View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 5:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Disappointing Tigers 
Team MVP

Post Disappointing Tigers
What is wrong with this team this year? I have got to imagine someone or some people are on the hot seat. Leyland? McClendon?

Im absolutely disgusted watching these guys.

I think i used all my patience up with the Lions, now I have none left for the Tigers.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

May 17th, 2012, 4:17 pm
Post Re: Disappointing Tigers
Again, like I said, it's the relief pitching that has been HORRIBLE, and the team's chemistry is all screwed up from moving people around.

Errors are contagious, and we're plagued with them right now, just like I said we would be. Cabrerra has six errors already, SIX, and is currently in 8th place for having the MOST errors in the league. His slug percentage is at an all time low, sans his rookie season. We expected an increased production out of him batting Fielder behind him, but his production has dropped off, despite the added protection - surprise surprise...

This team will get it together and they'll probably win the division, but they're not the team we're paying for (they're not performing up to their pay grade) and they're not going to come close to winning the WS. Had we signed a new lights-out reliever, 2nd/3rd baseman and OF this team would be head and shoulders above where its at right now.

And, as I said it would, the starting pitching is coming around.

May 17th, 2012, 5:08 pm
League MVP

1. They are and will be an extremely poor defensive team all year long. Cabrera is poor at 3B, Raburn is worse at 2B, Peralta has no range at SS, Young is worse than he was a year ago when he plays left and Boesch is a below average RF. They can only make minimal improvements defensively with the personnel and money they have invested.
2. The bats have been extremely cold. Peralta, Avila, Boesch were much better hitters last season than they have shown this season. Was last year a fluke for them or is this closer to what they really are? I think Avila and Boesch rebound and pick up some of the slack but they are going to need Delmon Young and Ryan Raburn to wake up. Fielder and Cabrera are doing okay but need some teammates to get on base. Austin Jackson and Dirks are the only players exceeding expectations.
3. Scherzer and Porcello have been brutal and combined with Fister's injury the bullpen is taxed.
4. The bullpen is getting taxed and everyone has has a bad relief outing or two. Valverde doesnt look like the same guy but Benoit and Dotel should be okay. Below and Balester are decent when not overused.
5. Cleveland is an improving young team and they might not disappear like they did a year ago.

May 17th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Again, like I said, it's the relief pitching that has been HORRIBLE, and the team's chemistry is all screwed up from moving people around.

Errors are contagious, and we're plagued with them right now, just like I said we would be. Cabrerra has six errors already, SIX, and is currently in 8th place for having the MOST errors in the league. His slug percentage is at an all time low, sans his rookie season. We expected an increased production out of him batting Fielder behind him, but his production has dropped off, despite the added protection - surprise surprise...

This team will get it together and they'll probably win the division, but they're not the team we're paying for (they're not performing up to their pay grade) and they're not going to come close to winning the WS. Had we signed a new lights-out reliever, 2nd/3rd baseman and OF this team would be head and shoulders above where its at right now.

Wow, you sure like to pat yourself on the back in every single one of your posts, dont you. :roll:

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

May 19th, 2012, 9:35 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Wow, you sure like to pat yourself on the back in every single one of your posts, dont you. :roll:

And Last I checked, Scherzer and Porcello are not relievers. And they stink like crap.

May 20th, 2012, 12:43 am
BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

And Last I checked, Scherzer and Porcello are not relievers. And they stink like crap.

Really? All-time team high strikeouts... Scherzer really sucks eigh?

Porcello is what he is, a 4th/5th starter that's going to stink it up every once in a while. The bottom line is that Scherzer and Porcello will play up their roles and play their roles well. Like I said, our starting pitching is fine, and VERY FEW people, if ANYONE would have changed it last off-season.

May 20th, 2012, 3:18 pm
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

When people tell me I'm crazy, call me out for the changes that I would have wanted to see them make, and then when the season plays out exactly as I thought it would, yea, I'm going to pat myself on the back a little. Just like with drafting Javid Best, and the Lions current RB situation, most people still can't admit that they were wrong. However, I'm more than willing to admit I'm wrong when I am.

