View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 12:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Nick Fairley Busted for Pot 
Veteran General Manager

Post Re: Nick Fairley Busted for Pot
Here's a solution. Place him on a team ,1 year suspension without pay for conduct detrimental to the team. Do it right now! Sure, he's innocent until proven guilty. But, 2 arrest so closely together? That means that he is just a dumb rectum. And that stupid laugh on his mug shot proves it. Maybe a year with no pay will wise him up. If he screws up even 1 more time in that year, just cut him. He will never get it. And he would already be a waste of the pick we used to get him.

May 28th, 2012, 9:16 am
Varsity Captain

LionFan57 wrote:

KEEP SMILING YOU IDIOT!

May 28th, 2012, 9:26 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

BillySims wrote:
Here's a solution. Place him on a team ,1 year suspension without pay for conduct detrimental to the team. Do it right now! Sure, he's innocent until proven guilty. But, 2 arrest so closely together? That means that he is just a dumb rectum. And that stupid laugh on his mug shot proves it. Maybe a year with no pay will wise him up. If he screws up even 1 more time in that year, just cut him. He will never get it. And he would already be a waste of the pick we used to get him.

Football isn't about teaching moral lessons, it's about winning. We traded away Shaun Rogers and stayed squeaky clean on the way to 0-16. #-o

Suspensions will most likely be coming from the league for both Fairley and Leshoure. The goal should be, not how do we punish these guys, but how do we get them back on the team contributing at a level commensurate with their draft status.

May 28th, 2012, 9:30 am

49ers wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

KEEP SMILING YOU IDIOT!

I prefer a smile to a smirk

May 28th, 2012, 9:32 am
Veteran General Manager

thelomasbrowns wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Football isn't about teaching moral lessons, it's about winning. We traded away Shaun Rogers and stayed squeaky clean on the way to 0-16. #-o

Suspensions will most likely be coming from the league for both Fairley and Leshoure. The goal should be, not how do we punish these guys, but how do we get them back on the team contributing at a level commensurate with their draft status.

Being Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life. Does that picture look like Fairley wants to be anything other than fat, drunk, and stupid?
True, football isn't about teaching MORAL lessons. It's about team cohesiveness. And players that can't keep out of trouble, tear the cohesiveness out of a team.

May 28th, 2012, 9:48 am
League MVP

BillySims wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Being Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life. Does that picture look like Fairley wants to be anything other than fat, drunk, and stupid?
True, football isn't about teaching MORAL lessons. It's about team cohesiveness. And players that can't keep out of trouble, tear the cohesiveness out of a team.

Judge not billy.

Let's not forget that lashour and he are just kids. Kids do stupid crap. I hope that swartz can help him realize that stupid kids grow into stupid adults and that he needs to mature like right now.

May 28th, 2012, 10:45 am
Position Coach

thelomasbrowns wrote:
49ers wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

KEEP SMILING YOU IDIOT!

YES! =D>

May 28th, 2012, 12:35 pm
National Champion

thelomasbrowns wrote:
49ers wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

KEEP SMILING YOU IDIOT!

ZING!

May 28th, 2012, 3:46 pm
Varsity Captain

Zing yourself. I want him off the team. I'll be booing Aldon Smith from here on out.

I already went ballistic about this moron on the 49ers forum. Oddly, I'm in the minority.

May 28th, 2012, 4:50 pm
Team MVP

49ers wrote:
Zing yourself. I want him off the team. I'll be booing Aldon Smith from here on out.

I already went ballistic about this moron on the 49ers forum. Oddly, I'm in the minority.

I cant help but thank you for how UNbiased you are. Good to have you around.

IMO, both guys are idiots. We already know Smith is a heck of a player, so why would he do something so stupid. And we THINK Fairley can be a good player, but know hes an idiot.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

May 28th, 2012, 9:59 pm
Position Coach

i dont think i'd ever seen fairley smile before that picture

May 28th, 2012, 10:26 pm
RIP Killer

I understand that Fairley is still just a kid. His having a DUI is bad enough, but it is attempt to evade police that really concerns me. That's just plain, outright stupidity. He's lucky nobody got hurt or any damage was done.

The pot bust was not a big deal. The DUIs will happen from time to time. But combine those two things with the evasion attempt, and you've got someone who just doesn't get it, and possibly never will. Also, the time frame between arrests, as in the LeShoure scenario, is a concern as well. You've just been arrested, you KNOW you are facing a suspension from the team and league, and you STILL go out and do something similarly stupid??!!

I'm not giving up on them, but if I'm Schwartz I call a team meeting on the first day I possibly can and rip the snot out of these guys and let them know that whatever suspension the league throws down, I will increase it. Screw the NFLPA if they don't like it. He has to get things under control.

May 29th, 2012, 9:31 am

m2karateman wrote:
I understand that Fairley is still just a kid. His having a DUI is bad enough, but it is attempt to evade police that really concerns me. That's just plain, outright stupidity. He's lucky nobody got hurt or any damage was done.

The pot bust was not a big deal. The DUIs will happen from time to time. But combine those two things with the evasion attempt, and you've got someone who just doesn't get it, and possibly never will. Also, the time frame between arrests, as in the LeShoure scenario, is a concern as well. You've just been arrested, you KNOW you are facing a suspension from the team and league, and you STILL go out and do something similarly stupid??!!

I'm not giving up on them, but if I'm Schwartz I call a team meeting on the first day I possibly can and rip the snot out of these guys and let them know that whatever suspension the league throws down, I will increase it. Screw the NFLPA if they don't like it. He has to get things under control.

As usual, my thoughts echo m2ks.

May 29th, 2012, 12:46 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
QB Coach

I guess what I don't understand is that we have fans who are calling for contracts to be terminated of HIGH character guys on our team, and yet knuckleheads like Fairley and Leshoure aren't being dealt with severe enough.

I'm probably too old school, but the whole "Code Red" thing kind of comes to mind. Let the team "motivate" these men into doing the right thing, and let management make it hurt financially. It's bad enough that Detroit has to be embarrassed by its former mayor, its 40% illiteracy rate, its most telling t.v. programs Hardcore Pawn, and Parking Wars, why does a professional squad have to model the behavior of the city?

C'mon fellas we're better than this aren't we?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

May 29th, 2012, 12:58 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:

Very well said. He needs to chew them out big time.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

May 29th, 2012, 1:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next