View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 3:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 should we cut aaron barry? 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Re: should we cut aaron barry?
49ers wrote:
wjb21ndtown is basically saying the same things that I've said before several times. I agree with him on most of it, especially the actions of the players on the field. IMO, wjb is spot on with the majority of his comments, which many are based strictly on observations alone. I don't see how you could dispute much of what wjb said since it's based off of observations, not guess work. Undisciplined in games, undisciplined in the off-season. Not all the players, not even the majority of players, but enough to make you wonder.

And don't even start with me and Aldon Smith. If you know me, you know I want to trade this prick away for ANYONE else... anyone except Aaron Berry that is. What a jackass.

He was an absolute beast last year. He had a DUI and was stabbed in an altercation (he was said to have been trying to break up a fight). I don't think that should get someone cut. Berry should be cut if he's arrested a third time, let alone right now. It's unbelievable how many arrests the NFL has had this off-season.

July 22nd, 2012, 5:52 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

http://www.phinfever.com/newsite/index. ... 4&Itemid=1

This is from one of the alleged victims... If true, he should be banned from the NFL all together... Possession of pot I personally don't care about... Getting into a fight, doesn't bother me... DUI's need to be addressed aggressively... This kind of dumb poop there should be zero tolerance for... Regardless, I don't want him on this team... I've seen and heard enough from this jackass...

July 22nd, 2012, 6:29 pm
Team MVP

My opinion is simple. Not only do you cut him, the NFL dumps him in general and the law sends his badonkadonk to prison. Am i exeggerating? I dont think so. Send his badonkadonk to jail. He KNOWS the laws. Same with these other idiots who keep breaking them. Send them to ******* jail, its that simple.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

July 22nd, 2012, 8:19 pm
Hall of Fame Player

The Lions should announce that in light of all the off season arrests, that the Lions will hold the first 2 weeks of training camp at Jackson State Penitentiary. Each player will get the pleasure of sharing a cell with a real criminal for 2 weeks. That should give each player a new appreciation for the "RIGHTS" they take for granted. It would be an experience that they will remember for the rest of their lives. Hopefully, they would learn something positive from the experience. And it darn sure would be a team bonding experience. In the military, occasionally, when 1 person screws up, the whole company pays the price. This is a good exercise in creating the peer pressure that will help to keep everyone in line in the future.

July 22nd, 2012, 8:59 pm
All State

Seriously, it is time to CUT BAIT and make an example out of this moron. I was really hoping that it was at least a situation where it was logical to be brandishing a weapon in self defense or he was being threatened, etc. but instead he was acting like an idiot and a COWARD intimidating somebody else in a situation that posed no threat to himself.

While it certainly creates a double standard situation if Suh were to have another reckless traffic accident or Stafford were to get a DUI, it is absolutely time to do something about this.

Cut Berry NOW, or at the very least put him on the bottom of the depth chart and tell him that he'll be benched for at least 2 more games then the impending NFL suspension and PUBLICLY announce this punishment.

I'd rather roll with Alphonso Smith, one of the rookies, or another free agent. This has gone beyond absurd and it needs to be addressed once and for all.

July 23rd, 2012, 12:28 am
Varsity Captain

Murtyle wrote:
http://www.phinfever.com/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=834&Itemid=1

Wow..... I don't even understand that logic.... Glad I read it.

July 23rd, 2012, 12:45 am
Player of the Year - Defense

Per Dave Birkett and Adam Schefter, Lions cut Aaron Berry this morning.

July 23rd, 2012, 11:08 am
Hall of Fame Player

njroar wrote:
Per Dave Birkett and Adam Schefter, Lions cut Aaron Berry this morning.

Sirius NFL Radio is reporting the same thing.

Edited to add: We needed 1 of our rookie CB's to be better than their draft spot. Now, we need 2 of them to be better than their draft spot.

