View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 8:45 pm



Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Jim Schwartz #1 on Head Coach Power rankings. 
Author Message
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7121
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Jim Schwartz #1 on Head Coach Power rankings.
Quote:
Head coach power rankings
National Football PostBy Joe Fortenbaugh | National Football Post – 3 hours ago

Let me start by stressing the fact that these rankings are merely a jumping-off point for a regular feature that we’ll be running during the 2012 season.

Many of you will find arguments for why certain head coaches deserve to be ranked higher while others should be slotted lower. This is expected and, in fact, encouraged. I’ve taken various bits of criteria into account for what you’re about to read, but keep in mind that these are power rankings. Andy Reid has made five trips to the NFC Championship game during his 13-year tenure in Philadelphia, but does that mean he should be ranked higher than a coach like Marvin Lewis, who exceeded all expectations with a rookie quarterback last season and earned a trip to the playoffs?

Your thoughts and arguments are welcome in the comments section below, as are your predictions for Saturday’s 138th running of the Kentucky Derby.

1. Jim Schwartz, Detroit Lions: You may scoff at the fact that Schwartz tops our list, but consider the evidence: This guy took an 0-16 franchise with a roster that couldn’t beat half the teams in Canada and turned it into a legitimate Super Bowl contender in just three years. He may not have a Vince Lombardi Trophy on his mantel just yet, but nobody has done more with less in such a short time span than Jim Schwartz, who still doesn’t get enough credit for what he’s done with the former laughing stock of the NFL.

2. Tom Coughlin, New York Giants: Two Super Bowl wins since 2008 as well as the uncanny ability to deliver when he’s pressed up against it has the Big Blue boss right near the top of our rankings. To borrow a phrase from Saturday’s Kentucky Derby, Coughlin’s a stalker who likes to race just behind the lead pack before making his move down the backstretch when it’s time to go for the kill.

3. Bill Belichick, New England Patriots: He’s delivered double-digit win totals in every regular season since 2003 and has led New England to the Super Bowl five times over the last eleven years. When people start to get jumpy after seven seasons have passed without a Vince Lombardi Trophy, you know you’re in rarefied air.

4. Mike McCarthy, Green Bay Packers: McCarthy has only experienced one losing campaign since taking the reigns in 2006, won a Super Bowl in 2011 and watched his squad rattle off a ridiculous 15 wins last year coming off a strike-shortened offseason. He’s also the architect of what is considered by many to be the most lethal passing attack in today’s NFL.

Jim HarbaughAfter a 13-3 campaign last season, what does Jim Harbaugh have planned for an encore?

5. Jim Harbaugh, San Francisco 49ers: The former Indianapolis signal-caller has just one season at the controls of an NFL franchise under his belt, but dammit, it was a good one. Harbaugh took a 6-10 team in 2010 and had them an overtime away from playing in the Super Bowl the following season. He also took a first-round bust in Alex Smith and transformed him into a legitimate starting quarterback. However, Harbaugh will need another solid campaign in 2012 to prove to the naysayers that last year wasn’t a fluke.

6. John Harbaugh, Baltimore Ravens: Four seasons, four trips to the playoffs, two appearances in the AFC Championship game and a career regular season record of 44-20 (.688) means that as I type this sentence, I’m realizing I may need to move the Baltimore boss up a few spots. A Super Bowl appearance next February could be enough to elevate John Harbaugh to the top of this list.

7. Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh Steelers: He won a Super Bowl in February of 2009 and has a career regular season record of 55-25 (.688), but an 0-2 mark against the Ravens last year coupled with January’s 29-23 wildcard defeat at Denver as a 7.5-point favorite has Tomlin now looking up at his Baltimore rival.

8. John Fox, Denver Broncos: It’s a matter of perspective: Was Fox responsible for Tim Tebow’s success or was it the other way around? Either way you look at it, Fox was the engineer of a divisional upset that saw the Broncos not only capture the AFC West, but also shock the Pittsburgh Steelers in overtime during the first round of the playoffs. However, now that he’s got Peyton Manning running his offense, Fox will be expected to deliver lofty results in 2012.

