View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 26th, 2014, 3:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 2012 'Off-Season' training 
Post Re: 2012 'Off-Season' training
Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:
Honestly, I really don't care that he punched Delmas. Delmas probably deserved it. You should never hit a teammate, but Delmas is over-zealous. Without seeing the whole thing, I really can't say that TY was completely in the wrong.

yet you can say that Delmas deserved it....

When you have to put words in someone's mouth to prove them wrong, you should probably reconsider your argument.

And people wonder why there is no traffic on this site and prominent posters are leaving.

:roll:

May 22nd, 2012, 9:07 pm
3rd Round Selection

wjb21ndtown wrote:
And people wonder why there is no traffic on this site and prominent posters are leaving.

It's the off season.

And it's one prominent poster - for the most ironic of reasons. Everything he had to say in his goodbye post described himself way more accurately than the people he had a problem with.

May 23rd, 2012, 3:50 am
National Champion

wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Great. I can see WJB now saying, "I told everyone when they drafted him that they shouldnt have". :roll:

I only say "I knew we shouldn't have drafted that bum" when I say "they shouldn't have drafted that bum" before the draft. I wasn't happy about the Young pick, but none of my concerns were his "temper." I simply felt that we reached for Young, and we should have drafted Leshoure in his draft slot, rather than trading back up to get Leshoure later.

Honestly, I really don't care that he punched Delmas. Delmas probably deserved it. You should never hit a teammate, but Delmas is over-zealous. Without seeing the whole thing, I really can't say that TY was completely in the wrong.

I don't know that we should have never drafted him. However, I agree we don't know the whole situation. Look we don't know what was said. Maybe Delmas really pissed him off. Young shouldn't have done what he did, but it's being talked about like Young was unprovoked. We know he wasn't. Maybe Delmas flammed him on a message board or something... :mrgreen:

May 23rd, 2012, 7:08 am
Rookie Player of the Year

UK Lion wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

It's the off season.

And it's one prominent poster - for the most ironic of reasons. Everything he had to say in his goodbye post described himself way more accurately than the people he had a problem with.

I'd say it's a net gain when we lose a guy who used his mod privileges to dig into users' private info.

May 23rd, 2012, 10:15 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

thelomasbrowns wrote:
UK Lion wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

It's the off season.

I'd say it's a net gain when we lose a guy who used his mod privileges to dig into users' private info.

a couple of things:

1) sly left for his own reasons. he was not abused and trust me his skin is tough enough to handle a little mud slinging. I personally will miss him even if he was a bit......extreme (called him Gary Busey a time or two lol) But let their be no mistake..he left due to HIM being intollerant, not the other way around.

2) Sly didnt need to use Mod privaleges to find info about people. that dude is rediculously tech smart. if you put anything online he can find it. He showed me how once when I wanted to call out a temporary troll who was nothing but a liar. The things he showed me.....scary. and I DONT have mod rights.

(for the record Im hoping he calms down and comes back for the regular season, but if he doesn't I cloaned his FF league years ago and run mine the same way he did his. I can run ours if he choses not to come back. Ill post more about that when the time comes in the FF threads.....but once again, even though I didnt agree all the time with him I truely hope he comes back)

/threadjack

Last edited by regularjoe12 on May 23rd, 2012, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 23rd, 2012, 12:55 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

regularjoe12 wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
UK Lion wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

It's the off season.

a couple of things:

1) sly left for his own reasons. he was not abused and trust me his skin is tough enough to handle a little mud slinging. I personally will miss him even if he was a bit......extreme (called him Gary Busey a time or two lol) But let their be no mistake..he left due to HIM being intollerant, not the other way around.

2) Sly didnt need to use Mod privaleges to find info about people. that dude is rediculously tech smart. if you put anything online he can find it. He showed me how once when I wanted to call out a temporary troll who was nothing but a liar. The things he showed me.....scary. and I DONT have mod rights.

(for the record Im hoping he calms down and comes back for the regular season, but if he doesn't I cloaned his FF league years ago and run mine the same way he did his. I can run ours if he choses not to come back. Ill post more about that when the time comes in the FF threads.....but once again, even though I didnt agree all the time with him I truely hope he comes back)

If he doesn't get picked up by the Secret Service for his "war," maybe we will in fact see him again.

I don't see IP addresses in posts or in the source code for the page, which is how slybri called out allenslions. I'm assumming that's something only mods have access to.

May 23rd, 2012, 12:59 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

like I said..he's scary tech smart. If he joins the dark side he is someone you should be VERY affraid of! lol I forgot most of what he showed me on how to trace soemone down...but everything he showed me is general public access. you just need to know where to look.

May 23rd, 2012, 1:07 pm
Modmin Dude

While I will admit the reminiscing has been fun, can we please get back on topic?
Kthxbye

May 23rd, 2012, 1:08 pm
Team MVP

Didnt know the best place to post this, but regardless..i like what im reading.

