View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 24th, 2014, 12:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Who is the Lions' greatest rival? 

Who is the Lions' biggest rival?
Chicago Bears 59%  59%  [ 13 ]
Green Bay Packers 41%  41%  [ 9 ]
Minnesota Vikings 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
San Francisco 49ers 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 22

Who is the Lions' greatest rival? 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Who is the Lions' greatest rival?
well played sir! lol

June 21st, 2012, 2:40 pm
Varsity Captain

I recall Lions players that agreed with Schwartzs' reaction, and not one that disagreed. (Could be wrong).

The poster also agreed with Schwartzs' reaction.

I said he could play for the Lions with that attitude. Perhaps I should have said "mentality". Same enough difference, imo.

I don't see the big deal you are trying to make out of this. Is this really the part where I went too far? Now we gotta keep going an extra page to discuss what the definition of "rude" is, and IF I had crossed the line? Or are we just really bored and trying to create something that's not there?

June 22nd, 2012, 3:41 pm

Quote:
I recall Lions players that agreed with Schwartzs' reaction, and not one that disagreed. (Could be wrong).

What do you call a player that publicly disaproves of his coach? UNEMPLOYED

common man... what kind of reaction were you expecting?

Quote:
I said he could play for the Lions with that attitude. Perhaps I should have said "mentality". Same enough difference, imo.

explain to me how this was not meant to be condesending....cuz im missing something if you think it's not...

Quote:
Or are we just really bored

Of course we're bored..YOU TOO! we're carousing a football site in the offseason..thats the living definition of boredom!

June 22nd, 2012, 5:46 pm
RIP Killer

49ers wrote:

And how many 49ers players called out Harbaugh for starting the whole thing? Uh, that would be NONE. One cannot expect a player on a team to not side with his coach. Do you really expect that it would be otherwise.

49ers wrote:
The poster also agreed with Schwartzs' reaction.

And? For some people, Schwartz simply reacted the way many people would if that happened to them. Doesn't make it right, but certainly makes it very understandable. And with the outstanding job Schwartz has done here, I don't think you can easily find someone that is a true Lions fan that would come out and say that Schwartz was flat out wrong. I think he could have handled it better, but I don't see him as completely at fault, not by a longshot.

49ers wrote:

And you still aren't explaining EXACTLY what was meant by what you said. It still seems to me that it was a knock on both the team and the individual. Therefore, by definition, it makes it a rude remark. I don't think it's that big of a deal...but to pretend it wasn't an intentional slam is sort of foolish.

49ers wrote:
I don't see the big deal you are trying to make out of this. Is this really the part where I went too far? Now we gotta keep going an extra page to discuss what the definition of "rude" is, and IF I had crossed the line? Or are we just really bored and trying to create something that's not there?

As I said originally, you reacted negatively, as per your statement. It's no different than what Schwartz did. In your eyes, he over reacted and could have handled it differently. That same could be said of your response. You could have been the "bigger man" and not made the last statement. We would have never gotten here if you had taken the high road.

June 22nd, 2012, 9:07 pm
Varsity Captain

Wow.

June 23rd, 2012, 9:09 am
QB Coach

I'm hearing that the Lions are listed as 9-7 this year and making the playoffs, but Green Bay will be #2 and Bears #1 and winning the division. I don't know the source but supposedly it's the football talking heads, and this is coming to me from a Bears fan.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

June 25th, 2012, 4:00 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Thats going to be tough considering the bears will be losing both games to GB this season unless Rodgers is hurt. Not that suprising considering the source however.

June 25th, 2012, 4:19 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
49ers wrote:
Wow.

They post back about each statement and you come back with a wow? Not getting involved with this but really man?! Wow..

Next...!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

July 6th, 2012, 1:35 am
Profile WWW
Walk On

DJ-B wrote:
Thats going to be tough considering the bears will be losing both games to GB this season unless Rodgers is hurt. Not that suprising considering the source however.

Who ISN'T likely to lose their game (or both games for the NFCN) to GB this year unless Rodgers is hurt? I friggin hate the Packers, but you gotta respect Rodgers & what he is able to do - the man is in an NFL QB Zone.

Sure, the Pack will likely lose 3-4 games this year... but it isn't because of anything that you can see on paper at this point (including with the Bears). It is just going to happen a few times, when somebody gets lucky & outshoots them or the Pack make a few too many mistakes/turnovers. That's the NFL.

