View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 6:38 am



Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post Re: Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman
njroar wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
I really don't believe that he was getting his faced smashed into concrete.

Have you ever seen that happen? His face would be pretty ****ed up, likely with a broken nose, etc.

That said, maybe it happened maybe it didn't. I really don't like people jumping to strong conclusions one way or the other.


He wasn't getting his face smashed in, he was punched (and he did get a broken nose) and then the back of his head was bashed against the concrete, hence the photos of his head bleeding from behind.

Just seeing how easy it was for you to read that wrong shows how easy it has been for NBC and CNN to push this as a racial dividing point.



I agree njroar! This 'agenda based news coverage' is what bothers me most of all. The public gets brainwashed and never sees it coming. They believe what they see & hear to be the true facts. It even makes getting an unbiased jury pool next to impossible.

_________________
Image


April 29th, 2012, 6:49 am
Profile WWW
Position Coach

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2125
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman
LionFan57 wrote:
Watch the news on this subject today.

BTW, I belive you have the weight of these two completely wrong. Martin is much bigger than Zimmerman.



Image

is this supposed to be funny? And Martin was not even close to being as big as zimmerman, just taller. 6'2 140LBs is not big at all. I don't care who's side your on but a kid dying does'nt really make for a funny meme

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


April 29th, 2012, 1:17 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post Re: Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman
Killwill25 wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
Watch the news on this subject today.

BTW, I belive you have the weight of these two completely wrong. Martin is much bigger than Zimmerman.



Image

is this supposed to be funny? And Martin was not even close to being as big as zimmerman, just taller. 6'2 140LBs is not big at all. I don't care who's side your on but a kid dying does'nt really make for a funny meme


1) I didn't create this picture I just posted it.

2) It is funny; yet sad at the same time. (some would call it irony). The left side depicts EXACTLY how CNN characterized the two individuals at the onset of this ordeal. Thus my distrust and criticism of the liberal media in general.

3) As far as the weight of the two involved I've heard numbers for each that are all over the board. Even Martin being 225 lbs. I don't know what the weight of either is and you don't know any more than I do. Furthermore, I don't care what the weight is of either party. Martin was on top of Zimmerman pounding his head into the cement. There's at least 1 (I believe 2) that corroborate that same testimony of Zimmerman.

4) I was not, nor have I ever, made fun of Martin's death.

5) I think you're missing much of the point in this thread. Martin's death is merely the catalyst to the discussions of a) Gun law; b) Self defense laws; c) Media bias; d) Racial divide; e) etc.

_________________
Image


April 29th, 2012, 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Position Coach

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2125
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman
I'm not missing the point. I don't see the death of a kid "as merely a catalyst" for crap. I see it as just that, a teen died and it's sad. I'm not on either side. And you can look at the pictures that YOU posted and see that he was smaller than Zimmerman. 225LBs? GTFOH. I don't care about politics

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


April 29th, 2012, 2:42 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post Re: Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman
Killwill25 wrote:
I'm not missing the point. I don't see the death of a kid "as merely a catalyst" for crap. I see it as just that, a teen died and it's sad. I'm not on either side. And you can look at the pictures that YOU posted and see that he was smaller than Zimmerman. 225LBs? GTFOH. I don't care about politics



You should think more. The pictures weren't taken the day before the incident; you don't know when they were taken. You can't draw any conclusions from the pictures alone. What you can conclude is the way the media tried to shape peoples thoughts about the ordeal.

Kids are shot and killed every day; yes that's sad - but it's rarely newsworthy. The events surrounding THIS case are what make it interesting and a subject of discussion.

_________________
Image


April 29th, 2012, 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Position Coach

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2125
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman
LionFan57 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
I'm not missing the point. I don't see the death of a kid "as merely a catalyst" for crap. I see it as just that, a teen died and it's sad. I'm not on either side. And you can look at the pictures that YOU posted and see that he was smaller than Zimmerman. 225LBs? GTFOH. I don't care about politics



You should think more. The pictures weren't taken the day before the incident; you don't know when they were taken. You can't draw any conclusions from the pictures alone. What you can conclude is the way the media tried to shape peoples thoughts about the ordeal.

Kids are shot and killed every day; yes that's sad - but it's rarely newsworthy. The events surrounding THIS case are what make it interesting and a subject of discussion.

