View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 17th, 2014, 7:36 am



Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 ***Bounty-Gate*** 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7354
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: ***Bounty-Gate***
njroar wrote:
Not a lawyer, but they don't. They had a chance to give statements and none showed up. Hargrove only sent a single page letter. Lawyers will be involved because so much money is involved, but they're just going to try to get the proof to go public to see what the league really has, which could end up being more damning to the players.



Pat Williams spent over $1Million fighting his Starcaps suspension just to lose in the end.

Go ahead Bounty Guys, Make Goodell's day. The NFL has far deeper pockets than you do. Just take your suspensions and shut up. It will cost you far less in the long run.


May 2nd, 2012, 10:14 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2202
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: ***Bounty-Gate***
im surprised nothing happened to roman harper. he's in pretty much all the highlights when they talk about "bounty gate"

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


May 3rd, 2012, 12:35 am
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3346
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: ***Bounty-Gate***
I think Cris Carter is sticking his foot in his mouth ONCE AGAIN.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


May 9th, 2012, 4:12 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3785
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: ***Bounty-Gate***
kdsberman wrote:
I think Cris Carter is sticking his foot in his mouth ONCE AGAIN.



???
why?

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


May 9th, 2012, 5:40 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3346
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: ***Bounty-Gate***
regularjoe12 wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
I think Cris Carter is sticking his foot in his mouth ONCE AGAIN.



???
why?


Have you not watched ESPN or any sports related source?

Carter basically supports the idea in a way.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


May 10th, 2012, 7:35 am
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3785
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: ***Bounty-Gate***
kdsberman wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
I think Cris Carter is sticking his foot in his mouth ONCE AGAIN.



???
why?


Have you not watched ESPN or any sports related source?

Carter basically supports the idea in a way.


No i havn't watched ESPN since the draft.

And to be fair...Carter is an Idiot. at least once a year he says something that makes you wonder how an intelligent person can even come up with something so stupid. Last years "CJ isn't an elite reciever" comes to mind. you should pay attention to him about as much as you should pay to the guy who pees his pants on the bus.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


May 10th, 2012, 9:01 am
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3346
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: ***Bounty-Gate***
regularjoe12 wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
I think Cris Carter is sticking his foot in his mouth ONCE AGAIN.



???
why?


Have you not watched ESPN or any sports related source?

Carter basically supports the idea in a way.


No i havn't watched ESPN since the draft.

And to be fair...Carter is an Idiot. at least once a year he says something that makes you wonder how an intelligent person can even come up with something so stupid. Last years "CJ isn't an elite reciever" comes to mind. you should pay attention to him about as much as you should pay to the guy who pees his pants on the bus.


You're right, he is an idiot. And just like the CJ thing last year, he now "regrets" part of what he said.

Maybe he should think before he talks?

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


May 10th, 2012, 2:39 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: ***Bounty-Gate***
kdsberman wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
I think Cris Carter is sticking his foot in his mouth ONCE AGAIN.



???
why?


Have you not watched ESPN or any sports related source?

Carter basically supports the idea in a way.


No i havn't watched ESPN since the draft.

And to be fair...Carter is an Idiot. at least once a year he says something that makes you wonder how an intelligent person can even come up with something so stupid. Last years "CJ isn't an elite reciever" comes to mind. you should pay attention to him about as much as you should pay to the guy who pees his pants on the bus.


You're right, he is an idiot. And just like the CJ thing last year, he now "regrets" part of what he said.

Maybe he should think before he talks?


Exactly..

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


May 17th, 2012, 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12015
Post Re: ***Bounty-Gate***
PFT wrote:
Goodell recuses himself from bounty appeal hearing
Posted by Mike Florio on October 19, 2012, 1:55 PM EDT

Executive director of the NFL Players Association Smith and NFL Commissioner Goodell speak outside the NFL Players Association Headquarters in Washington Reuters

In a move that will make the ultimate discipline applied to the players involved in the Saints bounty case even stronger, Commissioner Roger Goodell has recused himself from Tuesday’s appeal hearing.

The announcement came from NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith on Twitter.

Per Smith, Goodell will hand the baton to former Commissioner Paul Tagliabue.

It’s a power the Commissioner possess under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. And Smith got advance notice because the CBA requires Goodell to consult with the NFLPA.

It’s a smart move. Goodell was and is too close to the case. It would have been virtually impossible for him to be truly objective and impartial. And by picking Tagliabue, Goodell is keeping the decision in the hands of a Commissioner-level arbitrator — with Goodell hoping Tagliabue will reach the same decision that Goodell reached. And if Tagliabue ultimately upholds Goodell’s decision, it will be harder for the players to obtain a reversal of the decision.

Then again, the players may welcome the move. After all, Tagliabue was the Commissioner in 1996, when the league allegedly condoned the “Smash for Cash” program.

And who was the Executive V.P. of League and Football Development at the time, the precursor to the current “Football Operations” department? Roger Goodell.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ty-appeal/
PFT wrote:
Tagliabue’s bounty hearing will be held on October 30
Posted by Mike Florio on October 19, 2012, 2:19 PM EDT

The NFL officially has announced that Commissioner Roger Goodell has handed the baton to former Commissioner Paul Tagliabue as to the appeal hearing in the bounty cases.

The league’s full statement is right here.

The hearing will be held on October 30, at a place and time to be determined by Tagliabue.

“I have held two hearings to date,” Commissioner Goodell said in the statement, “and have modified the discipline in several respects based on my recent meetings with the players. To bring this matter to a prompt and fair conclusion, I have appointed former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue to serve as the hearing officer for the upcoming appeals. Paul Tagliabue is a genuine football authority whose tenure as commissioner was marked by his thorough and judicious approach to all matters. He has many years of experience in NFL collective bargaining matters and an impeccable reputation for integrity.

“To be clear, I have not consulted with Paul Tagliabue at any point about the Saints matter nor has he been any part of the process. Furthermore, under our process the hearing officer has full authority and complete independence to decide the appeal and determine any procedural issues regarding the hearings. I will have no role in the upcoming hearings or in Mr. Tagliabue’s decisions.”

The decision will make it harder for the players to challenge the outcome in court, given that Goodell has conclusively addressed what had been the players’ strongest argument. If, however, Tagliabue upholds the decision without adjustment, the players surely will argue that Tagliabue is merely carrying Goodell’s water.

In the coming days, it’ll be interesting to see whether Tagliabue specifically requests that certain witnesses be present for the hearing, and/or that certain documents generated through the investigation be introduced at the hearing. Whether and to what extent Tagliabue expects information at the hearing that the league previously hadn’t disclosed could demonstrate that Tagliabue plans to take a much different approach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ctober-30/

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


October 19th, 2012, 3:35 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.