View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 4:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Draft Day 3 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Draft Day 3
Looking forward to it...Mayhew and co. seem pretty good at finding gems in the later rounds. Now if only we had our 6th rounder. :evil:

April 28th, 2012, 8:00 am
Water Boy

Post Re: Draft Day 3
Fingers crossed for josh norman, or trade up for chase minnefield

or theres linebacker nigel bradham, guy is a missile

April 28th, 2012, 9:30 am
Towel Boy

There's no reason to second guess what MM/JS are doing they've got it goin in the right direction and it's the first time since the beginning of the Bill Ford era that he finally got the management team right.

April 28th, 2012, 9:54 am
All State

I like David Molk , maybe cause I'm a homer , but hey w/e .. It's a lot of good RB's still on the board, Edwin Baker , although a Spartan , I feel cold be a major get in the later rounds , if they continue to stick to the method which they are using , I dont feel as if we will have a bad day @ all .

April 28th, 2012, 10:03 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

RBs - Lamar Miller/Chris Polk (rd 4) or Robert Turbin (4-5). Have to think Miller and Polk will come off the board quickly, Polk is a complete back, Miller is explosive. Turbin is lesser known but big, strong, tough and much quicker and faster than people give him credit for.

OT - Bobbie Massie. His stock seemed to be rising into Rd 1 or early Rd 2 in the mock draft world. Not sure if there is a red flag or if the Lions are done on the OL for this draft.

QB - I like Dan Persa or Aaron Corp in the UDFA market

WR/KR - would we take another one? maybe someone who could return kicks. I doubt it with the KO rules but Joe Adams as strictly a KR/PR, or Marquis Maze and Keyshawn Martin with a chance to contribute on offense down the road as well. Lions likely wont draft another WR but undrafted Demarlo Belcher (good player on garbage Indiana teams but with some off field stuff),

OLB - Keenan Robinson. IMO slightly less of an athlete than Zach Brown but with better size and a more instinctive and fundamentally sound football player that could cover some TEs, be okay vs the run and just needs to get better rushing the passer.

CB - still some decent players left. Brandon Boykin only question is size, Chase Minnifield, Coryell Judie also decent options. Will Chris Greenwood from ALbion get drafted? Never seen him play but there is buzz about his size (6'1) and explosive pro day numbers at UM. Dennard from Nebraska is very talented if we ve made a determination on whether or not his head is on straight he could be a difference maker.

S - Antonio Allen/Markelle Martin/George Iloka - I dont really like any of them, Allen would be my choice for the Lions if just trying to fill a need but these are the next projected S to go off the board.

DE - There are some decent DEs left and Taylor Thompson might be more of a 3-4 end and not really the strict pass rusher typer the Lions like but I think he will be a good player for someone. Jack Crawford Penn State could be a late developmental type of pick to work with on the Practice Squad.

P - could we take one in Rd 7. Drew Butler is pretty good.

April 28th, 2012, 11:03 am
All State

I dont like chase , he's injury prone ..

April 28th, 2012, 12:13 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Lions trade down to #30 w/ 49ers for the 4th rd pick!

They get a 6th rd pick.

April 28th, 2012, 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
All State

Great pick in Ronnell Lewis . day one contributor , especially on ST .

April 28th, 2012, 1:57 pm
All State

Yep we got Greenwood . I like that pick .

April 28th, 2012, 2:34 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I like the Greenwood pick too. I didn't know where he was going to end up, roundwise, but I'm glad he ended up with the Leo's. Think he can be a steal. I heard that after his selection, the Albion.edu website crashed from all the traffic. The power of the NFL right there!

April 30th, 2012, 4:06 pm
LionFan57 wrote:
Lions trade down to #30 w/ 49ers for the 4th rd pick!

They get a 6th rd pick.

We got hosed on this deal, big time. I would rather we had traded back up to around this spot than traded out of this spot. Ron Brooks, Boynkins, and Martin were all players that I would have liked to see us take in the 4th. Brooks is a set it on fire KR/PR guy that I would have loved to have for special teams alone, but he was also buried on the depth chart of a very good CB corps. I think he could also be a very good nickel back. Boynkins, IMO, is AT LEAST a good/great nickel CB right now, and could be more than that. I'm really disappointed we missed out on him. I really feel like he, along with Miller, Massie, Ben Jones, and Ta 'Amu were the real 4th round gems, and we had a chance at one and blew it over a 6th round garbage pick that may not make the team (in fact, it almost seems likely that he won't make the team).

April 30th, 2012, 6:27 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I didn't like that they traded out, especially since in the 5th round they had to give up a 2013 4th.

I wasn't that excited about Brandon Boykin. He's smaller and had durability/injury issues in college, and we already drafted our next punt returner in the 2nd round. ](*,)

May 1st, 2012, 9:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]