OK because I did'nt think your stupid meme was funny, I don't think? I just want to know where you got 225lbs(please show me this info) from and if you really think he put on 80lbs between that picture and his time of death. I did'nt come to argue politics. We all have our opinion and I understand both sides. What really happened is between those two. Once again, I just thought the meme was dumb and saying that the kid was much bigger is an uneducated lie.

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


April 29th, 2012, 8:00 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2713
Post Re: Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman
Killwill25 wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
I'm not missing the point. I don't see the death of a kid "as merely a catalyst" for crap. I see it as just that, a teen died and it's sad. I'm not on either side. And you can look at the pictures that YOU posted and see that he was smaller than Zimmerman. 225LBs? GTFOH. I don't care about politics



You should think more. The pictures weren't taken the day before the incident; you don't know when they were taken. You can't draw any conclusions from the pictures alone. What you can conclude is the way the media tried to shape peoples thoughts about the ordeal.

Kids are shot and killed every day; yes that's sad - but it's rarely newsworthy. The events surrounding THIS case are what make it interesting and a subject of discussion.

OK because I did'nt think your stupid meme was funny, I don't think? I just want to know where you got 225lbs(please show me this info) from and if you really think he put on 80lbs between that picture and his time of death. I did'nt come to argue politics. We all have our opinion and I understand both sides. What really happened is between those two. Once again, I just thought the meme was dumb and saying that the kid was much bigger is an uneducated lie.


The picture of Trayvon on the left was him at the age of 12. That was the one the family put out and the media was going around using to show him as a small boy compared to Zimmerman. All the photomeme is saying is that misrespresentation ran rampant in this story from the start. Regardless of actual weight or size of either party, the photos released (by both sides) told a story that matched the narrative they were trying to push. Narrative drove this story, not facts. The facts aren't completely known yet. Anyone that has picked a side is just buying into the narrative.


April 29th, 2012, 8:52 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post Re: Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman
Killwill25 wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
I'm not missing the point. I don't see the death of a kid "as merely a catalyst" for crap. I see it as just that, a teen died and it's sad. I'm not on either side. And you can look at the pictures that YOU posted and see that he was smaller than Zimmerman. 225LBs? GTFOH. I don't care about politics



You should think more. The pictures weren't taken the day before the incident; you don't know when they were taken. You can't draw any conclusions from the pictures alone. What you can conclude is the way the media tried to shape peoples thoughts about the ordeal.

Kids are shot and killed every day; yes that's sad - but it's rarely newsworthy. The events surrounding THIS case are what make it interesting and a subject of discussion.

OK because I did'nt think your stupid meme was funny, I don't think? I just want to know where you got 225lbs(please show me this info) from and if you really think he put on 80lbs between that picture and his time of death. I did'nt come to argue politics. We all have our opinion and I understand both sides. What really happened is between those two. Once again, I just thought the meme was dumb and saying that the kid was much bigger is an uneducated lie.



You really DON'T get it! You're either stupid or you're trying to pick a fight. In either event you're not thinking thru the point of any of this.

1) As I said in the earlier post "I've heard numbers for each that are all over the board. Even Martin being 225 lbs." I don't recall where I read that and I refuse to look for it. I didn't even say I believed it - I said their weights (and heights for that matter) are reported 'all over the board'. I DON'T KNOW WHAT EITHER ONE WEIGHS. Neither do you! And, I don't care!!

2) The pictures are not current! Therefore, you can't draw a conclusion as to what they weighed the day of the incident. I do know that the picture of Martin on the left was him at age 12 or 13. It was used to make people like you think he's this smiling, small, perfectly innocent child. People who don't think enough, believe that's the kid that was killed. I got bad news for you... the version of Martin on the right is a closer image to Martin @ age 17.

3) I have an opinion and it's different than yours. I think Martin attacked Zimmerman and he got killed for it. If that's actually the case then Martin deserved the bullet that he got. Ignoring reports and testimony that Martin was on top of Zimmermen is your foolishness. And you clearly don't understand both sides. But in the end I don't care if Martin is the victim or the assailant.

4) You think the post was dumb; that's your choice. I think you don't understand it, or, you don't want to understand it. But again, I don't care which it is.

5) You didn't come to debate the politics - I did! I think the politics are more intriguing and stimulating conversation than mourning over one more dead kid that we can't do anything about.

