View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 11th, 2016, 10:04 am



Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Lions sign FA WR Jarett Dillard 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9898
Location: Dallas
Post Lions sign FA WR Jarett Dillard
from the Jags after his workout today. A 5th round pick in 2009, the 5'10" 187-lb started 5 games last year (appeared in 14) with 29 catches for 292 yards and a TD. He missed all of 2010 with a foot injury and broke his ankle as a rook. He was released early last month (5/7) after an escalator bumped his 2012 contract to $1.26M.

Detroit now has 13 WRs on its 90-man roster, not sure how this kid makes the roster unless Nate is cut. We have CJ, Nate, Young, Stovall, and the rookie Broyles who all seem to be locks. Logan may be a WR spot as well and UFA is turning heads at the OTAs.

NOTE: NCAA Record 60 career TD catches with Rice

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


June 11th, 2012, 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3485
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Lions sign FA WR Jarett Dillard
If it improves the team overall, im all for it.


June 11th, 2012, 4:26 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2824
Post Re: Lions sign FA WR Jarett Dillard
Long time between now and final roster cuts...anything can happen I suppose...

_________________
"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell


June 11th, 2012, 4:38 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3056
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: Lions sign FA WR Jarett Dillard
I'm curious as to why Nate would need to be cut when you have Maurice Stovall and a few other veteran receivers on ST that could be let go.

_________________
Acts 4:13, 1 Cor. 2:1-5, Rom. 12:1-2


June 12th, 2012, 9:03 am
Profile
Off. Coordinator – Joe Lombardi
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 4180
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Lions sign FA WR Jarett Dillard
Stovall was the name that popped into my head when I read this myself. It fine that they are looking for better depth at wr....but that's all they are doing.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


June 12th, 2012, 12:32 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9898
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Lions sign FA WR Jarett Dillard
FYI - OT Quinn Barham, an UFA from Penn State, was the player released to make room for Dillard.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


June 12th, 2012, 2:09 pm
Profile WWW
William Clay Ford Jr.
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 8665
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Lions sign FA WR Jarett Dillard
Pablo wrote:
from the Jags after his workout today. A 5th round pick in 2009, the 5'10" 187-lb started 5 games last year (appeared in 14) with 29 catches for 292 yards and a TD. He missed all of 2010 with a foot injury and broke his ankle as a rook. He was released early last month (5/7) after an escalator bumped his 2012 contract to $1.26M.

Detroit now has 13 WRs on its 90-man roster, not sure how this kid makes the roster unless Nate is cut. We have CJ, Nate, Young, Stovall, and the rookie Broyles who all seem to be locks. Logan may be a WR spot as well and UFA is turning heads at the OTAs.

NOTE: NCAA Record 60 career TD catches with Rice


Well, Broyles will spend the year on IR. At least 1 of our rookies every year do it. I suspected that we drafted him with that intent from the get go.


June 12th, 2012, 10:52 pm
Profile
National Champion

Joined: August 13th, 2006, 11:04 pm
Posts: 894
Location: Colorado
Post Re: Lions sign FA WR Jarett Dillard
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
from the Jags after his workout today. A 5th round pick in 2009, the 5'10" 187-lb started 5 games last year (appeared in 14) with 29 catches for 292 yards and a TD. He missed all of 2010 with a foot injury and broke his ankle as a rook. He was released early last month (5/7) after an escalator bumped his 2012 contract to $1.26M.

Detroit now has 13 WRs on its 90-man roster, not sure how this kid makes the roster unless Nate is cut. We have CJ, Nate, Young, Stovall, and the rookie Broyles who all seem to be locks. Logan may be a WR spot as well and UFA is turning heads at the OTAs.

NOTE: NCAA Record 60 career TD catches with Rice


Well, Broyles will spend the year on IR. At least 1 of our rookies every year do it. I suspected that we drafted him with that intent from the get go.



Are we 100% sure Broyels will be on IR? Have they stated this? Not doubting you, Billy. I'm just hoping that's not the case.


June 13th, 2012, 7:58 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 10398
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Lions sign FA WR Jarett Dillard
Hystrix wrote:
Are we 100% sure Broyels will be on IR? Have they stated this? Not doubting you, Billy. I'm just hoping that's not the case.


No, it's not 100% sure. Billy is postulating that. The Lions have officially said they expect him to be healthy for the start of the season. However, they say that about every injured player. I suspect he will begin the season on the PUP, and the Lions will make their decision on him after that.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


June 13th, 2012, 8:27 am
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2824
Post Re: Lions sign FA WR Jarett Dillard
Broyles seems to be participating quite a bit for a guy due to go on IR.

_________________
"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell


June 13th, 2012, 8:45 am
Profile
National Champion

Joined: August 13th, 2006, 11:04 pm
Posts: 894
Location: Colorado
Post Re: Lions sign FA WR Jarett Dillard
m2karateman wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
Are we 100% sure Broyels will be on IR? Have they stated this? Not doubting you, Billy. I'm just hoping that's not the case.


No, it's not 100% sure. Billy is postulating that. The Lions have officially said they expect him to be healthy for the start of the season. However, they say that about every injured player. I suspect he will begin the season on the PUP, and the Lions will make their decision on him after that.


Ok. I thought that was more of a prediction than a fact, but I wanted to be sure I didn't miss something. It's awful early to place someone on IR...


June 13th, 2012, 9:45 am
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2824
Post Re: Lions sign FA WR Jarett Dillard
Also don't forget IR has changed slightly this year:

Quote:
The owners also voted to move the trading deadline from after Week 6 to after Week 8, and to allow one "marquee" player placed on injured reserve to return to practice after the sixth week of the schedule and to the lineup after the eighth week. That player must be on the 53-man roster after the final preseason cut.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/f ... z1xgIDxoZm

_________________
"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell


June 13th, 2012, 9:50 am
Profile
William Clay Ford Jr.
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 8665
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Lions sign FA WR Jarett Dillard
Hystrix wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
from the Jags after his workout today. A 5th round pick in 2009, the 5'10" 187-lb started 5 games last year (appeared in 14) with 29 catches for 292 yards and a TD. He missed all of 2010 with a foot injury and broke his ankle as a rook. He was released early last month (5/7) after an escalator bumped his 2012 contract to $1.26M.

Detroit now has 13 WRs on its 90-man roster, not sure how this kid makes the roster unless Nate is cut. We have CJ, Nate, Young, Stovall, and the rookie Broyles who all seem to be locks. Logan may be a WR spot as well and UFA is turning heads at the OTAs.

NOTE: NCAA Record 60 career TD catches with Rice


Well, Broyles will spend the year on IR. At least 1 of our rookies every year do it. I suspected that we drafted him with that intent from the get go.



Are we 100% sure Broyels will be on IR? Have they stated this? Not doubting you, Billy. I'm just hoping that's not the case.


No, they haven't stated that. YET! LOL. But, I fully expect it to happen.


June 13th, 2012, 10:40 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.