View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 4:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Who's your Pres Candidate? 
Modmin Dude

Post Who's your Pres Candidate?
Yay! Just gotta love election season, right?!?
Here's another 'fun' poll to see which Presidential candidate might represent you the 'best / closest'

*One thing I found interesting is that there are more than just the "Yes, No" responses to choose from...*

Here are my results:
Candidate:
88% - Gary Johnson
on economic, domestic policy, immigration, social, healthcare and environmental issues
80% - Ron Paul
on domestic policy, economic, foreign policy, healthcare, environmental, and social issues
60% - Jill Stein
on immigration issues
57% - Barry O
on foreign policy issues
52% - Mittens
on domestic policy issues

Party:
86% - Libertarian
60% - Green
57% - Dem
52% - Rep

July 16th, 2012, 10:26 am
QB Coach

Post Re: Who's your Pres Candidate?
I'll bite.

http://www.isidewith.com/results/14725181

Mitt Romney and I share 98% in major issues, go figure eh?
Ron Paul and I share 86%
Barak and I share 18%

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

July 16th, 2012, 10:34 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I side with Barack Obama on most issues in the 2012 Presidential Election.
Candidates you side with...

87%
Barack Obama
on social, science, healthcare, environmental, and foreign policy issues.

81%
Jimmy McMillan
on social, domestic policy, immigration, healthcare, foreign policy, and economic issues.

81%
Jill Stein
on foreign policy, healthcare, science, and economic issues.

78%
Ron Paul
on immigration, domestic policy, foreign policy, and environmental issues.

44%
Mitt Romney
on immigration, domestic policy, and environmental issues.

That's about what I expected.

NEVER GIVE UP!

July 16th, 2012, 11:01 am
RIP Killer

89 % Ron Paul
on immigration, healthcare, economic, domestic policy, foreign policy, social, and environmental issues.

82% Gary Johnson
on healthcare, social, domestic policy, foreign policy, and economic issues.

80% Mitt Romney
on immigration, domestic policy, healthcare, economic, and environmental issues.

69% Barack Obama
on social, science, economic, environmental, and foreign policy issues.

87% Libertarian
80% Republican
69% Democratic
69% Green - Go State!

July 16th, 2012, 11:19 am
Profile WWW
Mitt Romney 88% (on immigration, domestic policy, healthcare, environmental, foreign policy, and economic issues)

Ron Paul 86% (on immigration, foreign policy, social, healthcare, domestic policy, and economic issues)

Gary Johnson 78% (on foreign policy, domestic policy, healthcare, and economic issues)

Barack Obama 46% (on science issues... which i really don't give a damn about)

Michigan Voters 65% (on domestic policy, immigration, and science issues)

American Voters 75% (on domestic policy, immigration, science, and social issues)

July 16th, 2012, 4:08 pm
Walk On

Comments: I voted no on free birth control (but not that important), yes on drilling (somewhat), yes on the bailouts (very), and I don't give a crap about the illegal aliens/immigration thing, because I believe it is just all about racism and hypocrisy.

85% Jill Stein on foreign policy, science, social, environmental, economic, and immigration issues.

83% Gary Johnson on domestic policy, foreign policy, science, social, and healthcare issues.

82% Barack Obama on science, social, environmental, and economic issues.

73% Ron Paul on domestic policy, foreign policy, environmental, and healthcare issues.

72% Jimmy McMillan on foreign policy, domestic policy, social, and healthcare issues.

68% Stewart Alexander on foreign policy, social, economic, and immigration issues.

46% Virgil Goode on domestic policy issues.

24% Mitt Romney on environmental issues.

95% Michigan Voters on foreign policy, domestic policy, science, social, healthcare, environmental, and immigration issues.

96% US Voters on foreign policy, domestic policy, social, environmental, science, healthcare, and immigration issues.

July 16th, 2012, 10:23 pm
RIP Killer

Here's my results:

96% Ron Paul
95% Mitt Romney
79% Gary Johnson
20% Barack Obama
68% Michigan
76% America
95% Republican
93% Libertarian
20% Democratic
7% Green

July 17th, 2012, 9:10 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I.E. wrote:
I don't give a crap about the illegal aliens/immigration thing, because I believe it is just all about racism and hypocrisy.

Being a Southern CA Resident my entire life I can tell you it is a HUGE Problem. Part of the reason CA is in such a financial crisis is the Billions spent yearly on people that should not be in this country (only because they chose to break our laws to get here rather than go through the proper channels).

Ill Fill out my results later, but was reading everyons responses and this stuck out to me.

July 25th, 2012, 11:50 am
Profile ICQ WWW
QB Coach

81% Gary Johnson on domestic policy, economic, healthcare, immigration, and environmental issues.
77% Ron Paul on economic, domestic policy, healthcare, and environmental issues.
64% Barack Obama on foreign policy, science, and social issues.
64% Mitt Romney on domestic policy, foreign policy, and environmental issues.
52% Jill Stein on science and social issues.
24% Jimmy McMillan no major issues.
13% Virgil Goode no major issues.
11%Stewart Alexander on social issues.

