View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 8:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 one of the worst things ever 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post one of the worst things ever
the wife and i were driving home and i almost ran over an injured cat(i had to angle my car so he went down the middle of the car). we got halfway down the block and i decided to turn around and check on him. after we got to him i noticed he was trying to limp off the road, maybe i scared him but i wasnt going to leave him in the road. my wife is afraid of cats and i didnt want him to bite me so i approached carefully with a sheet i have in my car, wrapped him up(i think he was glad i was there) and placed him on the grass while my wife called animal control. i pet him and encouraged him while she was on the phone. i was so damn happy at the thought of saving this cat's life but when i looked down again, he had died. i really cant describe how i felt and feel now. i am so heartbroken i had to write about it on a message board. the only thing thats holding me together right now is the idea that hopefully he died knowing that someone cared about him in the end. i am such a mess right now.

THIS SUCKS

May 13th, 2012, 2:37 am
QB Coach

Post Re: one of the worst things ever
by way of encouragement, at least you stopped, let alone went back. That speaks highly of your character and concern, and we can only hope the cat felt that. Just to give you a counterpoint, earlier this week I was driving home and I saw a Momma Mallard walking with two of her chicks, trying to cross the road. She happened to be in the middle of the opposing lane, and this car was flying at her. The Momma dodged at the last moment, and her babies shrunk to the ground, meanwhile the car flew right over them and didn't even try to slow down, or dodge them. All was well and they proceeded on, but I was mad. Then it caused me to think how much this represents our own society. We're too busy with our own lives to stop, or even go back for someone, or something in trouble. We're selfish! Granted this isn't all the time, but more often than not. So thank you for demonstrating that level of care and concern, at least the animal passed while being comforted instead of the middle of the road, and alone.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

May 13th, 2012, 8:23 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I don't know man, you gave comfort to something that was afraid and in pain in it's dying moments. Considering the cats condition, that is the absolute best thing you could have done for it.

I know it sucks for you the cat died on you, but all things considered, that small act you did was probably amazing for the cat.

Your a good man Charlie brown....and you have done a very good deed.

May 13th, 2012, 11:28 am
RIP Killer

I understand how you feel, but as the others have said, you did what you could and demonstrated more care and concern than most. I have four animals, two dogs and two cats. I would hope that if one of my animals had gotten loose and became injured, that someone was with them in their final moments to prove to them that not all people are @ssholes.

I applaud your humanitarian efforts. =D>

May 13th, 2012, 6:05 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Thanks alot, you guys are awesome

May 14th, 2012, 12:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]