

And M2K, did you leave out Mike Adams out of your 2nd round grades for a reason? I also have a 2nd round grade on Brandon Brooks (G, Miami OH) who is massive around 350.

Add to the previous list and now you have double digit OL prospects of value when the Lions pick with only 21 more players off the board when they do.

April 27th, 2012, 9:57 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

Cordy Glenn as well.

April 27th, 2012, 9:58 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Ferris wrote:
Cordy Glenn as well.

exactly, and he is worth moving up for.

April 27th, 2012, 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

Pablo wrote:
Ferris wrote:
Cordy Glenn as well.

exactly, and he is worth moving up for.

Oh great, now Im all excited about retooling the Oline. I am officially a boring person.

April 27th, 2012, 10:05 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

What I consider to be the top 25 players left on the board, in order of their value (not necessarily best value for the Lions, just overall talent value):

1. OG Cordy Glenn
2. OT Jonathan Martin
3. WR Stephen Hill
4. TE Coby Fleener
5. OC Peter Konz
6. CB Janoris Jenkins
7. DE Vinny Curry
8. DT Kendall Reyes
9. OT Bobby Massie
10. LB Lavonte David
11. DT Devon Still
12. DE Andre Branch
13. OG Amini Silatolu
14. CB Trumaine Johnson
15. LB Zach Brown
16. WR Reuben Randle
17. LB Courtney Upshaw
18. OT Mike Adams
19. OG Kelechi Osemele
20. RB Lamar Miller
21. WR Alshon Jeffery
22. DT Jerel Worthy
23. LB Bobby Wagner
24. QB Brock Osweiler
25. CB Josh Robinson

April 27th, 2012, 10:11 am
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
Don't be surprised if the Lions invest a number of picks this year and next on the OL. Think continuity along the line for the franchise going forward. I can see the Lions taking a few cornerstones along the line that can play together for the next 10 years.

And M2K, did you leave out Mike Adams out of your 2nd round grades for a reason? I also have a 2nd round grade on Brandon Brooks (G, Miami OH) who is massive around 350.

Add to the previous list and now you have double digit OL prospects of value when the Lions pick with only 21 more players off the board when they do.

I just forgot to add Adams, who I think is fair value in round two as a boom or bust pick.

I have seen a few listings that show Brooks as a third rounder, but I think that's low. For such a big guy, he moves really well and seems to have that nastiness in him that drives him to pummel people.

April 27th, 2012, 10:14 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

While I like the idea of getting secondary help in round 2, there are indeed some O-linemen who could be excellent choices too. If we landed Brooks or Ben Jones, I would be thrilled--and I doubt they'd have to move up for either. I'd also be fine with Lamar Miller, Lavonte David, or Vinny Curry but I doubt any of them will be available.

I'd like them to get a DB right away but I won't panic if they don't. There will still be good DBs in rounds 3-5. Josh Norman, Keith Tandy, and Dwight Bentley come to mind.

April 27th, 2012, 10:20 am
RIP Killer

My top ten for the Lions is something like:

1.) G/T Cordy Glenn
2.) OT Jonathan Martin
3.) C Peter Konz
3.) CB Janoris Jenkins
4.) OT Mike Adams
5.) DE Vinny Curry
6.) CB Trumaine Johnson
7.) G Amini Silatolu