View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 1:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Lions select Dwight Bentley CB 3rd Round, Louisiana 
Varsity Captain

Post Lions select Dwight Bentley CB 3rd Round, Louisiana
Finally got some D.

April 27th, 2012, 10:36 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Lions select Dwight Bentley CB 3rd Round, Louisiana
I'm OK with this one. Liked Massie as value here and had Norman ahead of him at CB but not bad value with Bently and position of need.

April 27th, 2012, 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

did the lions want RB bernard pierce with this pick? noticed that the ravens jumped in front us and took pierce. bentley seems like a much better 3rd rd cb pick than spievey, stanley wilson, keith smith that we ve taken in recent years

April 27th, 2012, 10:50 pm
League MVP

where is allenslions? he told us that lamar miller was No 2 on the Lions big board and they ve now passed on him 3 times.

April 27th, 2012, 10:51 pm
All State

Bentley attended school with Jenkins .. in Pahokee

April 27th, 2012, 10:53 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

The Legend wrote:
where is allenslions? he told us that lamar miller was No 2 on the Lions big board and they ve now passed on him 3 times.

Miller still not picked by anyone. Curious if he was one of the 3 unnamed players that failed drug tests out of the 6 that did at the combine.

I like the Bently pick. Compared to Grimes by some. He's a good ball skill corner that rose to the competition. Played well against Blackmon and at the Senior Bowl. Displaces Smith and McDonald.

April 27th, 2012, 11:05 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

my draft mag goes somthing like this.

5-10 175

fluid quick cover corner with good closing speed. Ball hawk who gets burned on double moves (ala alphonso) could be very good nickel corner.... :-k

April 27th, 2012, 11:07 pm
RIP Killer

I don't mind the Bentley pick too much. He's not too tall, which bothers me. He seems to be fluid...and least that's what I remember of him when he worked out. But since I am not much of a Louisiane-Lafayette follower, I didn't get to see him on the field.

Now let's get a safety.

April 28th, 2012, 7:48 am
League MVP

i think they are getting a veteran safety after the draft. slim pickings in this draft.

April 28th, 2012, 10:17 am
Heisman Winner

jedi~outcast wrote:
my draft mag goes somthing like this.

5-10 175

fluid quick cover corner with good closing speed. Ball hawk who gets burned on double moves (ala alphonso) could be very good nickel corner.... :-k

I actually favor nickle corners more in the Alphonso type of mold. They are going to get beat but they can also be a game changer when you need it the most. Watching film on this guy, he is quite fluid although undersized.

I really like Grimes and if he got to this level, this would be a steal in the 3rd.

PFW's draft profile had him as a 2nd-3rd rounder:

http://youtu.be/UL_IqVm_RY8

April 28th, 2012, 10:34 am
The Legend wrote:

He's been wrong on so much sh!t it's disgusting. He also said we wouldn't pass on Whitney Mercelius if he were available, and he said that Dre Kirkpatrick would DEFINITELY be there when we picked, I disagreed, again, I was right without his "insider info"... I've posted my thoughts on the guy, and I stand by them.

That said, I would have rather drafted Miller here and taken Boynkins or Ron Brooks later in the draft

April 28th, 2012, 2:49 pm
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:

He's been wrong on so much sh!t it's disgusting. He also said we wouldn't pass on Whitney Mercelius if he were available, and he said that Dre Kirkpatrick would DEFINITELY be there when we picked, I disagreed, again, I was right without his "insider info"... I've posted my thoughts on the guy, and I stand by them.

That said, I would have rather drafted Miller here and taken Boynkins or Ron Brooks later in the draft

Though i am a big supporter of Allenslions, I do question the "Love" for Lamar Miller, only to pass on him time and time again. And Vinny Curry too. I really would like to know what went on in the war room.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 28th, 2012, 7:53 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Though i am a big supporter of Allenslions, I do question the "Love" for Lamar Miller, only to pass on him time and time again. And Vinny Curry too. I really would like to know what went on in the war room.

Seeing how far he fell, I wouldn't be surprised if something came out in the run up to the draft.

April 28th, 2012, 8:13 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I heard that Miller fell because he is football illiterate.

April 28th, 2012, 11:21 pm
Veteran General Manager

Stallion wrote:
I heard that Miller fell because he is football illiterate.

I heard an interview with him on Sirius NFL Radio a few days ago. And I can believe the football illiterate idea. Because he sounds dumber than a box of rocks when he speaks. He is so bad at even being able to talk that they pretty much cut the interview short.

April 28th, 2012, 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next