View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 11:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 O-line draft hypothetical... 

Lions draft Peter Konz and Cordy Glynn in the first and 2nd round are you...?
Happy 100%  100%  [ 14 ]
Mad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14

O-line draft hypothetical... 
Position Coach

Post Re: O-line draft hypothetical...
thauser wrote:
Now that the lions drafted Reiff, do you still stand by your vote, to take a T and Peter Konz in the first and 2nd round?

Personally i think it would be a highly successful first 2 rounds. if they also can stay where they are in the 2nd round draft Konz at 54, keeping all there picks in later rounds could turn out good if they can find a gem of a CB there in round 3.

I don't think anyone expected Rieff to still be on the board at 23

April 27th, 2012, 4:08 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

agreed but the question is still valid. Many assumed wed get Jonathon Martin. So now weve got our OT in rd 1. If we could get Konz in 2 would you take him over a CB.

CB isd a bigger need, but for me it would depend on what CB is available. Konz would be a pretty sweet pick at 54.

April 27th, 2012, 4:14 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Team MVP

DJ-B wrote:
agreed but the question is still valid. Many assumed wed get Jonathon Martin. So now weve got our OT in rd 1. If we could get Konz in 2 would you take him over a CB.

CB isd a bigger need, but for me it would depend on what CB is available. Konz would be a pretty sweet pick at 54.

I dont believe hes makes it to 54, but if he did jump on it. Absolutely jump on it.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 27th, 2012, 6:03 am
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
DJ-B wrote:

I dont believe hes makes it to 54, but if he did jump on it. Absolutely jump on it.

agree 1000%. You take players, not positions.

April 27th, 2012, 6:44 am
Peewee Leaguer

getting the replacement to 2 aging, im gonna throw up a little saying this, "cornerstones" of there offensive line would be very exciting. i bet stafford would be giddy too \:D/

April 27th, 2012, 11:11 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

thauser wrote:
getting the replacement to 2 aging, im gonna throw up a little saying this, "cornerstones" of there offensive line would be very exciting. i bet stafford would be giddy too \:D/

Agree.

April 27th, 2012, 11:23 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I won't complain too much if Konz is the pick but I'd much rather have Ben Jones, Brandon Brooks, or Silatolu if we take OL in rd 2. I think I'm in the minority in thinking that Konz has been overrated all year.

April 27th, 2012, 11:32 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

I wouldn't mind Silatolu or Brooks, but no way do you take Ben Jones over Peter Konz.

April 27th, 2012, 3:31 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Wayne Fontes wrote:
I wouldn't mind Silatolu or Brooks, but no way do you take Ben Jones over Peter Konz.

It may be Silatolu if he makes it to 54. I know it was Peter King who said it (lol) but AS was supposedly a serious target even at 23 for us, and you know we arent afraid of small school lineman as long as they dominated at thier level(SLH) and AS fits that mould perfectly. I dont think hell make it to 54 tho considering hes supposedly in the top 10 of remaining players, at least on the 4 letter networks player list.

Cordy Glenn, Konz, Silatolu or the BPA at CB, S, RB at 54. Let the draft come to you Mayhew.

Note: I would be Ok with a tradeup for JJ myself though, as I think he is a top 15 talent and I think his past issues are just that... past issues. Not interested in trading up for Anyone else though.

April 27th, 2012, 4:44 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5