80% Libertarian
64% Democratic
64% Republican
52% Green

I was a little surprised by this, but I'm actually happy about the results. I've long considered myself pretty balanced: on some things I'm right, others I'm left. I know it's just a stupid survey, but it at least bears out those thoughts. Now I have to look into Gary Johnson some more to see what he's all about.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

July 25th, 2012, 1:52 pm
I.E. wrote:
95% Michigan Voters on foreign policy, domestic policy, science, social, healthcare, environmental, and immigration issues.

96% US Voters on foreign policy, domestic policy, social, environmental, science, healthcare, and immigration issues.

That site must compare you with the "majority of Michigan Voters," meaning, how often you side with the majority view on each subject. There's no way in hell people in Michigan or anywhere else agree 95% on virtually anything, let alone everything.

July 25th, 2012, 1:57 pm
QB Coach

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I.E. wrote:

That site must compare you with the "majority of Michigan Voters," meaning, how often you side with the majority view on each subject. There's no way in hell people in Michigan or anywhere else agree 95% on virtually anything, let alone everything.

That's not what it's saying. It's saying that you agree with the majority of voters 95% of the time. Not that 95% of voters agree on issue ____. For example, if 51% of voters support a tax cut, and you are in that 51%, you agree with the majority. It's simply stating that (statistically based on this survey), you share the view of the majority of Michigan voters 95% of the time.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

July 25th, 2012, 4:50 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

DJ-B wrote:
I.E. wrote:
I don't give a crap about the illegal aliens/immigration thing, because I believe it is just all about racism and hypocrisy.

Being a Southern CA Resident my entire life I can tell you it is a HUGE Problem. Part of the reason CA is in such a financial crisis is the Billions spent yearly on people that should not be in this country (only because they chose to break our laws to get here rather than go through the proper channels).

Ill Fill out my results later, but was reading everyons responses and this stuck out to me.

The problem isn't that they are here illegally. The problem is that the state is paying out the benefits in the first place.

July 25th, 2012, 9:30 pm
RIP Killer

Blueskies wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
I.E. wrote:

The problem isn't that they are here illegally. The problem is that the state is paying out the benefits in the first place.

Actually, it's both. First and foremost, children of illegal immigrants that are born her should NOT automatically get US citizenship. That is something that needs to change, and fast. It's what draws in a pretty good amount of illegals from Mexico.

Secondly, I agree that illegal (undocumented) immigrants should, in no way, receive any medical benefits or welfare, or any social aid whatsoever. They are not citizens, they are not documented, and they aren't here on work visas. They are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Also, look at the jails in America and see just how many of the inmates are illegals. It's ridiculous how many of them are in there, and drawing from the public well without having put anything into it.

There are folks who come here, with the idea in mind that they want to create a new, better life than what they had in their native land. Those kind of people I have no problem with. In many cases they seek to assimilate into the community, they have a great work ethic, and often times seek to do everything within their power to gain citizenship or at least be here on a legal basis. But it seems there is an ever increasing number of immigrants that come here that want the American way of life to conform to their ideals, that they somehow should simply be accepted, and that the system owes them for being here. THOSE are the people I want out of here.

Deport all illegals in jail. I don't care if they will try to find their way back here. If they do, euthanize them and they won't get a third chance.

Deport all illegals currently on public assistance programs. Once again, if they find their way back, make sure they are in the system and don't get a dime from welfare. If they commit a vioent crime, euthanize 'em.

I'm sorry, but this whole amnesty thing for illegals really just pisses me off. THEY ARE ILLEGAL! Sure, my family came here from Italy. But they all passed through Ellis Island and were documented. I have no family members in my history that committed violent crimes, or sought to change anybody into doing things the way they wanted it. They flew the American flag at their homes, not the Italian flag. And once here they considered themselves Americans. Most importantly, they took every measure to adapt to their new home, including the step of learning the English language.

And just about every ethnic group that came to America was treated unfairly. Jews, Irish, Italians, Polish, Asians, etc. All of them had to deal with prejudice and lived in low income neighborhoods, unless they came here dripping with money. And even then, those that were wealthy didn't exactly get treated with a great deal of respect.

It seems like today, immigrants reach the shores and they want to immediately tell America "hey, I'm here...so kiss my feet then kiss my @ss, cause you have to change everything to suit me and my beliefs".

Sorry, I'm not doing it. And I can't support anyone who does.

July 27th, 2012, 9:43 am
Blueskies wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
I.E. wrote:

What do you do with hospitals that vow to threat everyone that have these people come into their waiting rooms? I know they get more than that (its ridiculous that these people find their way onto welfare rolls, into food banks, etc.), but medical care is something that's tough to get around.

July 27th, 2012, 11:36 am
RIP Killer

I'd say if a hospital wants to treat all patients on an equal basis, regardless of whether or not they are legal, then they are the ones that absorb the resultant costs. Simple.

July 27th, 2012, 12:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next