9. Mike Smith, Atlanta Falcons: During the same time span (2008-2011), Smith has posted a regular season record (43-21, .672) that is nearly identical to what John Harbaugh has achieved in Baltimore (44-20, .688). The difference, however, is that Smith is 0-3 career during the postseason, which includes blowout losses to the Giants (24-2) in 2011 and Packers (48-21) in 2010. Smith needs to find success in the playoffs before he can start climbing up the rankings.

10. Gary Kubiak, Houston Texans: With his back against the wall and a five-year tenure in Houston that included zero trips to the postseason, Kubiak turned his attention to the defensive side of the football and added former Dallas head coach Wade Phillips to his staff. The result was a 10-6 campaign that saw the Texans emerge victorious in the franchise’s first ever playoff game, despite the fact that the team had to make due with rookie fifth-round pick T.J. Yates under center. Expectations will be at an all-time high in Houston entering 2012, so we’ll see if Kubiak can deliver bigger things with a healthy roster and a weak divisional schedule.

Marvin LewisIn a crowded division and with a rookie quarterback, Marvin Lewis led the Bengals to the playoffs.

11. Marvin Lewis, Cincinnati Bengals: The inability to maintain any level of consistency coupled with the fact that he’s never won a playoff game in nine seasons with the Bengals has Lewis on the outside of our top ten. However, you have to give credit where credit is due. Lewis took a rookie quarterback in Andy Dalton and a team that had zero expectations for success last season and guided them to a 9-7 record and a spot in the postseason. That’s no small task considering the company the Bengals keep in the AFC North.

12. Mike Munchak, Tennessee Titans: Munchak did a hell of a job in his first year running the show in Tennessee by leading the Titans to a 9-7 record despite losing star receiver Kenny Britt after just three games and getting next to nothing from highly-paid running back Chris Johnson. Now that Peyton Manning is no longer playing in the AFC South, the Titans need only to find a way to outduel the Houston Texans for a divisional crown.

13. Rex Ryan, New York Jets: Two trips to the AFC Championship game in three years will bring the calls for Ryan to be ranked higher. But last season’s underachieving 8-8 campaign that saw the locker room come unraveled late in the year has Ryan on the hot seat entering 2012. He’s a great motivator and a damn good football coach, but these are power rankings. Ryan will climb the charts early in the year if he can get the Jets to play to their potential.

14. Lovie Smith, Chicago Bears: Time and time again, Smith has found himself on the hot seat in Chicago. And time and time again, Lovie has managed to respond with quality results. That’s good news for Bears fans, because their head coach is coming off an 8-8 meltdown of a season that saw the front office get cleaned out over the team’s failure to possess a capable backup quarterback. Smith has only totaled three losing campaigns during his eight years in Chicago and made a Super Bowl appearance back in 2006, so the argument could definitely be made that he deserves a spot higher up the rankings.

15. Andy Reid, Philadelphia Eagles: If this were merely a ranking of head coaches based on success over an extended period of time, Reid’s resume would warrant a spot higher up the list. But he dropped the ball in 2011 with an unimpressive 8-8 record despite a roster that was oozing at the seams with talent. Still, it’s tough to overlook five trips to the NFC Championship game and a regular season record of 126-81-1 (.609) in 13 years on the job.

16. Ron Rivera, Carolina Panthers: Don’t let the 6-10 record fool you. Rivera had two goals to accomplish during a 2012 regular season that saw his defense get decimated by the injury bug: develop rookie quarterback Cam Newton and show the Carolina fan base that this organization is headed in the right direction. Mission accomplished.