Quote:
Lions | Ndamukong Suh lines up on right side

Detroit Lions DL Ndamukong Suh lined up on the right side of the defensive line during the team's practice Monday, June 4, and defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham hinted Suh could be used in different ways this year. "Warren (Sapp) will be happy; I'm going to move (Suh) all over the place now," Cunningham said. "As a matter of fact, I showed him some of Warren's tape. Warren should be really happy."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=790911 ... z1wwttP6vo

AND HE SHOULD BE MOVED AROUND.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

June 5th, 2012, 3:32 pm
kdsberman wrote:

Quote:

Detroit Lions DL Ndamukong Suh lined up on the right side of the defensive line during the team's practice Monday, June 4, and defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham hinted Suh could be used in different ways this year. "Warren (Sapp) will be happy; I'm going to move (Suh) all over the place now," Cunningham said. "As a matter of fact, I showed him some of Warren's tape. Warren should be really happy."

We have enough talent at DT, and Suh is fast enough, that I would love to see us get away from the Wide 9 on first and 2nd down and have him play DE occasionally on rushing downs, especially if we're getting killed on the ground, or in goal-line situations.

June 5th, 2012, 4:02 pm
League MVP

they made some plays when they had Suh in the "joker" role lining up all over the d line and even choosing his own spots at time - it was effective early in the season but the lions stopped using it deeper in the season. also if fairley is healthy and sober he was very effective at the nose.

btw - what happened to allenslions? did he admit to being a fraud and leave or does he still claim to be legit? i was very impressed when the lions passed on the No 2 man on there board lamar miller for 3 rounds

June 5th, 2012, 5:30 pm
Team MVP

The Legend wrote:
they made some plays when they had Suh in the "joker" role lining up all over the d line and even choosing his own spots at time - it was effective early in the season but the lions stopped using it deeper in the season. also if fairley is healthy and sober he was very effective at the nose.

btw - what happened to allenslions? did he admit to being a fraud and leave or does he still claim to be legit? i was very impressed when the lions passed on the No 2 man on there board lamar miller for 3 rounds

I'm scratching my head about that too. I think we all would like an explanation about his predictions.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

June 6th, 2012, 12:38 am
Hall of Fame Player

wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Quote:

We have enough talent at DT, and Suh is fast enough, that I would love to see us get away from the Wide 9 on first and 2nd down and have him play DE occasionally on rushing downs, especially if we're getting killed on the ground, or in goal-line situations.

I would actually like to see our 5 man DLine more often.

Avril, Williams/Fairley, SLH, Suh, KVB. We devastate the Oline every time we use it.

June 6th, 2012, 7:02 pm
RIP Killer

are you sitting down cause this is a shocker - NOT...

Quote:
Jason Fox will miss Detroit Lions minicamp due to a knee injury

ALLEN PARK -- Detroit Lions tackle Jason Fox's biggest obstacle has been staying healthy since he was drafted in 2010.

He is battling injuries once again.

Fox missed the Lions' first day of mandatory minicamp practice due to a knee injury. Lions coach Jim Schwartz does not expect Fox to practice at all this week.

"Anybody that didn't practice today was injury related," Schwartz said. "Everybody's in town and here. We got a lot of things we're trying to sort of make sure they don't sort of roll up on us. Jason's had a good offseason, but his knee was getting a little bit sore, and we decided to shut him down. You won't see him for the minicamp. Other guys you'll see back.

"Today was a light day. The next two days are going to be almost training camp length to practice, number of reps, things like that, and we didn't want to go three days in a row that way, but we wanted to build toward it."

Fox, a former fourth-round pick, was sidelined all of last season due to a broken foot suffered in training camp, and then a knee injury that required surgery. He currently is battling Lions rookie Riley Reiff for playing time, but general manager Martin Mayhew previously said it was a critical year for Fox because of his consistent health problems.

However, Fox was not the only player absent from Tuesday's activities.

Lions cornerback Chris Greenwood, linebacker Stephen Tulloch (tedonitis in his knee), defensive tackle Sammie Hill and Louis Delmas (ankle) did not participate in Tuesday's practice. Detroit coach Jim Schwartz would not disclose the injuries to Fox or Hill.

In addition, Lions defensive end Cliff Avril missed practice because he refuses to sign the franchise tender place on him by Detroit earlier this offseason.

"There's a couple of guys we're holding out simply because of wear and tear," Schwartz said. "Other guys we shut down for this minicamp, and Jason was one of those guys."

June 12th, 2012, 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

IF Fox Doesnt Heal AND Wow in Training Camp, i could see him being 1 of the final cuts this season. He has NEVER been healthy enough for us to even see if he can play.

June 12th, 2012, 3:42 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next