July 6th, 2012, 11:41 am
Varsity Captain

Lions2SB2 wrote:
They post back about each statement and you come back with a wow? Not getting involved with this but really man?! Wow..

Next...!

Why continue? Everyone is nit-picking the smallest things I say. Even you had to make an entire post about 1 three-letter word. M2K agreed with a few things I said and didn't even realize it, and he's dead WRONG when he said that no 49ers thought what Harbaugh did was stupid. Several players said he over-reacted but "that's who he is".

I could go on.... but it's silly..... hence the "wow".

July 6th, 2012, 12:41 pm

49ers wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:

Next...!

Why continue? Everyone is nit-picking the smallest things I say. Even you had to make an entire post about 1 three-letter word. M2K agreed with a few things I said and didn't even realize it, and he's dead WRONG when he said that no 49ers thought what Harbaugh did was stupid. Several players said he over-reacted but "that's who he is".

I could go on.... but it's silly..... hence the "wow".

I'd love to pat you on the back for taking the high road.........but that's not really what you did. Neither m2k or myself said anything offensive (ok I mighty used sarcasm for the sake of a joke) and basically kept things at an even keeled discussion level. You saying wow and backing out wasn't exactly taking the high road so much as you getting caught in a pile a B.S. and not wanting to admit it and tuck tale and hiding.

I calls it likes I sees it.

July 6th, 2012, 7:03 pm
Varsity Captain

regularjoe12 wrote:
Neither m2k or myself said anything offensive (ok I mighty used sarcasm for the sake of a joke) and basically kept things at an even keeled discussion level. You saying wow and backing out wasn't exactly taking the high road so much as you getting caught in a pile a B.S. and not wanting to admit it and tuck tale and hiding.

OK, it's starting to get irritating, and I don't know if you're doing it on purpose or not. I never took offense. Never did I say I took offense, and never did I get mad. I said you're nit-picking every little thing I say, and doing it incorrectly (as you just did... by assuming I took offense). I also never said I was taking the high road. I said it's pointless to continue since everyone is talking about minute details I write, rather than keeping the topic on the big picture (aka, the greatest rival). It's way off topic, and I don't want to continue if it's off topic. That's why I stopped. And if we're not going to discuss Lions v 49ers, then I'm done here.

July 7th, 2012, 11:17 am
National Champion

49ers wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Neither m2k or myself said anything offensive (ok I mighty used sarcasm for the sake of a joke) and basically kept things at an even keeled discussion level. You saying wow and backing out wasn't exactly taking the high road so much as you getting caught in a pile a B.S. and not wanting to admit it and tuck tale and hiding.

OK, it's starting to get irritating, and I don't know if you're doing it on purpose or not. I never took offense. Never did I say I took offense, and never did I get mad. I said you're nit-picking every little thing I say, and doing it incorrectly (as you just did... by assuming I took offense). I also never said I was taking the high road. I said it's pointless to continue since everyone is talking about minute details I write, rather than keeping the topic on the big picture (aka, the greatest rival). It's way off topic, and I don't want to continue if it's off topic. That's why I stopped. And if we're not going to discuss Lions v 49ers, then I'm done here.

The Lions/49ers could have a cross division rivalry as long as both teams stay relevent. By both teams, I mostly mean the Lions as they are the more likley cantidate to slip into obscurity (an 8-8 record or worse). No Lions/49er rivalry could be as big as the Lions/Bears or Lions/Packers. However, it could be the biggest rivalry of two non-divsion teams (think the Packers/Cowboys rivalry of the 90's)...

July 8th, 2012, 7:01 am
Team MVP

WarEr4Christ wrote:
I'm hearing that the Lions are listed as 9-7 this year and making the playoffs, but Green Bay will be #2 and Bears #1 and winning the division. I don't know the source but supposedly it's the football talking heads, and this is coming to me from a Bears fan.

If the lions go 9-7 I definetly don't see the bears winning the division. I think it's gonna be GB, Detroit, Chicago, Minnesota.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

July 9th, 2012, 7:20 am
QB Coach

I'm not sure how good Chicago will be this year. I see them having an edge over us because of their run game, but that's too close to call. Now that Martz is out, they won't have the 7 step drop debacle which will make their OL better, but Tice was a dufus as a HC in Minnie, I don't know how he is as an OC.

GB is one injury away from being middle of the pack, but Detroit and Chicago are probably a wash at this point.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

July 9th, 2012, 7:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next