View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2014, 2:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Local Boy to the Big Leagues 
QB Coach

Post Local Boy to the Big Leagues
Just got word after the draft that a local boy has made it to the big leagues and will be playing WR for the SF 49er's. He signed a 3 year contract with them, and I don't know if it's a UDFA contract or not. He did NOT get drafted but was heavily courted prior to and then after the draft.

His name is Nate Palmer, WR, from NIU. He also happens to be the God Son of my co-worker and close personal friend. I thought that was pretty cool.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

May 7th, 2012, 10:25 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Local Boy to the Big Leagues
Congrats. Always nice when someone you know makes it to the bigs. A close buddy of mine played for the Tigers/Rangers and a few other teams which was pretty cool. Funny story, we went to Daytona together for spring break way back in 85' and on our second morning their he was passed out when Tommy Lasorda from the Dodgers called our hotel room. I answered and took the message, but my head was pounding from a heavy night of drinking... The good old days!

May 7th, 2012, 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Post Re: Local Boy to the Big Leagues
The Lions signed a "local boy" too... Lance Long. He is from Sterling Heights (Eisenhower district, I think), and played a bit for the 49ers. He was their last cut going into last season. I doubt he makes the team, but it's still cool to see local people get a shot.

May 7th, 2012, 1:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]