July 23rd, 2012, 11:19 am
Varsity Captain

He gone.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/23/lions-release-aaron-berry-after-second-offseason-arrest/

Quote:
Lions release Aaron Berry after second offseason arrest

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 23, 2012, 11:14 AM EDT

AP
Well, that didn’t take long.

The Detroit Lions released cornerback Aaron Berry this morning, finally making a statement about their offseason gone wrong.

Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press said after discussions today, the team made the decision to release the troubled cornerback.

Berry was arrested this weekend on three charges of simple assault, which marked the seventh arrest this offseason (including Berry’s second, after an earlier drunk driving charge) for the Lions.

They issued the perfunctory “extremely disappointed” statement yesterday, and backed it up with actions today.

July 23rd, 2012, 11:30 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

i would just like to remind everyone that i made this thread a month ago. i knew he wasnt sh**. the guy got a DUI only 9 days after the brass addressed the team. Oh well, Im actually really happy to get a better look at the rookies

July 23rd, 2012, 11:36 am
Hall of Fame Player

Killwill25 wrote:
i would just like to remind everyone that i made this thread a month ago. i knew he wasnt sh**. the guy got a DUI only 9 days after the brass addressed the team. Oh well, Im actually really happy to get a better look at the rookies

Not only that, But, he was just in court for his drunk driving thing the day before this Gun thing happened. This guy is a moron that is simply destined to be the next Ray Carruth or Reggie Rogers. What a waste of human flesh.

July 23rd, 2012, 11:48 am
Signing Tracy Porter would have looked pretty smart right about now...

](*,)

July 23rd, 2012, 11:52 am
Baton Girl

This whole teach him a lesson thing is an exercise in futility. The guy was an undrafted free agent that made the team so he is probably making the league minimum. Is there really anyone who is "outraged" right now that does not think this guy will be playing for the same contract at some point this year? He had the talent to potentially start on one of the 32 teams and when a team needs a CB due to skill deficiency or injury he will be on a roster somewhere. If teaching someone a lesson is giving them the same deal in a different location while potentially hurting your own chance at success then I guess this is the right thing to do. If the goal is to win the most games and a Super Bowl with the most talented 53 guys this seems like a bad business decision. Please do not give me the organization will be hurt because I will stay home and not go to the stadium. Enough will and most money is made from TV anyways. In the end this move was made to appease the fan base who would have been just as happy in the end with this guy if the result was a Super Bowl. Not saying he is the difference between winning and not winning a Super Bowl, just that to do so you should employ the best 53 athletes available to the team.

July 23rd, 2012, 1:46 pm
Hall of Fame Player

chitownlion wrote:
This whole teach him a lesson thing is an exercise in futility. The guy was an undrafted free agent that made the team so he is probably making the league minimum. Is there really anyone who is "outraged" right now that does not think this guy will be playing for the same contract at some point this year? He had the talent to potentially start on one of the 32 teams and when a team needs a CB due to skill deficiency or injury he will be on a roster somewhere. If teaching someone a lesson is giving them the same deal in a different location while potentially hurting your own chance at success then I guess this is the right thing to do. If the goal is to win the most games and a Super Bowl with the most talented 53 guys this seems like a bad business decision. Please do not give me the organization will be hurt because I will stay home and not go to the stadium. Enough will and most money is made from TV anyways. In the end this move was made to appease the fan base who would have been just as happy in the end with this guy if the result was a Super Bowl. Not saying he is the difference between winning and not winning a Super Bowl, just that to do so you should employ the best 53 athletes available to the team.

So do nothing is what your saying? Been there done that. It just leads to more morons getting arrested. This team needed an enema. And Berry(UPPER BARIUM) volunteered. LOL.

July 23rd, 2012, 1:54 pm
Baton Girl

I'm saying it is an empty gesture and most of the players know it. This will not stop stupid behavior in the long run. My point is when you do this who is it really hurting? IMHO not the player who committed the stupid act but the other players who will have to depend on an inferior talent at Berry's position. Just my opinion.

July 23rd, 2012, 2:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next