17. Ken Whisenhunt, Arizona Cardinals: He’s gone just 13-19 in a weak division over his last two seasons in Arizona, but Whisenhunt managed to grind out an 8-8 campaign last year despite quarterback problems, the loss of the team’s rookie running back during the preseason and a defense that ranked 18th in the league. A solid start in 2012 could have him on the rise, but a shaky run to open the year could land Whisenhunt towards the bottom of this list come Week 6.

18. Chan Gailey, Buffalo Bills: The Bills haven’t made a whole lot of noise since Gailey took over the reigns in 2010, but the team has been moving in the right direction. Buffalo went from 4-12 and scoring 17.7 points per game in 2010 to 6-10 and scoring 23.2 points per game in 2011. Not a drastic improvement, but now that the defense has been upgraded this offseason, we expect Gailey and the Bills to take another step forward in 2012.

19. Jason Garrett, Dallas Cowboys: After a disastrous 1-7 start to open the 2010 season, Wade Phillips was sent packing and Garrett was installed as the team’s interim head coach. Over the second half of the season, the former Dallas quarterback guided the team to a 5-3 record, triggering big expectations for 2011. But a mediocre 8-8 campaign and another missed opportunity to qualify for the postseason are the two reasons why Garrett lands in the bottom half of this list.

Pete CarrollCarroll's been to the postseason, but his regular season record with Seattle is under .500.

20. Pete Carroll, Seattle Seahawks: The former USC head coach has gone just 14-18 in two seasons with the Seahawks, but his first year did include a divisional crown and wildcard upset win over the then-defending champion New Orleans Saints. If free agent acquisition Matt Flynn lives up to expectations, Carroll could land in the top ten of these rankings by midseason.

21. Romeo Crennel, Kansas City Chiefs: There isn’t much to work with here, but Crennel went 2-1 as the interim head coach of the Chiefs last season, which was highlighted by a shocking upset victory over the then-undefeated Green Bay Packers. The return of running back Jamaal Charles should provide a big boost for the offense, but once again, the season rests of the shoulders of highly-paid quarterback Matt Cassel.

22. Mike Shanahan, Washington Redskins: The former Broncos head coach was expected to deliver big things when he signed a five-year deal with the Redskins back in 2010 worth approximately $7 million per season. But since owner Daniel Snyder broke the bank to land the highly-coveted head coach’s services, all he’s gotten in return is an 11-21 record and back-to-back last place finishes in the NFC East. Can rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III turn this franchise around?

23. Leslie Frazier, Minnesota Vikings: Frazier went 3-3 as Minnesota’s interim head coach in 2010, but followed that up with a disastrous 3-13 campaign last season. The rest of the NFC North has loaded up for the 2012 season and if the Vikings fail to show any improvement in quarterback Christian Ponder’s second year, Frazier could find himself in trouble come November.

24. Pat Shurmur, Cleveland Browns: The Browns are in rebuilding mode and looking towards the future, but after compiling a 9-23 record in two seasons as the head coach, it’s time for Shurmur to deliver some results. Nobody’s expecting him to conquer the AFC North in 2012, but a seven-win season—something the Browns have achieved just once over the last nine years—isn’t asking too much.

25. Norv Turner, San Diego Chargers: Loaded with talent and given the luxury of playing in one of the softest divisions in the NFL, Turner went just 17-15 over the last two seasons in Southern California, failing to miss the postseason both times. With the possible exception of Andy Reid, no coach is under more pressure to win in 2012 than Turner. And now that Peyton Manning has joined the AFC West, the task of getting back to the postseason just got a whole lot tougher.

26. Sean Payton, New Orleans Saints: How the mighty have fallen. Just two seasons removed from taking down the Indianapolis Colts in the Super Bowl, Payton finds himself suspended for the entire 2012 season due to the much-publicized bounty scandal. While other coaches fight for their jobs, Payton isn’t even allowed to perform his.

