View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 2nd, 2014, 12:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Naked Flesh-Chomping Zombie Cannibal in Miami 
RIP Killer

Post Naked Flesh-Chomping Zombie Cannibal in Miami
One of the craziest stories I've ever heard...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/29/2 ... rylink=cpy

Miami Herald wrote:
MIAMI -- It is being called one of this city's goriest crimes: A naked man was on top of another nude man along a busy highway, biting into the man's face, tearing it to pieces. A police officer arrived to help, but the mauler growled at him and continued to chew away, stopping only when he was shot to death.

Miami police said little Tuesday about the attack, which took place Saturday afternoon in the shadow of The Miami Herald headquarters. Surveillance video from the newspaper's security camera showed cars, motorcycles, pedestrians and bicyclists passing by.

The victim, identified as 65-year-old Ronald Poppo, a homeless man who lived under the causeway, was in critical condition.

"He had his face eaten down to his goatee. The forehead was just bone. No nose, no mouth," said Sgt. Armando Aguilar, president of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police. "In my opinion, he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Sgt. Javier Ortiz, vice president of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police, said it was one of the bloodiest "and goriest scenes I've ever been to."

"It was not only grotesque, it was just very sad, the amount of blood. It was very sad to see what happened to this gentleman that had his face eaten," Ortiz said.

It's not clear what led Rudy Eugene, 31, to attack Poppo. Eugene's ex-wife, Jenny Ductant, told WPLG-TV, said he was somewhat paranoid.

"I wouldn't say he had mental problem but he always felt like people was against him ... No one was for him, everyone was against him," she told the station. She and Eugene's mother declined comment when reached by The Associated Press.

Larry Vega was riding his bicycle off the causeway, which connects downtown Miami with Miami Beach, when he saw the attack.

"The guy was, like, tearing him to pieces with his mouth, so I told him, 'Get off!'" Vega told Miami television station WSVN (http://bit.ly/L6kwWt). "The guy just kept eating the other guy away, like, ripping his skin."

Vega flagged down the Miami police officer, who can be seen exiting his car on the Herald video. Vega said the officer repeatedly ordered the attacker to get off. Eugene just picked his head up and growled at the officer before continuing to maul his victim, Vega said.

The officer shot Eugene, but he just kept chewing, Vega said. The officer fired again, killing Eugene.

Vega refused to comment when reached by The Associated Press, saying he wanted to put what he witnessed behind him.

Detective William Moreno would not release details about the shooting, citing the ongoing investigation. The Miami-Dade County medical examiner declined to provide any information until after the autopsy, which was scheduled for Tuesday. Police have not released details from the autopsy and it could be weeks before the results of toxicology tests are available.

Ortiz said the officer, who is part of a crisis intervention team and trained to deal with the mentally ill, had no choice but to fire.

"He's clearly shaken up," Ortiz said, adding that the officer had been administratively reassigned pending an investigation, as is standard after an officer-involved shooting.

After the shooting, the Herald's video zooms in on the scene. Most of it is blocked by an overpass, but two sets of uncovered legs can be seen. One set never moves, while the other twists and turns as if the person is in pain.

"It was just a blob of blood," Vega said. "You couldn't really see, it was just blood all over the place."

Court records show that Poppo has several arrests for public intoxication.

According to Miami-Dade court records, Eugene had been arrested for multiple misdemeanors, mostly marijuana-related charges. The most recent arrest was in 2009. The Herald reported that he played football at a Miami area high school in the late 1990s.

Ives Eugene, who identified himself as Rudy Eugene's uncle, described his nephew as a "nice and hard-working" man who washed cars at a local dealership.

He said his nephew had asked his girlfriend to borrow her car, but she said no. "So he rode the bicycle, and he never came back home," he said.

May 30th, 2012, 11:36 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Naked Flesh-Chomping Zombie Cannibal in Miami
i have no words....

May 30th, 2012, 11:47 am
RIP Killer

I read another article that said something about some drug that both men may have been taking. Something that causes the internal organs to start "overheating" thereby explaining the nudity of both men. It also is a strong hallucinogen that could have driven the guy to attack as he did.

The officer had no choice.....

Just unbelievable.

May 30th, 2012, 2:34 pm
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
I read another article that said something about some drug that both men may have been taking. Something that causes the internal organs to start "overheating" thereby explaining the nudity of both men. It also is a strong hallucinogen that could have driven the guy to attack as he did.

Just unbelievable.

I heard that too, they called them "bath salts" - crazy stuff I guess.

May 30th, 2012, 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Pablo wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

Just unbelievable.

I heard that too, they called them "bath salts" - crazy stuff I guess.

Yep, bath salts which I read have been banned in 37 states.. looks like Florida isn't one of them.

NEVER GIVE UP!

May 30th, 2012, 4:29 pm

I read the bath salts article as well. My co-worker who also happens to be in the Music industry said hes heard of bath salts.

He said think LSD x 10, add Extreme Paranoia, Aggression, Adrenaline, Hallcinations that can lead to Delusions, and the overheating part. He said its very very bad poop.

Sounds like a fun Friday night right.

I dont get why people dont just stick to XXsmoker.gif or :cheers:

May 30th, 2012, 7:43 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

so I was browsing through epicfail.com and about page 2 had a guy all zombied up and going through an urban area chasing people.(cant paste the link, im at work now) If anyone gets the chance to see it It's Hilarious...up to and including the end when he chases off a bunch of large fellas but one of em figures out he's NOT a zombie and the whole crew goes after him.

He was in florida and the way people were running from him you'd think people really thought there was zombie outbreak down there.

