View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 8:52 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 CJ to represent Lions for Madden cover...DONT VOTE FOR HIM! 
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: CJ to represent Lions for Madden cover...DONT VOTE FOR H
I like Madden 12, too bad I am just god awful at online. :x

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

May 13th, 2012, 9:22 am
Profile WWW
National Champion

regularjoe12 wrote:
thats true, they did improve the offseason stuff. The gameplay was identical to 11 is what I should have said.

Well, I could be the minority on this one. Maybe I was just expecting so much more. Seems like every year they take away cool features and introduce new ones.

After I bought the game, I remember reading a review (I think it was from Game Informer Magazine) where they said "didn't the developers test this game before they shipped it?"

There were issues with game play (the inability to turn off the accelerated clock in franchise mode). Also, while I liked some of the upgrades with francise mode, who cuts players after one pre season game?

I don't know, I liked the expanded rosters and that was about it. I thought Madden 11 was better.

I hope Madden 13 is leaps and bounds better than Madden 12...

May 14th, 2012, 1:04 pm
1st Round Pick

Hystrix wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
thats true, they did improve the offseason stuff. The gameplay was identical to 11 is what I should have said.

There were issues with game play (the inability to turn off the accelerated clock in franchise mode). Also, while I liked some of the upgrades with francise mode, who cuts players after one pre season game?

I am a fan of the accelerated clock, it makes the game more realistic IMO.

May 14th, 2012, 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
National Champion

Lions2SB2 wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

I gotchya, but I am NOT a fan. I usually play 5 min quarters. I have since Madden 2000. The accelerated clock gives you about 3 or 4 possessions for the whole game. I understand people like it, just give me the option of turning it off.

Look, I can turn off injuries, penalties, salary cap, and even simulate parts or even whole gsames, but I can't control the accel clock? That was a glitch I couldn't get past...

May 14th, 2012, 3:29 pm
1st Round Pick

Hystrix wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

I gotchya, but I am NOT a fan. I usually play 5 min quarters. I have since Madden 2000. The accelerated clock gives you about 3 or 4 possessions for the whole game. I understand people like it, just give me the option of turning it off.

Look, I can turn off injuries, penalties, salary cap, and even simulate parts or even whole gsames, but I can't control the accel clock? That was a glitch I couldn't get past...

What I would recommend playing is 8 or 10 minute quarters then.. usually what I do..

May 14th, 2012, 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

my buddy always played 15 minutes...thats the only way we could figure out how to get realistic defensive stats (our favorite part of the game..Offense is too easy in Madden, anyone can score but, shut out someone else and you have skillz...thats right...with a "z"!!) lol

May 14th, 2012, 4:15 pm
1st Round Pick

regularjoe12 wrote:
my buddy always played 15 minutes...thats the only way we could figure out how to get realistic defensive stats (our favorite part of the game..Offense is too easy in Madden, anyone can score but, shut out someone else and you have skillz...thats right...with a "z"!!) lol

Accelerated time or not?

Guess I have no skillZ since the games are like 45 to 42 lol

May 14th, 2012, 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
National Champion

Lions2SB2 wrote:

What I would recommend playing is 8 or 10 minute quarters then.. usually what I do..

That's what I ended up doing...

I don't know, I just felt Madden 12 could have been more. I'm hoping 13 really WOWs me...

May 15th, 2012, 8:21 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Hystrix wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:

That's what I ended up doing...

I don't know, I just felt Madden 12 could have been more. I'm hoping 13 really WOWs me...

Well, I guess I didn't miss much if anything by not buying 12 this past year. I am going to get 13 though, especially since CJ and the City of Detroit is on the cover.

NEVER GIVE UP!

May 15th, 2012, 11:01 am
Mr. Irrelevant

Hystrix, I'm with you on that accelerated clock issue. That is SO annoying. It still frustrates me to no end and I've had the game since late August, early September. I'm used to being able to call a play after another and not having to worry about the time. Realistic? No, but neither is GTA4 and I get a giant kick out of that.

May 15th, 2012, 12:36 pm
National Champion

Footsoldier32 wrote:
Hystrix, I'm with you on that accelerated clock issue. That is SO annoying. It still frustrates me to no end and I've had the game since late August, early September. I'm used to being able to call a play after another and not having to worry about the time. Realistic? No, but neither is GTA4 and I get a giant kick out of that.

It think that was my hang up as well... well, that, and that fact that the com opponant could take nearly an entire quarter on one drive...

Hey, Madden is fantasy football. I've take the Lions to the Superbowl in EVERY season I've ever played on Madden (2000- present) and if I want to tur n off a feature that annoyed me, I think I should be able to. I hope they fix that.

May 15th, 2012, 2:42 pm
Team MVP

Footsoldier32 wrote:

You know you can turn that option off, right?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

May 15th, 2012, 3:33 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

kdsberman wrote:
Footsoldier32 wrote:

not during franchise mode

May 15th, 2012, 11:33 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Franchise mode is really the only thing I play because I don't have an xBox live account. . . . . . yet.

May 16th, 2012, 11:22 am
National Champion

Killwill25 wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Footsoldier32 wrote:

not during franchise mode

Correct you cannot turn off accel clock during franchise mode. You can turn it of in exhibition mode. That was the complaint.

May 16th, 2012, 1:00 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next