Currently not eligible

Chuck Pagano, Indianapolis Colts
Mike Mularkey, Jacksonville Jaguars
Joe Philbin, Miami Dolpins
Dennis Allen, Oakland Raiders
Jeff Fisher, St. Louis Rams
Greg Schiano, Tampa Bay Buccaneers


May 4th, 2012, 5:03 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2564
Post Re: Jim Schwartz #1 on Head Coach Power rankings.
I disagree. I remain a fan of Schwartz, but he doesn't deserve it. What the Lions achieved last year was equivalent to their talent. Schwartz with no talent was the 2-14 season. The lack of discipline the team showed last year was also on Schwartz.

The Lion's change in fortune is due 100% to the fact that they've picked up many good players in the last 3 years. How much of the decision making process was done by Schwartz, I don't know.


May 5th, 2012, 12:05 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 9:00 am
Posts: 289
Location: Vermont
Post Re: Jim Schwartz #1 on Head Coach Power rankings.
Blueskies wrote:
I disagree. I remain a fan of Schwartz, but he doesn't deserve it. What the Lions achieved last year was equivalent to their talent. Schwartz with no talent was the 2-14 season. The lack of discipline the team showed last year was also on Schwartz.

The Lion's change in fortune is due 100% to the fact that they've picked up many good players in the last 3 years. How much of the decision making process was done by Schwartz, I don't know.

You took the words out of my mouth, but I didn't want to say it for the obvious reasons (I'm hated). The lack of discipline is the single-biggest reason I don't think he deserves to be #1 on the list. He could have helped draft some of that talent, but I was very shocked to see someone place him as #1 head coach in the entire league.

I think Coughlin should be #1. He is always under such pressure to win, always under the microscope, always treated poorly, yet makes his mediocre players play to a championship level. I'm always impressed by Coughlin, year-in and year-out.

John Fox also deserves more credit. He changed his entire offense mid-season to suit the quarterback and make the playoffs. That's outstanding. Plus the work that he did to make the Panthers a playoff contender every year with the talent he had. He should be in consideration for top 5 at least.

And it's easy to criticize McCarthy or Belichick for what they do given the QBs they have, but people forget specific things. The Packers won the Super Bowl with 20+ players on IR. That's incredible coaching. The Patriots still went 11-5 when Brady was down for the year. One thing Belichick can't do is draft though.... boy he sucks at drafting players. Look at the list of players he's selected in the last 10 years or however long he's been the head coach. Atrocious.

And I don't think that any coach that has only been a head coach for 2 years or less is worthy to be placed on that list just yet. Harbaugh had a great year (coach of the year, even), so he's being rated with 1 years worth of work. More is needed.

_________________
Pablo wrote:
the app worked OK, but it is hard to draft while driving.


May 5th, 2012, 1:22 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9764
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Jim Schwartz #1 on Head Coach Power rankings.
I'm not going to say Schwartz deserved to be number one, but the lack of respect is evident simply in the two previous posts. So the team got a few personal fouls? What team doesn't? And excuse me, but sometimes to get respect you have to punch someone in the mouth. Ask any coach in the NFL if they'd take Ndamukong Suh onto their team, and all 31 of them wouldn't hesitate to take him. And nobody will sit there and tell me that every single one of those personal fouls was deserved. Video don't lie. Suh, Pettigrew, Burleson and the rest of the Lions were getting screwed over by poor and biased officiating. Certainly not all the time, but a pretty good amount of time.

And criticizing Schwartz because now the team has talent as opposed to the team he inherited which had little to no talent? WTF is wrong with you?! HE'S PART OF THE REASON THE TEAM DOES HAVE THAT TALENT!!!! But you don't want to credit him for it? I thought you were smarter than that? Guess I was wrong.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


May 5th, 2012, 3:43 pm
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels
User avatar

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 12:45 pm
Posts: 1834
Post Re: Jim Schwartz #1 on Head Coach Power rankings.
m2karateman wrote:
I'm not going to say Schwartz deserved to be number one, but the lack of respect is evident simply in the two previous posts. So the team got a few personal fouls? What team doesn't? And excuse me, but sometimes to get respect you have to punch someone in the mouth. Ask any coach in the NFL if they'd take Ndamukong Suh onto their team, and all 31 of them wouldn't hesitate to take him. And nobody will sit there and tell me that every single one of those personal fouls was deserved. Video don't lie. Suh, Pettigrew, Burleson and the rest of the Lions were getting screwed over by poor and biased officiating. Certainly not all the time, but a pretty good amount of time.

