View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 2:51 am



Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 UDFA Signings 
Author Message
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post UDFA Signings
Lions so far have signed:

Kellen Moore (!), QB, Boise St.

Derek Dimke, K, Illinois

_________________
Proud member of the Contract Extension for Schwartz Fan Club.


April 28th, 2012, 8:02 pm
Profile
Div 1 - Starter

Joined: April 1st, 2007, 11:31 pm
Posts: 532
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Post Re: UDFA Signings
mwill2 wrote:
Lions so far have signed:

Kellen Moore (!), QB, Boise St.

Derek Dimke, K, Illinois


Worth taking a shot on as a #3. The guy was pretty successful.

This is one area I always feel like the Lions could do more with. Hopefully they have a good time of it this year, bring in a few RBs to check out etc...

_________________
Adopted Lion: Brandon Pettigrew-Soon to be a huge supporter of the Stickum black market


April 28th, 2012, 11:34 pm
Profile
Afghan Allstar
User avatar

Joined: January 9th, 2006, 1:16 pm
Posts: 564
Location: San Diego, CA
Post Re: UDFA Signings
SimplePoster wrote:
mwill2 wrote:
Lions so far have signed:

Kellen Moore (!), QB, Boise St.

Derek Dimke, K, Illinois


Worth taking a shot on as a #3. The guy was pretty successful.

This is one area I always feel like the Lions could do more with. Hopefully they have a good time of it this year, bring in a few RBs to check out etc...


Pretty successful??? He was the winningest college QB ever. Lost 3 games by a combined total of 5 points. Obviously he played on a quirky offense, but that's success.


April 29th, 2012, 7:04 am
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: March 28th, 2005, 7:50 pm
Posts: 805
Location: Burbs of De-town
Post Re: UDFA Signings
Chris McCosky--Detnews

The Lions did indeed grab their No. 3 quarterback quickly after the draft ended Saturday. They reached a deal with Boise State quarterback Kellen Moore. It’s an intriguing choice because he’s so different than their top two quarterbacks, Matthew Stafford and Shaun Hill.

Moore is shorter (6-0), left-handed and played in a wide-open, rollout oriented offense. But you cannot dispute his production.

Here are the other undrafted free agents the Lions have apparently come to terms with: OG Rodney Austin, Elon; LB Carmen Messing, New Mexico; OL J.C. Oram, Weber State; LB Ronnie Sneed, Kentucky; and K Derek Dimke, Illinois.


April 29th, 2012, 10:46 am
Profile
NFL Team Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 6:07 pm
Posts: 1589
Location: Watching Football
Post Re: UDFA Signings
Unofficial list:

Detroit Lions
Derek Dimke, K, Illinois
Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State
Patrick Edwards, WR, Houston
J.C. Oram, OG, Weber St
Rodney Austin, OG, Elon
Carmen Messina, LB, New Mexico
Ronnie Sneed, ILB, Kentucky
Quinn Barham, OL, Penn St
Jared Karstetter, WR, Washington St
Michael Cosgrove, DT, Idaho
Monte Lewis, DE, Jacksonville St
Sam Proctor, SAF, Oklahoma
Alex Gottlieb, TE, William & Mary

_________________
Lions Fan since King Kong was a Spider Monkey!


April 29th, 2012, 11:28 am
Profile
Bubbles the Lion

Joined: January 2nd, 2011, 8:12 pm
Posts: 57
Post Re: UDFA Signings
TNLionsFanatic wrote:
Unofficial list:

Detroit Lions
Derek Dimke, K, Illinois
Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State
Patrick Edwards, WR, Houston
J.C. Oram, OG, Weber St
Rodney Austin, OG, Elon
Carmen Messina, LB, New Mexico
Ronnie Sneed, ILB, Kentucky
Quinn Barham, OL, Penn St
Jared Karstetter, WR, Washington St
Michael Cosgrove, DT, Idaho
Monte Lewis, DE, Jacksonville St
Sam Proctor, SAF, Oklahoma
Alex Gottlieb, TE, William & Mary


I am drawing a blank on what the hell SAF would be.

And no RB's at all? I thought they'd bring in one or 2 in case Best and/or Leshoure isn't ready for the beginning of the year.


April 29th, 2012, 1:08 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1194
Post Re: UDFA Signings
LioneeR wrote:
I am drawing a blank on what the hell SAF would be.

And no RB's at all? I thought they'd bring in one or 2 in case Best and/or Leshoure isn't ready for the beginning of the year.

Seriously? No clue at all?

_________________
01/21/14:Blueskies may emote like a 14 year old girl, but he had the stones to take a bet no other Lionbacker would take. For that he has my total admiration.

Blueskies is my hero. I worship the ground he walks on.


