View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 10:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Lions sign FA WR Jarett Dillard 
RIP Killer

Post Lions sign FA WR Jarett Dillard
from the Jags after his workout today. A 5th round pick in 2009, the 5'10" 187-lb started 5 games last year (appeared in 14) with 29 catches for 292 yards and a TD. He missed all of 2010 with a foot injury and broke his ankle as a rook. He was released early last month (5/7) after an escalator bumped his 2012 contract to $1.26M.

Detroit now has 13 WRs on its 90-man roster, not sure how this kid makes the roster unless Nate is cut. We have CJ, Nate, Young, Stovall, and the rookie Broyles who all seem to be locks. Logan may be a WR spot as well and UFA is turning heads at the OTAs.

NOTE: NCAA Record 60 career TD catches with Rice

June 11th, 2012, 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

Post Re: Lions sign FA WR Jarett Dillard
If it improves the team overall, im all for it.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

June 11th, 2012, 4:26 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Long time between now and final roster cuts...anything can happen I suppose...

June 11th, 2012, 4:38 pm
QB Coach

I'm curious as to why Nate would need to be cut when you have Maurice Stovall and a few other veteran receivers on ST that could be let go.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

June 12th, 2012, 9:03 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Stovall was the name that popped into my head when I read this myself. It fine that they are looking for better depth at wr....but that's all they are doing.

June 12th, 2012, 12:32 pm
RIP Killer

FYI - OT Quinn Barham, an UFA from Penn State, was the player released to make room for Dillard.

June 12th, 2012, 2:09 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran General Manager

Pablo wrote:
from the Jags after his workout today. A 5th round pick in 2009, the 5'10" 187-lb started 5 games last year (appeared in 14) with 29 catches for 292 yards and a TD. He missed all of 2010 with a foot injury and broke his ankle as a rook. He was released early last month (5/7) after an escalator bumped his 2012 contract to $1.26M.

Detroit now has 13 WRs on its 90-man roster, not sure how this kid makes the roster unless Nate is cut. We have CJ, Nate, Young, Stovall, and the rookie Broyles who all seem to be locks. Logan may be a WR spot as well and UFA is turning heads at the OTAs.

Well, Broyles will spend the year on IR. At least 1 of our rookies every year do it. I suspected that we drafted him with that intent from the get go.

June 12th, 2012, 10:52 pm
National Champion

BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Well, Broyles will spend the year on IR. At least 1 of our rookies every year do it. I suspected that we drafted him with that intent from the get go.

Are we 100% sure Broyels will be on IR? Have they stated this? Not doubting you, Billy. I'm just hoping that's not the case.

June 13th, 2012, 7:58 am
RIP Killer

Hystrix wrote:
Are we 100% sure Broyels will be on IR? Have they stated this? Not doubting you, Billy. I'm just hoping that's not the case.

No, it's not 100% sure. Billy is postulating that. The Lions have officially said they expect him to be healthy for the start of the season. However, they say that about every injured player. I suspect he will begin the season on the PUP, and the Lions will make their decision on him after that.

June 13th, 2012, 8:27 am

Broyles seems to be participating quite a bit for a guy due to go on IR.

June 13th, 2012, 8:45 am
National Champion

m2karateman wrote:
Hystrix wrote:

No, it's not 100% sure. Billy is postulating that. The Lions have officially said they expect him to be healthy for the start of the season. However, they say that about every injured player. I suspect he will begin the season on the PUP, and the Lions will make their decision on him after that.

Ok. I thought that was more of a prediction than a fact, but I wanted to be sure I didn't miss something. It's awful early to place someone on IR...

June 13th, 2012, 9:45 am

Also don't forget IR has changed slightly this year:

Quote:
The owners also voted to move the trading deadline from after Week 6 to after Week 8, and to allow one "marquee" player placed on injured reserve to return to practice after the sixth week of the schedule and to the lineup after the eighth week. That player must be on the 53-man roster after the final preseason cut.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/f ... z1xgIDxoZm

June 13th, 2012, 9:50 am
Veteran General Manager

Hystrix wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:

No, they haven't stated that. YET! LOL. But, I fully expect it to happen.

June 13th, 2012, 10:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]