EDIT to add link: http://vpic.epicfail.com/epicfail/incer ... ie.wmv.mp4

Last edited by regularjoe12 on June 6th, 2012, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 6th, 2012, 12:04 pm

Its a tangent but not too far out there: about 2 years ago I did a Zombie Pub Crawl with friends.. we had hollywood makeup artists doing the work, and about 100 of us hit the local downtown bar scene. We had some people run away screaming, and even had a few cars run red lights to get away from us when we were walking the streets. People are pretty silly when it comes to Zombies.

June 6th, 2012, 6:35 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
so I was browsing through epicfail.com and about page 2 had a guy all zombied up and going through an urban area chasing people.(cant paste the link, im at work now) If anyone gets the chance to see it It's Hilarious...up to and including the end when he chases off a bunch of large fellas but one of em figures out he's NOT a zombie and the whole crew goes after him.

He was in florida and the way people were running from him you'd think people really thought there was zombie outbreak down there.

EDIT to add link: http://vpic.epicfail.com/epicfail/incer ... ie.wmv.mp4

That dood is funny, but crazy. He is going to get himself shot.

June 7th, 2012, 10:16 am
Profile WWW

agreed. lol

I didnt hear any details but the radio reported another guys face getting eaten off. anyone else hear about it?

June 7th, 2012, 10:53 am
RIP Killer

Quote:
Zombie Apocalypse Continues in Louisiana as Man Bites Neighbor's Face Off

Another man has been attacked this weekend in a similar fashion to Ronald Poppo's horrific attack by Rudy Eugene last month. Carl Jacquneaux, 43, has been arrested in Scott, Louisiana, after biting off a neighbor's face. It is believed that he had been high on some sort of drug, according to police. "During the attack, the suspect bit a chunk of the victim's face off," said Scott Assistant Police Chief Kert Thomas.Another man has been attacked this weekend in a similar fashion to Ronald Poppo's horrific attack by Rudy Eugene last month. Carl Jacquneaux, 43, has been arrested in Scott, Louisiana, after biting off a neighbor's face. It is believed that he had been high on some sort of drug, according to police. "During the attack, the suspect bit a chunk of the victim's face off," said Scott Assistant Police Chief Kert Thomas.

Jacquneaux attacked the victim, Todd Credeur, whom he knew, over some kind of domestic issue at his home. His assailant attacked him while he was working in his front yard.

Credeur was pictured with a chunk of his face bitten off just below his left eye. He reportedly escaped from his attacker by spraying Wasp spray on him. According to police, he then went to another person's house and held him at knifepoint, stealing a gun. He was arrested there. "Very unusual, it's not something we see everyday," said Thomas.

The case is believed to be connected to bath salts.

Credeur has since been released from hospital and is recovering.

Jacquneaux remains in jail with a $312,500 bond.

On May 26, naked 31-year-old Rudy Eugene, who was believed to have been high on bath salts, attacked homeless man Ronald Poppo under a Miami causeway and chewed off 75 percent of his face. Eugene growled at an officer who told him to stop, and continued to eat his victim. He was subsequently shot and killed by police. Poppo remains in critical condition and is expected to survive, although the recovery will be very lengthy.

Following the "Miami Zombie" attack, a student in Maryland killed a man and ate his heart and brain. Alexandar Kinyua was arrested after admitting to have eaten his house mate Kujoe Bonsafo Agyei-Kodie's heart and brain.

Another man in Miami who is also believed to have been using bath salts, was arrested just days ago. Homeless man named Brandon DeLeon was arrested by police in Miami after he walked into a restaurant and started yelling at the police. He was acting like a rabid dog and growled at them. Police tried to calm him but when he refused, they took him into custody, where he reportedly banged his head on the bars of the jail, growled and tried to bite off an officer's hand.

June 7th, 2012, 11:16 am
Profile WWW

Thanks Pablo

so 3 zombie like activities in the past 2 weeks.....

and you guys didnt think anything of it when Dick Clark died. As their king he kept the Zombies under control. now that he's gone they've gone all willy nilly

June 7th, 2012, 11:42 am
RIP Killer

Yes, but Queen Zombie Joan Rivers is still around to direct them to attack the living.

And all you people who thought those gun advocates who were gearing up for a Zombie Apocolypse were crazy. Who has the last laugh now?

June 7th, 2012, 3:59 pm
Hall of Fame Player

regularjoe12 wrote:
Thanks Pablo

so 3 zombie like activities in the past 2 weeks.....

and you guys didnt think anything of it when Dick Clark died. As their king he kept the Zombies under control. now that he's gone they've gone all willy nilly

Be careful. I got chided not too long ago for saying Willy Nilly on this forum. LOL.

June 7th, 2012, 9:53 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

Didn't want to make a new thread for this but...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2155245/Dead-Brazilian-boy-wakes-funeral-asks-WATER-lying-lifeless.html

Quote:
A two-year-old boy sat up in his coffin and asked for water before laying back down again lifeless, according to a Brazilian news website.

In a case that seems almost too incredible to be true, ORM claimed that Kelvin Santos stopped breathing during treatment for pneumonia at a hospital in Belem, northern Brazil.

He was declared dead at 7.40pm on Friday and his body was handed over to his family in a plastic bag.

The child's devastated family took him home where grieving relatives held a wake throughout the night, with the boy's body laid in an open coffin.

But an hour before his funeral was due to take place on Saturday the boy apparently sat up in his coffin and said: 'Daddy, can I have some water?'.

The boy's father, Antonio Santos, said: 'Everybody started to scream, we couldn't believe our eyes. Then we thought a miracle had taken place and our boy had come back to life.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1xAvtNPl6

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”
-Stephen Colbert-

June 8th, 2012, 1:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next