And criticizing Schwartz because now the team has talent as opposed to the team he inherited which had little to no talent? WTF is wrong with you?! HE'S PART OF THE REASON THE TEAM DOES HAVE THAT TALENT!!!! But you don't want to credit him for it? I thought you were smarter than that? Guess I was wrong.


Amen! I personally would not rank him #1 but it is not that shocking to me that someone would. Schwartz is a huge part of this turn around and I would not trade him for any other coach. FIST PUMP!

_________________
2011 Adopted Lion: Rob Sims/Looking for a side job at I.H.O.P because he can't stop making pancakes.


May 5th, 2012, 5:44 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 9:00 am
Posts: 289
Location: Vermont
Post Re: Jim Schwartz #1 on Head Coach Power rankings.
m2karateman wrote:
I'm not going to say Schwartz deserved to be number one, but the lack of respect is evident simply in the two previous posts. So the team got a few personal fouls? What team doesn't? And excuse me, but sometimes to get respect you have to punch someone in the mouth. Ask any coach in the NFL if they'd take Ndamukong Suh onto their team, and all 31 of them wouldn't hesitate to take him. And nobody will sit there and tell me that every single one of those personal fouls was deserved. Video don't lie. Suh, Pettigrew, Burleson and the rest of the Lions were getting screwed over by poor and biased officiating. Certainly not all the time, but a pretty good amount of time.

And criticizing Schwartz because now the team has talent as opposed to the team he inherited which had little to no talent? WTF is wrong with you?! HE'S PART OF THE REASON THE TEAM DOES HAVE THAT TALENT!!!! But you don't want to credit him for it? I thought you were smarter than that? Guess I was wrong.

You really gotta start re-reading some of these posts before you reply. Neither one of us said some of those things you mentioned.

I know you're a bit of a homer so you may not see it, but the Lions lack of discipline is tops in the league. I'm pretty sure that's the one thing we disagree on.

Keep ranting though. You'd do Schwartz proud.

_________________
Pablo wrote:
the app worked OK, but it is hard to draft while driving.


May 5th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 9:00 am
Posts: 289
Location: Vermont
Post Re: Jim Schwartz #1 on Head Coach Power rankings.
PS: I've continuously questioned his discipline practices. Over and over and over. I never once said he was a bad coach. He's shown a lot of anger himself, and has done very little to keep his players under control during a game. For that reason alone, he isn't the best coach in the league imo.

_________________
Pablo wrote:
the app worked OK, but it is hard to draft while driving.


May 5th, 2012, 7:37 pm
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7121
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Jim Schwartz #1 on Head Coach Power rankings.
49ers wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
I'm not going to say Schwartz deserved to be number one, but the lack of respect is evident simply in the two previous posts. So the team got a few personal fouls? What team doesn't? And excuse me, but sometimes to get respect you have to punch someone in the mouth. Ask any coach in the NFL if they'd take Ndamukong Suh onto their team, and all 31 of them wouldn't hesitate to take him. And nobody will sit there and tell me that every single one of those personal fouls was deserved. Video don't lie. Suh, Pettigrew, Burleson and the rest of the Lions were getting screwed over by poor and biased officiating. Certainly not all the time, but a pretty good amount of time.

And criticizing Schwartz because now the team has talent as opposed to the team he inherited which had little to no talent? WTF is wrong with you?! HE'S PART OF THE REASON THE TEAM DOES HAVE THAT TALENT!!!! But you don't want to credit him for it? I thought you were smarter than that? Guess I was wrong.