May 20th, 2012, 3:34 pm
Team MVP

Best is a fine RB, just cant stay healthy. Its hard to argue that.

Scherzer with 15 strikeouts today...but YEAH, he sucks alright. :roll:

May 20th, 2012, 7:05 pm
kdsberman wrote:
Best is a fine RB, just cant stay healthy. Its hard to argue that.

Scherzer with 15 strikeouts today...but YEAH, he sucks alright. :roll:

Unbelievable... ](*,) :roll:

May 21st, 2012, 10:59 am
Hall of Fame Player

wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Really? All-time team high strikeouts... Scherzer really sucks eigh?

Porcello is what he is, a 4th/5th starter that's going to stink it up every once in a while. The bottom line is that Scherzer and Porcello will play up their roles and play their roles well. Like I said, our starting pitching is fine, and VERY FEW people, if ANYONE would have changed it last off-season.

So what? He finally had a good game. So, which pitcher is he going to be for the rest of the season? That 1 or the one that stinks like crap?

May 23rd, 2012, 11:18 pm
BillySims wrote:
So what? He finally had a good game. So, which pitcher is he going to be for the rest of the season? That 1 or the one that stinks like crap?

Billy, Scherzer will have a sub 4.45 ERA, and win somewhere between 9 and 15 games, with some sprinkled in dominant performances, just like he always does, and most teams would KILL for that out of their 3rd starter.

Like I said, of our starting pitchers, who should we have replaced? Rick Porcello? The kid is 23 years old and won 14 games last year.

Our starting pitching isn't the problem, despite them struggling a bit. Our relief pitching sucks, as does our offense right now, period.

May 24th, 2012, 1:10 pm
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Billy, Scherzer will have a sub 4.45 ERA, and win somewhere between 9 and 15 games, with some sprinkled in dominant performances, just like he always does, and most teams would KILL for that out of their 3rd starter.

Like I said, of our starting pitchers, who should we have replaced? Rick Porcello? The kid is 23 years old and won 14 games last year.

Our starting pitching isn't the problem, despite them struggling a bit. Our relief pitching sucks, as does our offense right now, period.

Yup, our offense sucks. Its so frustrating. Im thinking of changing the thread title to "Pathetic Tigers", because that is a little more accurate. Someone has got to get fired. Someone.

May 24th, 2012, 8:26 pm
League MVP

Quote:
Yup, our offense sucks. Its so frustrating. Im thinking of changing the thread title to "Pathetic Tigers", because that is a little more accurate. Someone has got to get fired. Someone.

While i share your frustration with the team - Im not surprised at how bad they have been. Yes you are blaming the offense and I agree that offensively they have been poor especially in clutch situations. I cannot however ignore in many of the games I see opponents making outstanding defensive plays in big situations only to see our guys look like they ve never worn a glove or caught a ball before. The defense is atrocious whether its Boesch in RF, Raburn anywhere, Young in LF, Cabby at 3B, even Peralta and Fielder havent been very good. When you are playing tight games and thats what it will be when the bats arent going, the defense has a bigger impact. The only people to be blamed really are Ilitch and Dombrowski. They ignored needs all winter, I mean they didnt even attempt patchworking and then when Victor Martinez goes down they pick up a more powerful but overall inferior player for 5x the price? When they made that move I just felt that they placed the exclamation point on what I felt all along was a totally irresponsible offseason.

As for firing someone, I could see them firing McClendon which possibly would be justified. Leyland might be the one that fans want gone the most but I really doubt that would change anything and probably would set this team back more than anything. I actually saw an article today suggesting that the Tigers trade Cabrera? Sad

May 24th, 2012, 9:46 pm
Team MVP

The Legend wrote:
I actually saw an article today suggesting that the Tigers trade Cabrera? Sad

That definetly would be a bad thing.

May 25th, 2012, 5:01 am
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Where are those fantastic Managing skills that Leyland supposedly possesses?

May 25th, 2012, 11:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next