April 29th, 2012, 1:52 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post Re: UDFA Signings
Not one RB? :question:

I guess they're not at all concerned about the ability or health status crew they have in place. I'm a little surprised.

_________________
Image


April 29th, 2012, 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

Joined: January 2nd, 2011, 8:12 pm
Posts: 57
Post Re: UDFA Signings
TruckinMack wrote:
LioneeR wrote:
I am drawing a blank on what the hell SAF would be.

And no RB's at all? I thought they'd bring in one or 2 in case Best and/or Leshoure isn't ready for the beginning of the year.

Seriously? No clue at all?


Looked it up. He is a DB. SO i guess that means Safety. I have never seen it abbreviated like that.... lol


April 29th, 2012, 2:53 pm
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1353
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: UDFA Signings
LionFan57 wrote:
Not one RB? :question:

I guess they're not at all concerned about the ability or health status crew they have in place. I'm a little surprised.


They are probably just going to wait and see if a decent veteran comes available after some cuts start happening.


April 29th, 2012, 2:56 pm
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post Re: UDFA Signings
rao wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
Not one RB? :question:

I guess they're not at all concerned about the ability or health status crew they have in place. I'm a little surprised.


They are probably just going to wait and see if a decent veteran comes available after some cuts start happening.


Here you go: Stephfon Green from Penn State signed UDFA contract with Lions today. He was suspended much of 2011 but later reinstated. Has had some injury issues but allegedly can run a 4.24 40 yd-dash (ran 4.43 at his pro day--still very fast). Off-field concerns hindered PSU career and draft status.


_________________
Proud member of the Contract Extension for Schwartz Fan Club.


April 30th, 2012, 10:50 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2269
Post Re: UDFA Signings
mwill2 wrote:
rao wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
Not one RB? :question:

I guess they're not at all concerned about the ability or health status crew they have in place. I'm a little surprised.


They are probably just going to wait and see if a decent veteran comes available after some cuts start happening.


Here you go: Stephfon Green from Penn State signed UDFA contract with Lions today. He was suspended much of 2011 but later reinstated. Has had some injury issues but allegedly can run a 4.24 40 yd-dash (ran 4.43 at his pro day--still very fast). Off-field concerns hindered PSU career and draft status.



Looks like Aaron Brown 2.0.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


April 30th, 2012, 3:11 pm
Profile
Post Re: UDFA Signings
mwill2 wrote:
rao wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
Not one RB? :question:

I guess they're not at all concerned about the ability or health status crew they have in place. I'm a little surprised.


They are probably just going to wait and see if a decent veteran comes available after some cuts start happening.


Here you go: Stephfon Green from Penn State signed UDFA contract with Lions today. He was suspended much of 2011 but later reinstated. Has had some injury issues but allegedly can run a 4.24 40 yd-dash (ran 4.43 at his pro day--still very fast). Off-field concerns hindered PSU career and draft status.



Direct replacement for Javid Best?


April 30th, 2012, 6:32 pm
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9850
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: UDFA Signings
What were the off-field issues?

Watching him, I'd say he's far more talented than Aaron Brown was. Brown had no lateral cut ability, but this kid does. He also accelerates through the hole like he's been shot through a cannon. Brown took time getting to his second gear. I think the Lions may look at this kid as their fourth back, and ask him to be their kick returner as well.

Pros: Great speed, good stop/start ability, good lateral movement, shows patience waiting for blockers behind the line, seems to have pretty good vision to find a small hole and get through it, talented as a receiver out of the backfield.

Cons: Lacks power, doesn't bounce off tacklers but instead gets engulfed by them, tends to run upright at times

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


April 30th, 2012, 7:23 pm
Profile
Post Re: UDFA Signings
m2karateman wrote:
What were the off-field issues?

Watching him, I'd say he's far more talented than Aaron Brown was. Brown had no lateral cut ability, but this kid does. He also accelerates through the hole like he's been shot through a cannon. Brown took time getting to his second gear. I think the Lions may look at this kid as their fourth back, and ask him to be their kick returner as well.

Pros: Great speed, good stop/start ability, good lateral movement, shows patience waiting for blockers behind the line, seems to have pretty good vision to find a small hole and get through it, talented as a receiver out of the backfield.

Cons: Lacks power, doesn't bounce off tacklers but instead gets engulfed by them, tends to run upright at times


He had issues with Joe Pa. Showing up late, thinking he deserved playing time that may have been unwarranted, feeling "entitled" and getting by with natural ability vs. having to work for it, and otherwise being a disgruntled bug in the locker-room. I don't know what else, but that's what the buzz was at PSU when I went to the last UofM game there.


April 30th, 2012, 9:15 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.