View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 11:53 pm



Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 O-line draft hypothetical... 

Lions draft Peter Konz and Cordy Glynn in the first and 2nd round are you...?
Happy 100%  100%  [ 14 ]
Mad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14

 O-line draft hypothetical... 
Author Message
Position Coach

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2130
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: O-line draft hypothetical...
thauser wrote:
Now that the lions drafted Reiff, do you still stand by your vote, to take a T and Peter Konz in the first and 2nd round?

Personally i think it would be a highly successful first 2 rounds. if they also can stay where they are in the 2nd round draft Konz at 54, keeping all there picks in later rounds could turn out good if they can find a gem of a CB there in round 3.

I don't think anyone expected Rieff to still be on the board at 23

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


April 27th, 2012, 4:08 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2271
Post Re: O-line draft hypothetical...
agreed but the question is still valid. Many assumed wed get Jonathon Martin. So now weve got our OT in rd 1. If we could get Konz in 2 would you take him over a CB.

CB isd a bigger need, but for me it would depend on what CB is available. Konz would be a pretty sweet pick at 54.


April 27th, 2012, 4:14 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3260
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: O-line draft hypothetical...
DJ-B wrote:
agreed but the question is still valid. Many assumed wed get Jonathon Martin. So now weve got our OT in rd 1. If we could get Konz in 2 would you take him over a CB.

CB isd a bigger need, but for me it would depend on what CB is available. Konz would be a pretty sweet pick at 54.


I dont believe hes makes it to 54, but if he did jump on it. Absolutely jump on it.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


April 27th, 2012, 6:03 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9775
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: O-line draft hypothetical...
kdsberman wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
agreed but the question is still valid. Many assumed wed get Jonathon Martin. So now weve got our OT in rd 1. If we could get Konz in 2 would you take him over a CB.

CB isd a bigger need, but for me it would depend on what CB is available. Konz would be a pretty sweet pick at 54.


I dont believe hes makes it to 54, but if he did jump on it. Absolutely jump on it.


agree 1000%. You take players, not positions.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


April 27th, 2012, 6:44 am
Profile
Peewee Leaguer

Joined: November 26th, 2005, 5:18 pm
Posts: 46
Post Re: O-line draft hypothetical...
getting the replacement to 2 aging, im gonna throw up a little saying this, "cornerstones" of there offensive line would be very exciting. i bet stafford would be giddy too \:D/

_________________
We're buildin' this team right!


April 27th, 2012, 11:11 am
Profile
Color Commentator - John Madden
User avatar

Joined: January 19th, 2007, 3:21 am
Posts: 1919
Location: A2
Post Re: O-line draft hypothetical...
thauser wrote:
getting the replacement to 2 aging, im gonna throw up a little saying this, "cornerstones" of there offensive line would be very exciting. i bet stafford would be giddy too \:D/


Agree.

_________________
Forward down the field!


April 27th, 2012, 11:23 am
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post Re: O-line draft hypothetical...
I won't complain too much if Konz is the pick but I'd much rather have Ben Jones, Brandon Brooks, or Silatolu if we take OL in rd 2. I think I'm in the minority in thinking that Konz has been overrated all year.

_________________
Proud member of the Contract Extension for Schwartz Fan Club.


April 27th, 2012, 11:32 am
Profile
Color Commentator - John Madden
User avatar

Joined: January 19th, 2007, 3:21 am
Posts: 1919
Location: A2
Post Re: O-line draft hypothetical...
I wouldn't mind Silatolu or Brooks, but no way do you take Ben Jones over Peter Konz.

_________________
Forward down the field!


April 27th, 2012, 3:31 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2271
Post Re: O-line draft hypothetical...
Wayne Fontes wrote:
I wouldn't mind Silatolu or Brooks, but no way do you take Ben Jones over Peter Konz.


It may be Silatolu if he makes it to 54. I know it was Peter King who said it (lol) but AS was supposedly a serious target even at 23 for us, and you know we arent afraid of small school lineman as long as they dominated at thier level(SLH) and AS fits that mould perfectly. I dont think hell make it to 54 tho considering hes supposedly in the top 10 of remaining players, at least on the 4 letter networks player list.

Cordy Glenn, Konz, Silatolu or the BPA at CB, S, RB at 54. Let the draft come to you Mayhew.

Note: I would be Ok with a tradeup for JJ myself though, as I think he is a top 15 talent and I think his past issues are just that... past issues. Not interested in trading up for Anyone else though.


April 27th, 2012, 4:44 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.