View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 30th, 2014, 11:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 The Turner Thread. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post The Turner Thread.
He pitched a good game today. I wouldn't get too giddy about it though. He pitched less than 6 innings against a struggling White Sox offense. And he gave up another 2 run homer. That's like 4 of them in 2 starts.

That said, I reserve the right to change my mind on any player at any time, good or bad.

If I am wrong about Turner, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about a player. I hope he does prove me wrong. I just don't see him as ever being any better than Rick Porcello. He has only 1 Major League caliber pitch, a slider. Just like Porcello.

Hopefully, he can develop 1 or 2 more Major League caliber pitches. A starter should have at least 3 go to pitches.

July 22nd, 2012, 8:04 pm
Heisman Winner

Post Re: The Turner Thread.
That's the fastest I've ever seen someone back peddle in my life.

July 23rd, 2012, 11:03 am
Hall of Fame Player

aManNamedSuh wrote:
That's the fastest I've ever seen someone back peddle in my life.

UMMM. How is that a back peddle? I still hold the same opinion I started with in the other thread. I simply gave him credit where it was due for the 1 good game in 4 major league starts that he has made. I also only said that I reserve the right to change my mind. That does not mean that I have changed my mind. I still believe he will never be any better than Porcello is. 1 good game in 4 attempts only reinforces that opinion NOT change it.

July 23rd, 2012, 11:28 am
Heisman Winner

You back peddled the second you started a new tread to pack peddle your firm stance against him. I have no idea what Turner will be but I'm smart enough to not to form an opinion on him after 3 major league starts.

July 23rd, 2012, 12:43 pm
Hall of Fame Player

aManNamedSuh wrote:
You back peddled the second you started a new tread to pack peddle your firm stance against him. I have no idea what Turner will be but I'm smart enough to not to form an opinion on him after 3 major league starts.

Whatever. I started a new thread for him because the Turner discussion was completely off topic in the other thread. I have not in any way changed my opinion of him. And yes, I do reserve the right to change my opinion of any player at any time.

I think you are just trying to start an argument by intentionally misreading what I said.

July 23rd, 2012, 1:28 pm
Heisman Winner

BillySims wrote:
I think you are just trying to start an argument by intentionally misreading what I said.

That's my M.O.

July 23rd, 2012, 2:44 pm
Modmin Dude

aManNamedSuh wrote:
BillySims wrote:
That's my M.O.
So you're a troll? :confused:

July 23rd, 2012, 2:50 pm
Heisman Winner

Apparently. It only took 7 years for this fact to come out.

July 23rd, 2012, 3:07 pm
Varsity Captain

Jacob Turner had an impressive outing in his first start according to the Marlins coaching staff. He will remain in the starting rotation until he gives them a reason to replace him.
You go Jacob, we lost you to the most dumbass trade since letting Granderson go!

August 25th, 2012, 12:58 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Boz wrote:
Jacob Turner had an impressive outing in his first start according to the Marlins coaching staff. He will remain in the starting rotation until he gives them a reason to replace him.
You go Jacob, we lost you to the most dumbass trade since letting Granderson go!

how are there still people out there that think the granderson trade was bad? in 2010 Austin Jackson overwhelmingly outperformed Granderson. In 2011 Granderson was much better than Jackson but now Jackson in 2012 has become the player that we always wanted Granderson to be while Granderson is now an all power player who is declining as a defender. Jackson makes much less money than Granderson at this point. And if you really want to cry about Granderson's 2011, how about the fact that the Tigers beat the Yankees in the playoffs? Throw in Scherzer (team record better with him starting than Verlander this season) and Coke (up and down but mostly a good player out of the pen) and its a good deal by the Tigers in my book. Edwin Jackson/Scherzer is close to a wash talent wise but Scherzer s getting paid much less.

I think Dombrowski gave up too much in this Sanchez/Infante trade. I felt that Brantly or Turner could have each been centerpiece prospects but DD gave up both. Anyway Sanchez has had the usual NL - AL starting pitching struggles but what more could you ask for from Infante? He s been exactly what we needed. My bigger criticism would be not the trade but the failure to pursue someone like Infante in the offseason when it would have only cost money (which the Tigers are now paying anyway) instead of young players.

August 25th, 2012, 3:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]