You really gotta start re-reading some of these posts before you reply. Neither one of us said some of those things you mentioned.

I know you're a bit of a homer so you may not see it, but the Lions lack of discipline is tops in the league. I'm pretty sure that's the one thing we disagree on.

Keep ranting though. You'd do Schwartz proud.


:shock:
Quote:
but the Lions lack of discipline is tops in the league.


Let me stomp on your dick, after the play was over, right in front of a ref who was watching it happen, and the ref didn't throw the flag until you pushed his hand away.

We'll see how disciplined you are.

I'd have knocked the refs block off.


May 5th, 2012, 8:55 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3257
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Jim Schwartz #1 on Head Coach Power rankings.
m2karateman wrote:
I'm not going to say Schwartz deserved to be number one, but the lack of respect is evident simply in the two previous posts. So the team got a few personal fouls? What team doesn't? And excuse me, but sometimes to get respect you have to punch someone in the mouth. Ask any coach in the NFL if they'd take Ndamukong Suh onto their team, and all 31 of them wouldn't hesitate to take him. And nobody will sit there and tell me that every single one of those personal fouls was deserved. Video don't lie. Suh, Pettigrew, Burleson and the rest of the Lions were getting screwed over by poor and biased officiating. Certainly not all the time, but a pretty good amount of time.

And criticizing Schwartz because now the team has talent as opposed to the team he inherited which had little to no talent? WTF is wrong with you?! HE'S PART OF THE REASON THE TEAM DOES HAVE THAT TALENT!!!! But you don't want to credit him for it? I thought you were smarter than that? Guess I was wrong.



Very, VERY well said!!

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


May 5th, 2012, 10:27 pm
Profile
Position Coach

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2125
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Jim Schwartz #1 on Head Coach Power rankings.
I love that he's atop this list and I think he deserves it(0-16, I mean c'mon). Teams used to bully the hell out of us and he's completely turned the tables. Plus he's smart as hell so this made my day.

Even if I didn't agree, I wouldn't ever voice it out loud cuz I'm that much of a homer

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


May 6th, 2012, 3:06 am
Profile
National Champion

Joined: August 13th, 2006, 11:04 pm
Posts: 862
Location: Washington, DC
Post Re: Jim Schwartz #1 on Head Coach Power rankings.
49ers wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
I'm not going to say Schwartz deserved to be number one, but the lack of respect is evident simply in the two previous posts. So the team got a few personal fouls? What team doesn't? And excuse me, but sometimes to get respect you have to punch someone in the mouth. Ask any coach in the NFL if they'd take Ndamukong Suh onto their team, and all 31 of them wouldn't hesitate to take him. And nobody will sit there and tell me that every single one of those personal fouls was deserved. Video don't lie. Suh, Pettigrew, Burleson and the rest of the Lions were getting screwed over by poor and biased officiating. Certainly not all the time, but a pretty good amount of time.

And criticizing Schwartz because now the team has talent as opposed to the team he inherited which had little to no talent? WTF is wrong with you?! HE'S PART OF THE REASON THE TEAM DOES HAVE THAT TALENT!!!! But you don't want to credit him for it? I thought you were smarter than that? Guess I was wrong.

You really gotta start re-reading some of these posts before you reply. Neither one of us said some of those things you mentioned.

I know you're a bit of a homer so you may not see it, but the Lions lack of discipline is tops in the league. I'm pretty sure that's the one thing we disagree on.

Keep ranting though. You'd do Schwartz proud.



What did he say that made him a homer?

That Schwartz drafted telent? That most (if not all) teams would take Suh regardless? That the Lions have been vitum of some pretty bad officiating? Hmm... I guess stating the truth makes you a homer now...ok....


May 6th, 2012, 6:34 am
Profile
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 9:00 am
Posts: 289
Location: Vermont
Post Re: Jim Schwartz #1 on Head Coach Power rankings.
OK this is becoming a problem. I say quite a few things on other NFL team forums, but nothing is misconstrued as poorly as what I say here.

