View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 4:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Who is the Lions' greatest rival? 

Who is the Lions' biggest rival?
Chicago Bears 59%  59%  [ 13 ]
Green Bay Packers 41%  41%  [ 9 ]
Minnesota Vikings 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
San Francisco 49ers 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 22

Who is the Lions' greatest rival? 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Who is the Lions' greatest rival?
WarEr4Christ wrote:
I'm not sure how good Chicago will be this year. I see them having an edge over us because of their run game, but that's too close to call. Now that Martz is out, they won't have the 7 step drop debacle which will make their OL better, but Tice was a dufus as a HC in Minnie, I don't know how he is as an OC.

GB is one injury away from being middle of the pack, but Detroit and Chicago are probably a wash at this point.

The only team in the NFC North that doesn't get substantially hurt if their starting QB gets hurt is Minnesota, mostly because their starter is nothing to write home about. Detroit is probably in the best shape in regards to having a capable backup QB though. I understand that Chicago signed Jason Campbell, but I really don't think he's as good with the ball as Shaun Hill. Campbell is far better than Caleb Hanie, though. Green Bay is the team that would be most affected by having their starter get hurt. But Green Bay did a really good job of drafting some players at positions of need on defense. I think Nick Perry is going to be a force for them, and Jerel Worthy could be excellent as a 34 DE.

People want to keep bringing up the fact that the Packers were the worst against the pass in 2011. However, when teams are throwing the ball constantly in an effort to keep up with you, that's going to happen. Teams threw the ball against Detroit because they could, they threw against Green Bay because they had to. Big difference.

It should be an interesting season in the NFCN. I don't think Green Bay runs away with it like last year, but they are definitely still the team to beat. Between Detroit and Chicago it really is a toss up.

July 9th, 2012, 9:27 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
49ers wrote:
I said you're nit-picking every little thing I say

Look around, it's an internet forum, lot of forums are like that.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

July 9th, 2012, 11:26 am
Profile WWW
Junior Varsity

Clearly the fact that we must have this discussion is quite telling about the history of our team. The Lions biggest rival? Themselves, period. The pack and the bears view the Lions as insignificant, and that won't change until you push them around a few years in a row. Not saying we haven't made some progress recently, but we haven't made anybody hate us yet, which is what a rivalry comes down to.

July 10th, 2012, 8:46 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

devildog wrote:
Clearly the fact that we must have this discussion is quite telling about the history of our team. The Lions biggest rival? Themselves, period. The pack and the bears view the Lions as insignificant, and that won't change until you push them around a few years in a row. Not saying we haven't made some progress recently, but we haven't made anybody hate us yet, which is what a rivalry comes down to.

sad but true

July 10th, 2012, 5:01 pm
Junior Varsity

I wasn't going to be the only one to vote "other", so if I had to vote, and I did, pack, hands down. You can't live in the U.P. and not hate the packerbackers. Their all tools.

July 11th, 2012, 8:45 am
National Champion

devildog wrote:
I wasn't going to be the only one to vote "other", so if I had to vote, and I did, pack, hands down. You can't live in the U.P. and not hate the packerbackers. Their all tools.

You...are...my...HERO.

I am so thinking about putting your post as my signature right now.

July 11th, 2012, 9:51 am
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

devildog wrote:

I went to School at MI Tech....The Michigan Vs. Wisconsin rivalry is CRAZY up there. College, Football, Baseball, Basketball, damn near everything. Cant blaim the cheeseheads though....the only thing that state has going for it is cows and beer....OH and the whole union killer thing they got going on...I'll be fair and give em credit for that too.

July 11th, 2012, 11:50 am
Hall of Fame Player

devildog wrote:

Apparently you weren't paying attention last season as we started out the new darlings of the NFL and by mid-season became everyone's favorite whipping boy.

The only thing that has saved us this off season, with all the arrests, is the N.O. Bountygate scandal.

July 12th, 2012, 1:21 pm
Junior Varsity

I was paying attention. Just didn't think that had anything to do with the question.

July 16th, 2012, 9:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5