View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 17th, 2014, 5:38 pm



Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 How we got our Bible. 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7366
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post How we got our Bible.
I know regularjoe12 has asked how we got our Bible and a couple of others have mentioned all the books that were left out of the Bible. So, if any of you really want to find out how we got our Bible, Here you go. It costs $19.95 ( Small price to pay to get your answers).

Buy it here: http://resources.khouse.org/products/dvd27/
Image


June 29th, 2012, 10:17 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7366
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: How we got our Bible.
I am not connected with Chuck Missler in any way other than I listen to him on the radio. I do not make even $.01 from the sale of this DVD.


June 29th, 2012, 10:21 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2654
Post Re: How we got our Bible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developmen ... ical_canon


July 1st, 2012, 12:57 pm
Profile
Walk On

Joined: September 11th, 2010, 10:19 pm
Posts: 408
Post Re: How we got our Bible.
Blueskies wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_the_Christian_biblical_canon


Clearly... one of the factions/branches/sects/whatever got the word of God perfect - and the rest will burn for eternity in hellfire (with me, I suppose). lol

I'm grateful that there is no such thing as eternity or endless time, from a scientific standpoint.


July 1st, 2012, 7:48 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9448
Location: Dallas
Post Re: How we got our Bible.
Quote:
How we got our Bible


By political vote some 1,500 years after ther fact... if that isn't "divinely inspired" I don't know what is!

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


July 2nd, 2012, 11:25 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: How we got our Bible.
:lol: you guys are funny!

In the OT God spoke to different men, at different times, via different ways, but never in full conversational speech. It was more along the lines of fragments, or visions, or even words. But when Jesus came into the picture, John stated, "In the beginning was the WORD, the WORD was with God, and the WORD was God." Biblical authors, teachers and Pastors will tell you that the capitalization of the word WORD, is a direct reference to Jesus. Then if you jump ahead a few books you see this:

Hebrew 1:1-3, "God’s Final Word: His Son
1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven."

I bring this up, because of all our discussions past, and present, Jesus is the hinge point of all of it. For the "I'll believe it when I see it crowd" you are not going to see it, UNLESS you see it through Jesus. He's the gate, the door, the way through, and there are NO shortcuts.

So the human Bible, written and translated is as you say, but it is no different than the Cherokee language being put to print by Sequoah or anyone else. Again, we're chasing rabbits discussing the human equivalent, and not taking into context the Spiritual context that was and is directly spoken of.

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


July 2nd, 2012, 1:24 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7366
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: How we got our Bible.
People keep asking how we got our Bible. So, I posted a link where you can find your answer. If you really want to know the truth, it should certainly be worth $20 to you. If not, I guess you just don't really want to know the truth. You just want to keep it as a point of contention.


July 2nd, 2012, 9:29 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7366
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: How we got our Bible.
Blueskies wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_the_Christian_biblical_canon


Well, you got your money's worth with Wiki. Pretty watered down and useless.

I still suggest that you check out Chuck Missler. He is very intelligent and will explain it in an entertaining and informative manner. If you truly want to know, it should be worth $20 to you.


July 2nd, 2012, 9:37 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7366
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: How we got our Bible.
I.E. wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_the_Christian_biblical_canon


Clearly... one of the factions/branches/sects/whatever got the word of God perfect - and the rest will burn for eternity in hellfire (with me, I suppose). lol

I'm grateful that there is no such thing as eternity or endless time, from a scientific standpoint.


Well, from a Biblical standpoint, eternity does exist. And you won't be standing in front of Einstein when you die.


July 2nd, 2012, 9:39 pm
Profile
3rd Round Selection

Joined: October 19th, 2005, 1:24 pm
Posts: 1143
Location: Nottingham, England
Post Re: How we got our Bible.
BillySims wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_the_Christian_biblical_canon


Well, you got your money's worth with Wiki. Pretty watered down and useless.

I still suggest that you check out Chuck Missler. He is very intelligent and will explain it in an entertaining and informative manner. If you truly want to know, it should be worth $20 to you.

It's not worth $20 to me, given my expectation of the author. The guy seems stupid: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/67355-pean ... -evolution and dishonest: http://articles.latimes.com/1992-07-30/ ... ck-missler

If you fancy summarising what he says, I'll happily spend 20 miunutes reading it. But no way am I sending $20 to that guy.


July 3rd, 2012, 6:44 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9448
Location: Dallas
Post Re: How we got our Bible.
Matthew 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves"

Chuck Missler is a freak and a false prophet, he also has suggested that the whole world is a "hologram". He thinks that our world is a series of projections from a world far from ours and reality is beyond space and time.

He is facinated with Chaos theory, numerology, and even Jewish mysticism. I'd bet that this guy would love to form some sort of Utopian cult someday.

For more on this guy, check these articles out:

http://ephesians511blog.blogspot.com/20 ... hurch.html

http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/2011/ ... p-new.html

And herein lies the problem. Believers so badly want to believe there is no "inner skeptic", no "reality check", no "filter" - just belief. If the heart says it is the "truth", it must be - right?

