View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2014, 3:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Should the Tigers buy or sell at the trade deadline? 

Should the Tigers be buyers or sellers at the trade deadline?
Buy 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
Sell 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Should the Tigers buy or sell at the trade deadline? 
Team MVP

Post Re: Should the Tigers buy or sell at the trade deadline?
aManNamedSuh wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
My pointing out of Cabby and Princes' shortcomings is quite simply, restating what I said would happen when we signed Prince - that our defense would suffer, it would off-set the increase in offensive production, and it would be a WASTE OF MONEY - which it has been, flat out. We have one of the highest payrolls in the league, and we're getting beat by teams that spend literally a THIRD of what we're spending. That's disgusting, but that's what happens when you have two of the best first basemen in the game, and you have one of them play 3rd.

This states your point perfectly and I understand your point clearly. I think the second half of the season and going into next season you'll see better play, they just need to get a quality 2nd baseman to anchor in infield and I think Cabby will improve after a full season under his belt back at 3rd. As for Fielder, he has never been a great 1st baseman, so I don't think his play will improve on defense. But I think his Offensive number will explode once he is completely used to Comerica Park.

Here's to hoping!

I think that explosion has started already.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

July 11th, 2012, 11:06 am
League MVP

they are firmly establishing themselves as buyers!!!

July 19th, 2012, 9:27 pm
Veteran General Manager

I would not be surprised to see them trade Porcello in a package to get another SP. After that disgusting performance the other day, they can trade away Turner. He will never be even an average SP in the Major leagues. That was his 3rd Major league start, I think he had 2 starts last season, and he has stunk in all 3.

I don't think they will do anything to disturb the Batting order. They are finally clicking.

July 20th, 2012, 12:03 am
BillySims wrote:
I would not be surprised to see them trade Porcello in a package to get another SP. After that disgusting performance the other day, they can trade away Turner. He will never be even an average SP in the Major leagues. That was his 3rd Major league start, I think he had 2 starts last season, and he has stunk in all 3.

I don't think they will do anything to disturb the Batting order. They are finally clicking.

I love how you're willing to throw away a 21 year old pitcher that has played well in the minors and just got his fastball into the mid-90's after one poor start. [-X

Over-react much?

Turner is trade bait because he has huge potential. He just needs to add some movement to a fastball that has been working for him in the minors. His last start he just learned a lesson that most young pitchers learn the hard way - 96 mph isn't fast enough in the Majors. If it doesn't move it will get hit.

July 20th, 2012, 12:24 am
Veteran General Manager

wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I love how you're willing to throw away a 21 year old pitcher that has played well in the minors and just got his fastball into the mid-90's after one poor start. [-X

Over-react much?

Turner is trade bait because he has huge potential. He just needs to add some movement to a fastball that has been working for him in the minors. His last start he just learned a lesson that most young pitchers learn the hard way - 96 mph isn't fast enough in the Majors. If it doesn't move it will get hit.

3rd Major league start. And he stunk in all 3. He is a minor league all star. That's the best he will ever be. He doesn't have Major League stuff.

July 20th, 2012, 12:27 am
Heisman Winner

BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Over-react much?

3rd Major league start. And he stunk in all 3. He is a minor league all star. That's the best he will ever be. He doesn't have Major League stuff.

Wow, knee jerk much. Verlander had a horrible whole first season when he came up should we have sent him packing too?

July 20th, 2012, 8:47 am
Veteran General Manager

aManNamedSuh wrote:
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Over-react much?

Wow, knee jerk much. Verlander had a horrible whole first season when he came up should we have sent him packing too?

Verlander had 3 Major League caliber pitches.

Turner has a decent sinker. That's it. In other words, he is Rick Porcello. Turners "Fast Ball" is Batting practice quality at best.

July 20th, 2012, 11:56 pm
League MVP

I just saw Turner completely dominate for Toledo in Louisville before his call up. He was outstanding and looked to be throwing 4 pitches. CG, shutout, 3 very weak hits (all singles). I dont think he walked anyone and he kept his pitch count very short. The kid will be good and MLB GMs will bet on it. Im okay with them dealing him depending on what they land. If they land someone like Hamels or Greinke hopefully its not just as a rental and they can extend that player's contract. I dont really want Dempster unless its a reasonable cost (No Turner/Porcello or Castellanos)

I dont think they need another front line starter to win the division but I think they do need one to make it to the World Series. Verlander hasnt been good in the playoffs but they have to bank on him. Fister gives you a good chance to win a playoff game but Scherzer/Porcello/Smyly are more like toss ups in that situation. Dombrowsi will make a move but how high will he reach this time?

July 21st, 2012, 1:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2