The ONLY knock was discipline. That's what I said. He'd still be a top 5 coach on that list, but not #1 because of discipline. So all this other stuff you're throwing at me ASSUMING that I disagree with, you can stop. I never said anything else, just discipline.

NOT #1 COACH BECAUSE OF POOR DISCIPLINE <--- MY OPINION, NOT FACT. And if you want to argue this, then that's one thing. But stating other things, as if I disagree with anything else.... you can stop with that.

Although if you did a simple search of "most undisciplined NFL team", the Lions come up quite a bit. So my opinion is popular, just not amongst Lions fans.

_________________
Pablo wrote:
the app worked OK, but it is hard to draft while driving.


May 6th, 2012, 8:17 am
Profile
National Champion

Joined: August 13th, 2006, 11:04 pm
Posts: 862
Location: Washington, DC
Post Re: Jim Schwartz #1 on Head Coach Power rankings.
49ers wrote:
OK this is becoming a problem. I say quite a few things on other NFL team forums, but nothing is misconstrued as poorly as what I say here.

The ONLY knock was discipline. That's what I said. He'd still be a top 5 coach on that list, but not #1 because of discipline. So all this other stuff you're throwing at me ASSUMING that I disagree with, you can stop. I never said anything else, just discipline.

NOT #1 COACH BECAUSE OF POOR DISCIPLINE <--- MY OPINION, NOT FACT. And if you want to argue this, then that's one thing. But stating other things, as if I disagree with anything else.... you can stop with that.

Although if you did a simple search of "most undisciplined NFL team", the Lions come up quite a bit. So my opinion is popular, just not amongst Lions fans.



You do realize it's HOW you say things right?

Calling the dude a homer because he dosn't agree with something that is, by your own word (see bold above) your opinion, is kinda a douchbag thing to say. No one is misconstuing anything. If you don't like it, THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE POSTING BEFORE YOU POST IT. Duh. And I gurauntee you arn't popular anywhere else outside San Fran forums if you post stuff like you do here.


May 6th, 2012, 9:04 am
Profile
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 9:00 am
Posts: 289
Location: Vermont
Post Re: Jim Schwartz #1 on Head Coach Power rankings.
Hystrix wrote:
You do realize it's HOW you say things right?

Calling the dude a homer because he dosn't agree with something that is, by your own word (see bold above) your opinion, is kinda a douchbag thing to say. No one is misconstuing anything. If you don't like it, THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE POSTING BEFORE YOU POST IT. Duh. And I gurauntee you arn't popular anywhere else outside San Fran forums if you post stuff like you do here.

"Bit of a homer". This is the same guy that always takes what I say and expands it beyond its words. He's not a moron by any means, he's the smartest person on these forums (myself included). But he somehow keeps adding things to what I say, and since I don't see any reason for it, there must be a 'bit of a homer' in there somewhere... unless he says it because he wants to see me post more.

If that's really the only thing that got you going, then you fit right in with Schwartz. Look at your posts for the one word I posted that had nothing to do with the topic OR with you, and you went off. Makes me lol a little because this is the exact stuff I was talking about, except I see it with the players both on and off the field.

Don't you think that's funny? This is EXACTLY what I was talking about. lol.

PS: What a silly argument.

_________________
Pablo wrote:
the app worked OK, but it is hard to draft while driving.


May 6th, 2012, 9:18 am
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3257
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Jim Schwartz #1 on Head Coach Power rankings.
You can be the most disciplined coach in the league, but that wont PREVENT what goes on on the field. Not starting a new argument, but I dont think Schwartz should be blamed for most of the discipline issues. SOME maybe, definetely not all. Biased officiating is by far the biggest reason IF YOU ACTUALLY WATCH A LIONS GAME.

We'll see ths year with those new Nike jerseys that are tighter if guys can hold Suh every play or not.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


May 6th, 2012, 10:30 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.