_________________
Image


April 29th, 2012, 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
Position Coach

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2125
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman
Quote:
You really DON'T get it! You're either stupid or you're trying to pick a fight. In either event you're not thinking thru the point of any of this.

1) As I said in the earlier post "I've heard numbers for each that are all over the board. Even Martin being 225 lbs." I don't recall where I read that and I refuse to look for it. I didn't even say I believed it - I said their weights (and heights for that matter) are reported 'all over the board'. I DON'T KNOW WHAT EITHER ONE WEIGHS. Neither do you! And, I don't care!!

2) The pictures are not current! Therefore, you can't draw a conclusion as to what they weighed the day of the incident. I do know that the picture of Martin on the left was him at age 12 or 13. It was used to make people like you think he's this smiling, small, perfectly innocent child. People who don't think enough, believe that's the kid that was killed. I got bad news for you... the version of Martin on the right is a closer image to Martin @ age 17.

3) I have an opinion and it's different than yours. I think Martin attacked Zimmerman and he got killed for it. If that's actually the case then Martin deserved the bullet that he got. Ignoring reports and testimony that Martin was on top of Zimmermen is your foolishness. And you clearly don't understand both sides. But in the end I don't care if Martin is the victim or the assailant.

4) You think the post was dumb; that's your choice. I think you don't understand it, or, you don't want to understand it. But again, I don't care which it is.

5) You didn't come to debate the politics - I did! I think the politics are more intriguing and stimulating conversation than mourning over one more dead kid that we can't do anything about.
I never once said who was wrong or right. You don't know what my opinion is so go ahead and get mad if you want to. I even said "no one knows what happened but those two" so therefore I won't pretend I do(LIKE YOU). I understand the post it states what each side of this people want to believe. One side sees the kid as innocent and one does'nt. I don't need a meme to tell me that. I still think it's dumb. The fact that you e-insulted me is hilarious assuming you are as old as I think you are.

PS even the kid on the right does'nt look an oz over 160lbs.

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


April 29th, 2012, 10:00 pm
Profile
Post Re: Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman
I don't know why people are so caught up on weight. Zimmerman looks like the Pilsberry Dough Boy, and Martin was definitely cut and in shape. I don't care if some fat, lazy, out-of-shape tub of lard gets mad at me and wants to fight me, even if he out weighs me by 50-60lbs. I'll whoop his rectum up and down the street. Size doesn't mean that much when you're talking about one person that's not in shape and one person that is.


April 29th, 2012, 10:44 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer
User avatar

Joined: August 9th, 2004, 1:51 am
Posts: 235
Location: kalamazoo,mi
Post Re: Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I don't know why people are so caught up on weight. Zimmerman looks like the Pilsberry Dough Boy, and Martin was definitely cut and in shape. I don't care if some fat, lazy, out-of-shape tub of lard gets mad at me and wants to fight me, even if he out weighs me by 50-60lbs. I'll whoop his rectum up and down the street. Size doesn't mean that much when you're talking about one person that's not in shape and one person that is.


It also doesn't mean that much when one has a gun. A gun makes you very large.

Frok

_________________
I feel more like I do now than when I first got here.


April 30th, 2012, 7:56 pm
Profile
Post Re: Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman
frok wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I don't know why people are so caught up on weight. Zimmerman looks like the Pilsberry Dough Boy, and Martin was definitely cut and in shape. I don't care if some fat, lazy, out-of-shape tub of lard gets mad at me and wants to fight me, even if he out weighs me by 50-60lbs. I'll whoop his rectum up and down the street. Size doesn't mean that much when you're talking about one person that's not in shape and one person that is.


It also doesn't mean that much when one has a gun. A gun makes you very large.

Frok



Oh, no doubt, and that's ultimately what "won the fight" for Zimmerman, it's a helluva tipping point, but that's not the issue. The issue is 1) whether or not Zimmerman was actually attacked (which it sounds like he was) 2) whether or not Zimmerman felt reasonably threatened, and 3) whether or not Zimmerman was justified in using his weapon.


