View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 2:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 UDFA Signings 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post UDFA Signings
Lions so far have signed:

Kellen Moore (!), QB, Boise St.

Derek Dimke, K, Illinois

April 28th, 2012, 8:02 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Post Re: UDFA Signings
mwill2 wrote:

Derek Dimke, K, Illinois

Worth taking a shot on as a #3. The guy was pretty successful.

This is one area I always feel like the Lions could do more with. Hopefully they have a good time of it this year, bring in a few RBs to check out etc...

April 28th, 2012, 11:34 pm
Afghan Allstar

SimplePoster wrote:
mwill2 wrote:

Derek Dimke, K, Illinois

Worth taking a shot on as a #3. The guy was pretty successful.

This is one area I always feel like the Lions could do more with. Hopefully they have a good time of it this year, bring in a few RBs to check out etc...

Pretty successful??? He was the winningest college QB ever. Lost 3 games by a combined total of 5 points. Obviously he played on a quirky offense, but that's success.

April 29th, 2012, 7:04 am
Heisman Winner

Chris McCosky--Detnews

The Lions did indeed grab their No. 3 quarterback quickly after the draft ended Saturday. They reached a deal with Boise State quarterback Kellen Moore. It’s an intriguing choice because he’s so different than their top two quarterbacks, Matthew Stafford and Shaun Hill.

Moore is shorter (6-0), left-handed and played in a wide-open, rollout oriented offense. But you cannot dispute his production.

Here are the other undrafted free agents the Lions have apparently come to terms with: OG Rodney Austin, Elon; LB Carmen Messing, New Mexico; OL J.C. Oram, Weber State; LB Ronnie Sneed, Kentucky; and K Derek Dimke, Illinois.

April 29th, 2012, 10:46 am
NFL Team Captain

Unofficial list:

Detroit Lions
Derek Dimke, K, Illinois
Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State
Patrick Edwards, WR, Houston
J.C. Oram, OG, Weber St
Rodney Austin, OG, Elon
Carmen Messina, LB, New Mexico
Ronnie Sneed, ILB, Kentucky
Quinn Barham, OL, Penn St
Jared Karstetter, WR, Washington St
Michael Cosgrove, DT, Idaho
Monte Lewis, DE, Jacksonville St
Sam Proctor, SAF, Oklahoma
Alex Gottlieb, TE, William & Mary

April 29th, 2012, 11:28 am
Bubbles the Lion

TNLionsFanatic wrote:
Unofficial list:

Detroit Lions
Derek Dimke, K, Illinois
Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State
Patrick Edwards, WR, Houston
J.C. Oram, OG, Weber St
Rodney Austin, OG, Elon
Carmen Messina, LB, New Mexico
Ronnie Sneed, ILB, Kentucky
Quinn Barham, OL, Penn St
Jared Karstetter, WR, Washington St
Michael Cosgrove, DT, Idaho
Monte Lewis, DE, Jacksonville St
Sam Proctor, SAF, Oklahoma
Alex Gottlieb, TE, William & Mary

I am drawing a blank on what the hell SAF would be.

And no RB's at all? I thought they'd bring in one or 2 in case Best and/or Leshoure isn't ready for the beginning of the year.

April 29th, 2012, 1:08 pm
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

LioneeR wrote:

And no RB's at all? I thought they'd bring in one or 2 in case Best and/or Leshoure isn't ready for the beginning of the year.

Seriously? No clue at all?

Blueskies is my hero. I worship the ground he walks on.

April 29th, 2012, 1:52 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Not one RB? :question:

I guess they're not at all concerned about the ability or health status crew they have in place. I'm a little surprised.

April 29th, 2012, 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

TruckinMack wrote:
LioneeR wrote:

Seriously? No clue at all?

Looked it up. He is a DB. SO i guess that means Safety. I have never seen it abbreviated like that.... lol

April 29th, 2012, 2:53 pm
NFL Veteran

LionFan57 wrote:

I guess they're not at all concerned about the ability or health status crew they have in place. I'm a little surprised.

They are probably just going to wait and see if a decent veteran comes available after some cuts start happening.

April 29th, 2012, 2:56 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

rao wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

They are probably just going to wait and see if a decent veteran comes available after some cuts start happening.

Here you go: Stephfon Green from Penn State signed UDFA contract with Lions today. He was suspended much of 2011 but later reinstated. Has had some injury issues but allegedly can run a 4.24 40 yd-dash (ran 4.43 at his pro day--still very fast). Off-field concerns hindered PSU career and draft status.

April 30th, 2012, 10:50 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

mwill2 wrote:
rao wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

Here you go: Stephfon Green from Penn State signed UDFA contract with Lions today. He was suspended much of 2011 but later reinstated. Has had some injury issues but allegedly can run a 4.24 40 yd-dash (ran 4.43 at his pro day--still very fast). Off-field concerns hindered PSU career and draft status.

Looks like Aaron Brown 2.0.

April 30th, 2012, 3:11 pm
mwill2 wrote:
rao wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

Direct replacement for Javid Best?

April 30th, 2012, 6:32 pm
RIP Killer

What were the off-field issues?

Watching him, I'd say he's far more talented than Aaron Brown was. Brown had no lateral cut ability, but this kid does. He also accelerates through the hole like he's been shot through a cannon. Brown took time getting to his second gear. I think the Lions may look at this kid as their fourth back, and ask him to be their kick returner as well.

Pros: Great speed, good stop/start ability, good lateral movement, shows patience waiting for blockers behind the line, seems to have pretty good vision to find a small hole and get through it, talented as a receiver out of the backfield.

Cons: Lacks power, doesn't bounce off tacklers but instead gets engulfed by them, tends to run upright at times

April 30th, 2012, 7:23 pm
m2karateman wrote:
What were the off-field issues?

Watching him, I'd say he's far more talented than Aaron Brown was. Brown had no lateral cut ability, but this kid does. He also accelerates through the hole like he's been shot through a cannon. Brown took time getting to his second gear. I think the Lions may look at this kid as their fourth back, and ask him to be their kick returner as well.

Pros: Great speed, good stop/start ability, good lateral movement, shows patience waiting for blockers behind the line, seems to have pretty good vision to find a small hole and get through it, talented as a receiver out of the backfield.

Cons: Lacks power, doesn't bounce off tacklers but instead gets engulfed by them, tends to run upright at times

He had issues with Joe Pa. Showing up late, thinking he deserved playing time that may have been unwarranted, feeling "entitled" and getting by with natural ability vs. having to work for it, and otherwise being a disgruntled bug in the locker-room. I don't know what else, but that's what the buzz was at PSU when I went to the last UofM game there.

April 30th, 2012, 9:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next