View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2014, 10:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Free Agency 
All State

Post Re: Free Agency
So what do you guys think of Jacoby Jones as a KR/PR?

He's got a few teams looking at him right now but he fits the mold of KR/PR and could compete as a No. 4 or No. 5 WR also. Never really overwhelmed as a WR in Texas, but who is going to stand out compared to Andre Johnson?

I'm guessing the FO took Broyles for this role, but I would probably take Jones over Logan anyday. The kickoff rules certainly effected everyone, but I just didn't see much spark at all from Logan last year. It didn't even seem like he tried to return the damn ball. Just fair catch after fair catch.

May 7th, 2012, 1:24 am
League MVP

Jones didnt need to standout for the Texans, he just needed to be a decent complementary No2/3 option. He never really fulfilled that. As a PR he probably is a better and younger option than Logan but likely also more expensive. Logan was top 10 in KR avg last season. Would Jones be willing to step back to the role of No 4 or No 5 WR and also play on the coverage units as well?

The Lions have other options including Logan as a KR/PR, Broyles as a PR and undrafted players Patrick Edwards and Stephfon Green. I doubt they go after Jones, mainly bc of cost concerns.

May 7th, 2012, 9:12 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I'd expect them to go after Drayton Florence with a one or two year contract to add some veteran experience to the CB position.

The Jets just released O'Dowd, with Mangold they really had no need for another C on the roster. I'd like to see the Lions bring him in (if he checks out physically) and at least see if he has a future to replace Raiola.

May 7th, 2012, 9:25 am
QB Coach

So did Grant sign or what?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

May 7th, 2012, 7:49 pm
Team MVP

WarEr4Christ wrote:
So did Grant sign or what?

Apparently it hasnt even been confirmed that he visited today. Im wondering the same thing.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

May 7th, 2012, 8:12 pm
Modmin Dude

PFT wrote:
Ryan Grant not visiting Detroit
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 8, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT

Last week multiple reports said that free agent running back Ryan Grant had received a contract offer from the Lions and would visit Detroit this week. But now the visit is off.

John Clayton reported on SportsCenter that Grant isn’t visiting, although the reasons Clayton cited were contradictory. Clayton first said the reason Grant wouldn’t visit the Lions was that they weren’t offering him enough money, then said it wasn’t just about the money, then said again that the visit was called off because the Lions weren’t offering enough money.

“It now looks like it will not happen because they could not come to at least a close enough monetary agreement,” Clayton said. “To Ryan, it’s not a matter of just the money. Ryan wants to make sure it’s the right situation, as far as, if he has the chance to compete for the starting job, if he does have a chance to compete if he can make the right type of money with that. More so than anything else, they just couldn’t come to at least a close enough money agreement that he would make that trip.”

Whether the reason Grant isn’t visiting is the money, his concern that he wouldn’t get a chance to compete for the starting job, or some combination of the two, Grant remains a free agent. The 29-year-old Grant started 14 games for the Packers last year, finishing with 134 carries for 559 yards and two touchdowns.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... g-detroit/

May 8th, 2012, 12:35 pm

So, I read that as... Grant only wants to come to The D if he's promised the starting job.

NEVER GIVE UP!

May 8th, 2012, 12:45 pm
Modmin Dude

LionsFan4Life wrote:
So, I read that as... Grant only wants to come to The D if he's promised the starting job.
Quote:
“It now looks like it will not happen because they could not come to at least a close enough monetary agreement,” Clayton said. “To Ryan, it’s not a matter of just the money. Ryan wants to make sure it’s the right situation, as far as, if he has the chance to compete for the starting job, if he does have a chance to compete if he can make the right type of money with that. More so than anything else, they just couldn’t come to at least a close enough money agreement that he would make that trip.”
:confused: Perhaps I'm not reading into it enough, but it sounds to me that he would like to 'compete' for the starting job, not be 'promised' it.

May 8th, 2012, 12:49 pm

TheRealWags wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
Quote:
:confused: Perhaps I'm not reading into it enough, but it sounds to me that he would like to 'compete' for the starting job, not be 'promised' it.

I just don't see how the Lions would flat out tell the guy NO.. you won't be competing for the starting job. Competition makes everyone battling for the starting spot better.

NEVER GIVE UP!

May 8th, 2012, 12:51 pm
Modmin Dude

LionsFan4Life wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
Quote:

I just don't see how the Lions would flat out tell the guy NO.. you won't be competing for the starting job. Competition makes everyone battling for the starting spot better.
It could also be that perhaps he was told he would compete, but the money wasn't enough (its always about the money....)

May 8th, 2012, 12:54 pm

TheRealWags wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
Quote:

It could also be that perhaps he was told he would compete, but the money wasn't enough (its always about the money....)

No argument here, that very well could be it.

NEVER GIVE UP!

May 8th, 2012, 12:57 pm
Team MVP

Quote:
Report: Detroit Lions bringing safety Chris Crocker in for a visit

Published: Tuesday, May 08, 2012, 1:52 PM Updated: Tuesday, May 08, 2012, 1:52 PM

By Justin Rogers | jrogers@mlive.com

The Detroit Lions continue to explore adding depth to their secondary, bringing in veteran safety Chris Crocker for a visit on Tuesday according to NFL.com's Jason La Canfora.

Entering his tenth season, Crocker spent the last four years with the Cincinnati Bengals. He has also played for the Miami Dolphins, Atlanta Falcons and Cleveland Browns. He was drafted by the Browns in the third round of the 2003 draft.

Crocker started all 16 games for the Bengals last season, playing over 1,000 snaps. He finished the season with 61 tackles, 3.5 sacks, five pass defenses and one forced fumble.

The Bengals released Crocker in April citing durability concerns. 2011 was the first season he played all 16 games since 2006.

Crocker would like to forget his final game with the Bengals. In the team's playoff loss to the Houston Texans, he dropped a sure interception (4:36 mark in the video) and missed a tackle on a long Arian Foster touchdown run in the fourth quarter (7:33).

The Lions had issues at the safety position last season. Backup Erik Coleman was lost for the year after suffering an ankle injury in Week 4 and starter Louis Delmas missed the final five games of the regular season with a knee issue.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

May 8th, 2012, 2:22 pm

LionsFan4Life wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
Quote:

it sounds like he wanted too much money AND the starting job

May 8th, 2012, 3:04 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I can't help the feeling that he's using us to try to leverage a better deal out of Green Bay as well.

May 8th, 2012, 3:14 pm
Profile WWW

LionFan57 wrote:
I can't help the feeling that he's using us to try to leverage a better deal out of Green Bay as well.

I was JUST thinking that.. literally.

NEVER GIVE UP!

May 8th, 2012, 3:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next