April 30th, 2012, 9:07 pm
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post Re: Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman
ABC News.com wrote:
Zimmerman Medical Report Shows Broken Nose, Lacerations After Trayvon Martin Shooting
By MATT GUTMAN (@mattgutmanABC) and SENI TIENABESO (@senijr_abc)
May 15, 2012


Image
George Zimmerman appears for a bond hearing with his attorney Mark O'Mara, left, at the John E. Polk Correctional Facility on April 12, 2012 in Sanford, Fla.
(Gary W. Green/Orlando Sentinel/Pool/AP Photo)



A medical report compiled by the family physician of accused Trayvon Martin murderer George Zimmerman and obtained exclusively by ABC News found that Zimmerman was diagnosed with a "closed fracture" of his nose, a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury the day after he fatally shot Martin during an alleged altercation.

Zimmerman faces a second degree murder charge for the Feb. 26 shooting that left the unarmed 17-year-old high school junior dead. Zimmerman has claimed self defense in what he described as a life and death struggle that Martin initiated by accosting him, punching him in the face, then repeatedly bashing his head into the pavement.

Also today, a trove of documents are being examined by lawyers for both the defense and prosecution as part of discovery in Zimmerman's trial -- including 67 CDs worth of documents, video of Martin on the night of the shooting, his autopsy report and videos of Zimmerman's questioning by police.

Zimmerman's three-page medical report is included in those documents that the defense could use as evidence.

Watch World News with Diane Sawyer for the latest on the Trayvon Martin shooting and the trial of George Zimmerman.

The morning after the shooting, on Feb. 27, Zimmerman sought treatment at the offices of a general physician at a family practice near Sanford, Fla. The doctor notes Zimmerman sought an appointment to get legal clearance to return to work.

The record shows that Zimmerman also suffered bruising in the upper lip and cheek and lower back pain. The two lacerations on the back of his head, one of them nearly an inch long, the other about a quarter-inch long, were first revealed in photos obtained exclusively by ABC News last month.

But the report also shows Zimmerman declined hospitalization the night of the shooting, and then declined the advice of his doctor to make a follow-up appointment with an ear nose and throat doctor.

In addition to his physical injuries, Zimmerman complained of stress and "occasional nausea when thinking about the violence." But he was not diagnosed with a concussion. The doctor noted that it was "imperative" that Zimmerman "be seen with [sic] his psychologist for evaluation."

According to the report, prior to the shooting Zimmerman had been prescribed Adderall and Temazepam, medications that can cause side effects such as agitation and mood swings, but in fewer than 10 percent of patients.

A neighbor told ABC News that the day after the shooting he saw Zimmerman as he spoke to officers outside his home. He too recalled seeing black eyes and significant swelling -- as well as a bandage over his nose.

Moments after the shooting Zimmerman told eyewitnesses he shot Martin in self defense. He later told officers his head was being pounded into the pavement and that he feared for his life, but that it was only when Martin seemed to reach for the gun wedges in his waistband that Zimmerman drew his weapon and fired directly into Martin's chest -- killing him.

The medical notes may bolster Zimmerman's claim that he acted in self-defense because he was being attacked. However, the prosecution contends that Zimmerman instigated the confrontation after profiling the teen, who was walking home after buying skittles and ice tea. They prosecution says Martin was breaking no laws and was not disturbing anyone as he walked back to his father's girlfriend's home.

Zimmerman was granted a $150,000 bail and has since been in deep hiding since his April 20 bail hearing.


http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerm ... 7N3ssVQSxU



This arrest and pending trial is a travesty of justice.

_________________
Image


May 16th, 2012, 6:03 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9250
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman
LionFan57 wrote:
This arrest and pending trial is a travesty of justice.


Someone was shot and killed, I think that deserves an arrest and trial. If he is innocent, let that play out in court. I don't see any "travesty" of justice but rather the process playing out as it should.

I also certainly don't think we know all the facts yet, can we not without judgement until a jury hears them all?

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


May 16th, 2012, 11:07 am
Profile WWW
Post Re: Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman
Pablo wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
This arrest and pending trial is a travesty of justice.


Someone was shot and killed, I think that deserves an arrest and trial. If he is innocent, let that play out in court. I don't see any "travesty" of justice but rather the process playing out as it should.

I also certainly don't think we know all the facts yet, can we not without judgement until a jury hears them all?


People are shot in self-defense all the time, and not arrested and no trial. IMO the "travesty of justice" is that he likely wouldn't even be tried if it weren't for the media making a big deal out of this case.


May 16th, 2012, 12:45 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.