But hey, if you think fallen angels, Nephilim, UFO encounters, and alien abductions, all tie into the Bible - go for it. If that is your bag, however, may I suggest Scientology might be an even better fit for your belief system?

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


July 3rd, 2012, 10:08 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: How we got our Bible.
=D> impressive use of Scripture!!!

I can not speak for others, but this is why I try to speak about a relationship with Jesus Christ. It's personal, and I can only share examples from what I know of my personal walk. As I've suggested, discussing things in days gone by, for the sake of argument is wasted effort. What is important is the relationship with Christ.

"Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the WORD of God."

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


July 3rd, 2012, 12:31 pm
Profile
Walk On

Joined: September 11th, 2010, 10:19 pm
Posts: 408
Post Re: How we got our Bible.
BillySims wrote:
I.E. wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_the_Christian_biblical_canon


Clearly... one of the factions/branches/sects/whatever got the word of God perfect - and the rest will burn for eternity in hellfire (with me, I suppose). lol

I'm grateful that there is no such thing as eternity or endless time, from a scientific standpoint.


Well, from a Biblical standpoint, eternity does exist. And you won't be standing in front of Einstein when you die.


Lots of things exist from a Biblical standpoint that don't really exist in reality - Hell is one great example. But above is something you and I can definitely agree on - I will certainly not be standing when I'm dead. I'll be taking a dirt nap until our solar system (or its remains) gets sucked into a black hole, and time stops.


July 3rd, 2012, 5:43 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7366
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: How we got our Bible.
UK Lion wrote:
It's not worth $20 to me, given my expectation of the author. The guy seems stupid: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/67355-pean ... -evolution and dishonest: http://articles.latimes.com/1992-07-30/ ... ck-missler


This is the text of your first link.

Quote:
Peanut butter 'disproves evolution'
Chuck Missler

Who would have thought that the answers to the mysteries of the universe lie at the bottom of a jar of peanut butter? Well, they do if you believe creationist Chuck Missler's 'educational' video.

Missler, who is billed as an engineer and author, tries to disprove claims by evolutionists that energy plus matter sometimes results in the creation of life.

His theory is that, since no-one has ever found spontaneously-generated life in a jar of peanut butter, matter plus energy from the sun could not have caused life on Earth.

Missler explains: "A jar of peanut butter contains matter and is exposed to light and heat but we never find new life inside unless an outside life contaminates it.

"If the theory of evolution is viable then I should, occasionally, by subjecting this to energy, end up having new life.

"If I open this jar of peanut butter, maybe not often but on some occasion, I should find new life inside but when we open the jar of peanut butter and look in there, there's no new life."

We look forward to his next ground-breaking video in which he uses a jar of Marmite to prove that dinosaurs never existed.


JUST EXACTLY, WHAT IS FALSE ABOUT WHAT HE SAID?

The writer is mocking him for telling FACTS :!: Have you EVER found a new life form in the bottom of your jar of peanut butter? I suspect not.

As far as your second link. I agree that he should have credited the other guy. But, that does not make what was said wrong.


July 4th, 2012, 2:43 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7366
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: How we got our Bible.
Pablo wrote:
Matthew 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves"

Chuck Missler is a freak and a false prophet, he also has suggested that the whole world is a "hologram". He thinks that our world is a series of projections from a world far from ours and reality is beyond space and time.

He is facinated with Chaos theory, numerology, and even Jewish mysticism. I'd bet that this guy would love to form some sort of Utopian cult someday.

For more on this guy, check these articles out:

http://ephesians511blog.blogspot.com/20 ... hurch.html


I listen to him every week night. I have never heard him endorsing any such thing as necromancy, divination, or Sorcery. Exactly as he said in the article. He does use numerology in a sense, because GOD uses numerology. 12 tribes, 12 disciples, 666 being the # of Man, 777 being the # of GOD, 13 being the number of completeness, ect. As far as what this blog is discussing, it happened before I started listening to him. So, I don't know what really happened. All I can say is what I have heard of him. And I would say that blog is full of poop.

Pablo wrote:
http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/2011/10/videos-exposing-chuck-misslers-deep-new.html


In the blog from this link, this quote is at the top of the page.
Quote:
I do not know anything about the author of these videos, and may not agree with everything--always watch with discernment [wished he chose a different name] but he goes into the deep new world order connections of Chuck Missler. If you go to his page, there seems to be some odd theology regarding keeping to the law. The videos are well done though and contain useful information. There is more here, I didn't even know........
The Bolded part Pretty much discredits himself.


Pablo wrote:
And herein lies the problem. Believers so badly want to believe there is no "inner skeptic", no "reality check", no "filter" - just belief. If the heart says it is the "truth", it must be - right?

But hey, if you think fallen angels, Nephilim, UFO encounters, and alien abductions, all tie into the Bible - go for it. If that is your bag, however, may I suggest Scientology might be an even better fit for your belief system?


And herein lies the problem. When you resort to using Utube for your "Truth" you will end up with egg on your face.


July 4th, 2012, 3:04 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.