View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 6:18 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 CJ to represent Lions for Madden cover...DONT VOTE FOR HIM! 
Varsity Captain

Post Re: CJ to represent Lions for Madden cover...DONT VOTE FOR H
I like accelerated clock. I remember playing an NFL video game in 99 on the Sega Saturn, and that had accelerated clock, which made it more realistic in my mind. I've always wished Madden incorporated it... took too damn long.

I also play 15 minute quarters with full penalties and injuries on the hardest settings possible (not quite All-Madden). It's just more realistic to have it than to wait for what feels like an eternity for the clock to wind down before you snap the ball.

One thing I hate though is how teams don't really try to improve too much. If they keep 54 players on their roster (or whatever it is these days.... changed so much the past few years), some of them might have an ability level of 40 or lower. Dude, CUT THESE PLAYERS and sign a free agent that is at least double that! IMPROVE! I want a challenge!

I will say though, I was ahead in a playoff game 17-3 with 5 minutes left, and the computer came back to tie the game, and did a deep pass to win 23-17 in overtime... knocking me out. I was impressed...... well played computer....... well played....

May 16th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Varsity Captain

Hystrix wrote:
I've take the Lions to the Superbowl in EVERY season I've ever played on Madden

Dude, doesn't that get boring? I like putting the settings up so high that if I make the playoffs, it's an accomplishment in itself. Then when I do win the Super Bowl (maybe 3 times in 30 years) I feel so accomplished, and always happy I get to give my best players a win.... even though it's all fake, I have such an attachment to that, lol.

I always sim the regular season, and play the playoff games.

May 16th, 2012, 5:23 pm
National Champion

49ers wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
I've take the Lions to the Superbowl in EVERY season I've ever played on Madden

Dude, doesn't that get boring? I like putting the settings up so high that if I make the playoffs, it's an accomplishment in itself. Then when I do win the Super Bowl (maybe 3 times in 30 years) I feel so accomplished, and always happy I get to give my best players a win.... even though it's all fake, I have such an attachment to that, lol.

I always sim the regular season, and play the playoff games.

I guess. Understand that i played Madden 2002-2004 WAY more than the others. And seeing ther Lions win a Superbowl on Madden was never boring to me. I enjoyed it. It is fantasy football after all. This last Madden was kind of a let down. Just my opinion.

May 16th, 2012, 9:12 pm
RIP Killer

I am not a Madden fanatic, but I always used the Lions as my team.

However, I never used the Lions roster. I would always do a fantasy draft and pick the players for the team that way. Then I'd swing deals to get other players I wanted, and BAM, instant Super Bowl contender.

Now, for the 2013 Madden, I have to imagine that using the Lions roster as is will be a good starting point. That wasn't the case in seasons past.

May 17th, 2012, 10:33 am
m2karateman wrote:

However, I never used the Lions roster. I would always do a fantasy draft and pick the players for the team that way. Then I'd swing deals to get other players I wanted, and BAM, instant Super Bowl contender.

Now, for the 2013 Madden, I have to imagine that using the Lions roster as is will be a good starting point. That wasn't the case in seasons past.

The computer would always do unreasonable trades any how... I think you could trade something like Joey Harrington and a first round pick for Payton Manning back when Harrington was starting for us. I've won the SB with the Lions every year, but I would generally make a few trades that wouldn't likely happen, but tried to keep it somewhat reasonable. I don't think I ever took advantage of the Manning trade, but I think I got McNabb or someone a time or two.

I agree with 49ers though... It's maddening that the CPU doesn't adequately staff its teams after a couple of offseasons, and its maddening that the "draft" players (the players that the CPU creates for the game to continue) aren't really great, and for some reason they tend to get injured much, much more than the actual guys that play in the NFL. Sometimes the offseason will start and some of the top FAs will still be sitting there unsigned, and the teams refuse to adequately use their cap space. There were times where I would have to change the settings and more or less put it in "God mode" (where I could manipulate all of the rosters) just to get them to have enough players on each team to start a season, and I would intentionally make teams better just so I could play a couple of games against a good team.

May 17th, 2012, 5:22 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

wjb21ndtown wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

The computer would always do unreasonable trades any how... I think you could trade something like Joey Harrington and a first round pick for Payton Manning back when Harrington was starting for us. I've won the SB with the Lions every year, but I would generally make a few trades that wouldn't likely happen, but tried to keep it somewhat reasonable. I don't think I ever took advantage of the Manning trade, but I think I got McNabb or someone a time or two.

I agree with 49ers though... It's maddening that the CPU doesn't adequately staff its teams after a couple of offseasons, and its maddening that the "draft" players (the players that the CPU creates for the game to continue) aren't really great, and for some reason they tend to get injured much, much more than the actual guys that play in the NFL. Sometimes the offseason will start and some of the top FAs will still be sitting there unsigned, and the teams refuse to adequately use their cap space. There were times where I would have to change the settings and more or less put it in "God mode" (where I could manipulate all of the rosters) just to get them to have enough players on each team to start a season, and I would intentionally make teams better just so I could play a couple of games against a good team.

I would debate that you can't draft great players. I look for guys with lower awareness...after a year or two thos guys have GREAT stats if you start them...But im always doing shady trades at the trade deadline. Ill package a couple of backups for the highest draft picks I can get and then before I draft I bundle draft picks together and pick up 3-4 1st and 2nd rounders. I dont see a big need to draft lower than that. I can fill the rest of the void through free agency.

May 17th, 2012, 5:37 pm
QB Coach

You can easily draft great players in Madden. I play on PS3. You just have to get guys with A or B potential. There are always some steals in the later rounds. Sometimes even guys in the 3rd or 4th that are better right away than 1st round guys.

May 18th, 2012, 6:19 pm
Afghan Allstar

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
You can easily draft great players in Madden. I play on PS3. You just have to get guys with A or B potential. There are always some steals in the later rounds. Sometimes even guys in the 3rd or 4th that are better right away than 1st round guys.

I remember drafting a sick CB in the 2nd round. He would take away one side of the field and lead the league in pics every season.

May 19th, 2012, 12:02 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I play on PS3.

PS3 sucks :D

m2karateman wrote:

I only play as Lions.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

May 21st, 2012, 10:16 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Now that this thread has deteriorated into a discussion of game play techniques / preferences... Can we move it to 'Off Topic' please?

Just in case an adult newcomer visits the site I'd like them to think that most everyone here is over 16 years old.

May 21st, 2012, 10:28 am
Profile WWW
LionFan57 wrote:
Now that this thread has deteriorated into a discussion of game play techniques / preferences... Can we move it to 'Off Topic' please?

Just in case an adult newcomer visits the site I'd like them to think that most everyone here is over 16 years old.

Get off my lawn!

May 21st, 2012, 10:40 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9